Mavic Pro in a Simulated flight
1727 13 2019-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houdini
Second Officer

United States

This is a weeks worth of work in designing the Mavic Pro in A3CD  (3D CAD program used to create a 3D design). Then another week to program it to fly in the ClearView Simulator.

It still needs some work but so far the results are not too bad.

Thanks for watching and I hope you liked it.

[media=x,970,580] [/media]

2019-5-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very impressive!
2019-5-8
Use props
houdini
Second Officer

United States

A J Posted at 5-8 11:33
Very impressive!

Thanks AJ.  
2019-5-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome - hope to see the finished version of the sim soon
2019-5-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this video with us. Cheers!
2019-5-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is cool
2019-5-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

lmao the mavic does not fly like this.  If you want I can film it so you can try to copy the proper dynamics.
2019-5-8
Use props
houdini
Second Officer

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 5-8 18:38
lmao the mavic does not fly like this.  If you want I can film it so you can try to copy the proper dynamics.

Thanks for the offer.
It took a week to get it to take off . I used an V-22 Osprey program code to get it to fly. Still working on a code to make the Mavic Fly properly.
2019-5-9
Use props
houdini
Second Officer

United States

Thanks Woe.
It might not fly exactly like the Mavic but it was fun designing it and getting it to at least fly.
2019-5-9
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Very cool, great job
2019-5-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Impressive work!
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

houdini Posted at 5-9 04:29
Thanks for the offer.
It took a week to get it to take off . I used an V-22 Osprey program code to get it to fly. Still working on a code to make the Mavic Fly properly.

It won't really make sense to code if it can't accurately simulate the flight characteristics in the air.  Putting cinematic mode turns the brakes off.  Sport mode is quick but if you are flying low, the input lag will make it crash.  Tripod mode is customizable and it can fly slower than a Spark with everything on.  Also normal mode w/ different expo and rate settings will also make it change in handling.  The brake gain setting also exist.  Winds will also change it.  The random altitude deviations and other things also cannot be truly simulated w/o a lot of work.  The standing out in the field while looking at a slightly dim screen due to day light is something that isn't really simulated.  Basically it would take a lot more work over the amount of work you have done and going to do that I don't think it's worth doing to make it work correctly.

I think we should just use this.
https://www.dji.com/simulator
2019-5-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just got out of the Sim!! It's very good.
2019-5-9
Use props
houdini
Second Officer

United States

AntDX316 Posted at 5-9 06:57
It won't really make sense to code if it can't accurately simulate the flight characteristics in the air.  Putting cinematic mode turns the brakes off.  Sport mode is quick but if you are flying low, the input lag will make it crash.  Tripod mode is customizable and it can fly slower than a Spark with everything on.  Also normal mode w/ different expo and rate settings will also make it change in handling.  The brake gain setting also exist.  Winds will also change it.  The random altitude deviations and other things also cannot be truly simulated w/o a lot of work.  The standing out in the field while looking at a slightly dim screen due to day light is something that isn't really simulated.  Basically it would take a lot more work over the amount of work you have done and going to do that I don't think it's worth doing to make it work correctly.

I think we should just use this.

Thanks again for the advise.
The main reason I tried creating the Mavic was just to see if I could design it in a CAD program and make it respond to the controls. I don't think I will go much farther with it to make it actually respond as the Mavic actually does..
I tried the DJI Sim. Works well.

Thanks again for watching my video.
If you didn't see my post of the V-22 Osprey I posted on the forum, here it is again. I used some of its code to make the Mavic fly.

2019-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules