Hard to see iPhone screen
2759 9 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb0c4862
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423 ft
United States

I’m using iPhone 10XR with Spark controller. I’m having trouble seeing DJI Go screen on sunny/bright days. Even if I block the sun with my body. I do have the iPhone brightness at 100%. Looking for any ideas for improvement. I’m a newbie.
2019-5-9
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are some things you can do:

- Stand in the shade
- Attach a sun shade or hood to the remote controller to block the sun
- Use a brighter device (like the CrystalSky)
2019-5-9
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stand under a tree branch
2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. You may want to consider our Smartphone Screen Hood. The PGYTECH Smartphone Screen Hood is a portable, easy-to-use accessory that helps reduce glare and reflection on a smartphone screen when the sun is strong. It is compatible for use with the DJI Mavic, Spark, Phantom, and Inspire series remote controllers, and can even be used with a full-screen smartphone. Please see the link below for further details. Thank you for your support.

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-smartphone-screen-hood
2019-5-9
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

I had the same issue with my IPad mini-4 and bought an inexpensive 3-sided sun shade.  It's not perfect but I'm very pleased with it and my ability to see the screen.
2019-5-9
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

or VR googles, where your cell becomes the screen. i have one going to try it this weekend
2019-5-9
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29806 ft
Australia

Frunobulax Posted at 5-9 17:32
or VR googles, where your cell becomes the screen. i have one going to try it this weekend

Let us know how you go ,cheers
2019-5-9
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

All iPhones are the same. Just try to stand in the shade if possible or fly the drone by watching the drone rather than looking at the screen. I rarely use the iphone screen to fly by any more as it is just too dull. I only use the screen to take photos.
2019-5-10
Use props
fanscb0c4862
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-9 14:36
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. You may want to consider our Smartphone Screen Hood. The PGYTECH Smartphone Screen Hood is a portable, easy-to-use accessory that helps reduce glare and reflection on a smartphone screen when the sun is strong. It is compatible for use with the DJI Mavic, Spark, Phantom, and Inspire series remote controllers, and can even be used with a full-screen smartphone. Please see the link below for further details. Thank you for your support.

I bought this” Zagg Glass+ Anti-Glare for iPhone XR Max: Superior Sunlight Visibility & Fingerprint Resistance!” at Best Buy. Made a big improvement.
2019-5-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanscb0c4862 Posted at 5-11 09:19
I bought this” Zagg Glass+ Anti-Glare for iPhone XR Max: Superior Sunlight Visibility & Fingerprint Resistance!” at Best Buy. Made a big improvement.

Hi, thanks for your update. We're glad to know that the accessory that you've purchased help you a lot with regards to this matter. Please feel free to reach us if you need our assistance. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules