Mavic 2 Pro Flight Simulator problem
8929 29 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSKelley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27441 ft
United States

I can't seem to get my Mavic 2 Pro RC to connect to Flight Simulator or DJI Assistant 2.  Everything else seems to work.  I have the newest versions of both applications.  Any help?

thanks.
2019-5-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

This process usually works for me:

1) Start the DJI Flight Simulator or DJI Assistant 2.
2) Connect the remote controller to the computer via the Micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller.
3) Power on the remote controller.

If this process doesn't work on the first try, power off the remote controller and try it again.
2019-5-8
Use props
MSKelley
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your help, but I still have no luck.

1) I've tried to connect the RC both to Flight Simulator and to DJI Assistant 2 with no success.
2) The Mavic 2 Pro drone does connect to DJI Assistant 2.  Windows 10 recognized it as soon as I plugged it in which has never been the case with the RC.
3) With the drone connected to Assistant 2, I plugged in the RC to the USB port.  It said USB connection and "changed numbers" on the Assistant interface, but I believe that was because of the radio signal to the drone.

I think I must be missing something obvious.  I have tested by connection cable and it is plugged into the port on the left hand side of the report.  I appreciate any suggestions you might have for me. Thanks.
2019-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MSKelley Posted at 5-8 10:17
Thank you for your help, but I still have no luck.

1) I've tried to connect the RC both to Flight Simulator and to DJI Assistant 2 with no success.

What happens if you try to connect RC only to PC USB ?

Although I do not have the Mavic 2 I normally just connect up devices one at a time when using Assistant 2 & PC.
2019-5-8
Use props
MSKelley
lvl.1
United States

When I attach just the RC to the PC USB in DJI Assistant 2, Flight Simulator or when neither application is running, I get no connection and Windows 10 does not recognize that a device has been connected to it.  The RC simply says "connecting" and never connects.  When I turn off the RC, it does go into charging mode from the USB connection.  Thanks for your interest!

2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Would it be possible if you could clarify what remote controller are you using? Please note that the Smart controller doesn't support the DJI Flight simulator as of the time being. May we know if your RC is updated when in terms of firmware? You may use different cables and connect it again to your computer. You may perform these following steps:  Turn off the simulator, power off the remote controller, unplug the USB cable and insert it again, turn on the remote controller and install the remote controller driver (default address: C:\Program Files (x86)DJI Flight Simulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe). Launch the simulator again and check whether the problem will be the same. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!
2019-5-13
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

Have you tried manually installing the file "dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe"? It can be found in the "Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator" program folder.
The simulator program install seems to miss installing this which is the usb dricer for the controller as far as I know...
2019-5-13
Use props
djiuser_FHFJFd3PplnG
New

Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 5-13 16:06
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Would it be possible if you could clarify what remote controller are you using? Please note that the Smart controller doesn't support the DJI Flight simulator as of the time being. May we know if your RC is updated when in terms of firmware? You may use different cables and connect it again to your computer. You may perform these following steps:  Turn off the simulator, power off the remote controller, unplug the USB cable and insert it again, turn on the remote controller and install the remote controller driver (default address: C:\Program Files (x86)DJI Flight Simulator\dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe). Launch the simulator again and check whether the problem will be the same. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!

Dear Tony

I have exactly the same issue and I have installed the USB drivers from the DJI installation folder

THe RC just charges when connected with no application running and shut off

when its turned on nothing happens, its not recognized by  windows and the simulator
2019-8-29
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

I have two different laptops, one of it runs Windows 10 Pro (Lenovo Thinkpad Helix), and a Toshiba Satellite Pro (runs Windows 10 Home). Toshiba works fine with RC&AC, but Lenovo has never worked correctly, i.e. doesn't let connect Mavic Pro as an USB-drive, and doesn't let calibrate AC's screen, at the same time Assinstant 2 does recognize it, and let it update. I have tried all of the suggested methods, didn't help any. I guess your problem is just the same as mine, USB doesn't work correctly. Please search thru Forum for the USB solutions, and please give a sign if it is succeeding. Thanx
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_FHFJFd3PplnG Posted at 8-29 23:02
Dear Tony

I have exactly the same issue and I have installed the USB drivers from the DJI installation folder

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know what DJI product do you have? You may refer to the details below for the supported remote controller when using the Flight simulator to your computer.

Mavic Series        *Mavic Air
*DJI Smart Controller
Phantom 4 Series        
*Phantom 4
*Phantom 4 Advanced
*Phantom 4 Pro
*Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Matrice Series        
*Matrice 100
*Matrice 600
*Matrice 600 Pro
Inspire Series        
*Inspire 1 Series
Lightbridge        
*Lightbridge 2
2019-9-2
Use props
SeaRangers
lvl.1

Doesn't work for me either.  Windows 10 on Asus ZenBook, with Mavic 2 Pro controller.
2019-10-3
Use props
vabchgent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12838 ft

United States

Just gave the DJI flight simulator a try .This is with a Mavic Pro fully updated. It will see the controller but none of the buttons work with it no C1 or C2 . I can use the keyboard to get into the simulator and Fly with the sticks, but thats about it . Like the program has no layout for the Mavic Pro.  
2019-11-12
Use props
addohm2
New

United States

I too have had very little luck with using the DJI Simulator. I worded that carefully.  "Very little" as in, it has worked once before, and never since.  The problem does not lie in the simulator though, it lies with the device connection over USB with windows (THE DRIVERS).  When I connect the device I do hear the sound that windows makes when it recognizes that something has been connected, but nothing new shows up in the device manager.  I also used a USB port scanner, and had the same results.  I have tried both (computer -> rc) USB-C to USB-A, and USB-A to USB Micro.
I will also add that the drivers that come with the simulator are insanely out-dated.  

dji-innovations inc. (usbser) Ports (12/06/2012 5.1.2600.5512)
libusb-win32 (libusb0) libusb-win32 devices (1/18/2012 1.2.6.0)
dji-innovations inc. (winusb) USBDevice (03/03/2016 13.54.20.543)
2019-11-12
Use props
addohm2
New

United States

I further suspect that the issue is a conflict of drivers, though I'm not quite sure how to remove drivers completely from the system in Windows 10.  Each driver that was installed by DJI is also installed by Microsoft.  Here is the info on my system:

Published Name:     oem179.inf
Original Name:      dji_vcom_driver.inf
Provider Name:      dji-innovations inc.
Class Name:         Ports (COM & LPT)
Class GUID:         {4d36e978-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Driver Version:     10/25/2018 6.1.2600.5512
Signer Name:        Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Published Name:     oem46.inf
Original Name:      dji_vcom_driver11.inf
Class Name:         Ports (COM & LPT)
Class GUID:         {4d36e978-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Driver Version:     12/06/2012 5.1.2600.5512
Signer Name:        SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd

Published Name:     oem108.inf
Original Name:      vision_(interface_3).inf
Provider Name:      libusb-win32
Class Name:         libusb-win32 devices
Class GUID:         {eb781aaf-9c70-4523-a5df-642a87eca567}
Driver Version:     01/18/2012 1.2.6.0

Published Name:     oem72.inf
Original Name:      vision_(interface_3).inf
Provider Name:      libusb-win32
Class Name:         libusb-win32 devices
Class GUID:         {eb781aaf-9c70-4523-a5df-642a87eca567}
Driver Version:     01/18/2012 1.2.6.0

Published Name:     oem75.inf
Original Name:      winusb.inf
Class Name:         Universal Serial Bus devices
Class GUID:         {88bae032-5a81-49f0-bc3d-a4ff138216d6}
Driver Version:     03/03/2016 13.54.20.543

Published Name:     oem116.inf
Original Name:      winusb.inf
Class Name:         Universal Serial Bus devices
Class GUID:         {88bae032-5a81-49f0-bc3d-a4ff138216d6}
Driver Version:     03/03/2016 13.54.20.543

2019-11-12
Use props
addohm2
New

United States

The above driver conflict is created by manually installing the prepackaged DJI drivers.  You can uninstall the DJI drivers, but you cannot uninstall the windows drivers.  Back to the drawing board.  
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_9AM6rvD3qhWH
lvl.1
United States

Has this ever been fixed? Running Mavic Pro 2 with standard controller in the simulator. Constantly says "Connecting." Joysticks will work, but not buttons.
2020-1-19
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't like the fact the drone has to be on to use the DJI simulator.  I would suggest the DJI Simulator or DRL Simulator for practice.
https://www.dji.com/simulator
https://store.steampowered.com/app/641780/The_Drone_Racing_League_Simulator/

2020-1-19
Use props
djiuser_SIN6aBKpo9zX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466788 ft
France

I have the smart controller and I have the same problem: impossible to be recognize although the smart controller should be recognized with flight simulator... mess!
2020-3-26
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

addohm2 Posted at 2019-11-12 23:27
The above driver conflict is created by manually installing the prepackaged DJI drivers.  You can uninstall the DJI drivers, but you cannot uninstall the windows drivers.  Back to the drawing board.

right click on the windows menu icon and click on "device manager"

You can find the installed drivers under "universal serial bus controllers". When uninstalling the device, you also have the option to delete the driver from disk.

As you deinstall the drver, the usb port might not be available at that time. Restart your pc to have the drivers installed again.
You mght also consider to "update" the driver. The pc will check online for new drivers.

Also consider that every usb port is not the same, there are different standards as well different technologies. It's possible that you have different types of usb-ports in your machine. Some USB2 equipment might not be detected by a newe USB3 port. Try out different connections of your pc, one might work while the other doesn't.

And yes, some pc's or laptops might not work at all, because you only have 1 port and it wasn't compatible.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_ED12HoXkgIqr
New

United States

djiuser_9AM6rvD3qhWH Posted at 1-19 21:50
Has this ever been fixed? Running Mavic Pro 2 with standard controller in the simulator. Constantly says "Connecting." Joysticks will work, but not buttons.

I have the same issue.
2020-5-14
Use props
fans3c44d2fe
New

United States

djiuser_9AM6rvD3qhWH Posted at 1-19 21:50

I am having same issue 6/27/2020 everything is up to date.
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_IxbgD8f5eeJ6
New

United States

Same issue here, font also ultra tini (pitch 2 or 3) ....very problematic to read and control how it presents its fonts some seem to be ok???...none of the controls work...The application crashed as well

DJI Assistant 2 ....does detect the controller, and seems to work finee. The simulator , no response. Mavic Pro user...
I would have liked to buy this tool, but not too sure if it is a good product?
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_hUq4mLiV8ysu
New
Canada

Hi, I have the same issue , all is update, we supposed to have the best company in the world for drone, all buttons not working, just stick .... lost my time , I need to practice to be better, this kind of issue not supposed to be .  I bought a new computer with Windows 10  to practice and it's not working properly .... I know computer and configuration ... I have installed all drivers and update firmware DJI assistant for Mavic 2  .... I have the Mavic 2 zoom ....

What is the next step ?
2020-8-8
Use props
Alejandro53
lvl.1

Argentina

Hello boys! I have the same problem. Mavic 2 Pro, and Free Fligth Simulator installed on PC i7 - Win10, does not recognize the control. I also installed dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe, I tested on several USB ports, and on the two command ports. What I can do?
2020-12-26
Use props
Alejandro53
lvl.1

Argentina

nadie por aquí???
2020-12-29
Use props
Rickster565
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3448 ft
United States

Howdy form SWFL have the very same problem with MV2Pro controller in simulator?  sticks work but no braking?  none of the other controls work?  Anyone know if DJI is working on a fix for this???
I'm running Win10Pro, Dell XPS 9thGen i7 32g/1TSSD

Rickster
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_GMqeZmN9Q5TT
lvl.1

United States

Rickster565 Posted at 1-4 13:28
Howdy form SWFL have the very same problem with MV2Pro controller in simulator?  sticks work but no braking?  none of the other controls work?  Anyone know if DJI is working on a fix for this???

I have the same situation.   Sticks work but none of the buttons.
2021-1-23
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Rickster565 Posted at 1-4 13:28
Howdy form SWFL have the very same problem with MV2Pro controller in simulator?  sticks work but no braking?  none of the other controls work?  Anyone know if DJI is working on a fix for this???

Hi, I think it is working now. I have the remote controller model RC1B and it works fine for me. I also learned from DJI that you have to use the keyboard  key "V" to toggle between P, S etc as I also had problems with braking. Set it to P and it will work fine.
2021-2-25
Use props
WLSBLESSED
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50951 ft
United States

I've read through this entire thread following the advice given to get my controller working with the software. At this point, I wouldn't say its completely working. You gave a work around that will allow you to fly but have a realistic experience. Like others, I've been able to get my Mavic 2 Zoom controller connected in the simulator but the buttons still are not working. I'm assuming the simulator only allows you to be able to fly and not experience the other features such as zoom.
2021-3-13
Use props
Witblits
lvl.1

South Africa

I know this is a late post to the issue experienced but thought I post the solution I used to get the DJI Simulator working (for the Mavic Pro 2)  on Windows 11,
I also struggled and had to read through a trove of posts to get my Mavic 2 Pro RC Controller working on Windows 11.
The crux was that the RC was not being recognized by Windows. It made a Connect-and-Disconnect "ping sound" when you switch the controller on.
Here are the steps I followed to get it working:
1. Install the required software:
1.1 DJI Simulator
1.2. DJI Assistant 2 Consumer Edition. (Normally used to diagnose the RC, also to update your RC Driver etc, lastly you can use it to diagnose connectivity with Windows.)
1.3 Run the usb installer file dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe separately (for me located in C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator directory)

2. After installing the above, open Windows Device Manager
2,1 Switch on the RC (Should make ping sound, normally disconnects automatically as well).
2.2 On my machine the RC device appeared as libusb-win32 if I'm not mistaken.
2.3 Once you can find it, right click on the device in the Device Manager and choose "update driver".
2.4 Choose the updated USB driver which is located in the DJI Assistant directory. For me it was (C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)\Drivers\Drivers_Win10).
Make sure you check the include subfolders box
2.5 When you choose the driver you are presented with a list of certificates (I chose the latest signed one).
2.6 Once the driver is installed you will need to reboot the machine.
2.7 After the update the device appeared as "Vision Interface 3" on my Win 11 machine.
2.8 Last (for info) note I will add is that it was not required to boot Windows in the "special" safe mode (Previous posts indicated this had to be done in Windows 10)

3. Open the DJI simulator.
3.1 When you see the start button.. switch on the RC.
3.2 Use the RC buttons to see if you can move the menu items up & down with the controller to confirm that it is working.

4. For trouble shooting the cable etc. open the DJI Assistant and first ensure that Windows can at least connect "and see" the RC.

Hope this helps someone, especially new Windows 11 users.
2023-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules