Screw Size - Rotor Motor
1344 4 2019-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pasquale Josepe
First Officer

United States

Hey guys.  I'm having no luck finding out what screwdriver to get to take the motor out of one of the rear arms.  Hex 1.5 seems to be the size for the houseing but the screws on top of the motor on the back legs are smaller.  Bascially some sand got in and now it wont rotate.  I can see the little buggers too but the compressed air isn't getting the last few.

Thanks

Pasquale

2019-5-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Pasquale. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Just a  friendly reminder that we do not recommend doing a DIY repair on your DJI Mavic Pro. This can void the warranty of the said drone and to avoid additional damage on the it as well. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason and fix the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said remote controller; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-5-10
Use props
Pasquale Josepe
First Officer

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 08:15
Hello and good day Pasquale. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Just a  friendly reminder that we do not recommend doing a DIY repair on your DJI Mavic Pro. This can void the warranty of the said drone and to avoid additional damage on the it as well. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason and fix the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said remote controller; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.

Thanks for the reply.  Stephen, it's no longer under warranty and I can see the pebble.   I appreciate your recommendation but help me the most is to know the size and type of screwdriver I need.  
2019-5-10
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Pasquale Josepe Posted at 5-10 21:28
Thanks for the reply.  Stephen, it's no longer under warranty and I can see the pebble.   I appreciate your recommendation but help me the most is to know the size and type of screwdriver I need.

You might try standard 1/16" hex but be carfull.  Fit can be deceiving. I hope someone else knows the proper size to use.
2019-5-10
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

I found that all the screws used to assemble my Mavic Pro are Torx screws Torx Screws. Torx 1.5 if I remember correctly.

I had to hunt around to find the correct Torx screwdriver bits and also some of the screw heads had a blob of hot melt glue in them as a tell-tale of disassembly - As my Mavic Pro was out of warranty I did not worry about this but worth keeping in mind
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules