Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Range Extender for Spark which they recommend
6170 15 2019-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans325af9cf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254833 ft
United States

Hi, I was reading about the range extenders that sometimes my spark loses the signal with the rc very often which one would recommend for use

what do you think about this:

ALIENTECH Duo Antenna 2.4G & 5.8G Signal Booster Range Extender for Spark

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... YGWWFZDE3&psc=1

2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If your drone is out of the 12 month warranty period then I guess it's worth trying out.
2019-5-10
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 5-10 06:01
If your drone is out of the 12 month warranty period then I guess it's worth trying out.

I have 5 month  
2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Then its a bit of a risk as this will probably invalidate the warranty if the drone crashes due to a third party accessory
2019-5-10
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 5-10 06:21
Then its a bit of a risk as this will probably invalidate the warranty if the drone crashes due to a third party accessory

yes but sometimes the drone disconnects me from the rc in full flight and returns to the home point
2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans325af9cf Posted at 5-10 06:47
yes but sometimes the drone disconnects me from the rc in full flight and returns to the home point

At least it is returning back to you - that's my point. Never used this product but DJI null and void warranties on their drones when third party accessories are used - especially range extenders they have not made and tested as compatible. It may be brilliant, work perfectly and solve your transmission problems - it may also cause you to lose the drone or crash it with DJI's response being that you breached the terms of the warranty. It's your drone so all I'm saying is to be mindful of the potential consequences before you drop $149 on something that may pose a risk to the quad and flight that you are ultimately responsible for.
2019-5-10
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 5-10 06:57
At least it is returning back to you - that's my point. Never used this product but DJI null and void warranties on their drones when third party accessories are used - especially range extenders they have not made and tested as compatible. It may be brilliant, work perfectly and solve your transmission problems - it may also cause you to lose the drone or crash it with DJI's response being that you breached the terms of the warranty. It's your drone so all I'm saying is to be mindful of the potential consequences before you drop $149 on something that may pose a risk to the quad and flight that you are ultimately responsible for.

ok I better go to the dji store to make a diagnosis of the drone
2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans325af9cf Posted at 5-10 07:02
ok I better go to the dji store to make a diagnosis of the drone

Hahahaha - they won't do that there - only in their official service centres where you'll send the drone to for repair. That said, you could go to your local dJI store and talk to them and see what they say. They may have a recommended extender that won't invalidate the warranty. Good luck in whatever you decide.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. We do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Spark. Actually, there is a  possibility that this Range Extender will work, however, since it's not yet optimized by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause harm on the said drone and can void the warranty as well. Have a safe and happy flying always. Thank you.

2019-5-10
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get worried about modding stuff because say you do get a strong signal 300m out but then it craps out, now you've lost signal but due to the massive solid confidence you flew underneath something, now it goes up and crashes.  Even when using nothing the hiccups occur which can become scary but I always try to keep the flying 95-98% not flying underneath something so it can pop out and RTH like nothing happened that day.

I think it's when it "switches" signals but during this time there is a hiccup that sometimes last 2 seconds.  The feed comes back but if it lasted a second or more longer it would RTH.
2019-5-10
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-10 07:56
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us today. We do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories or devices on your DJI Spark. Actually, there is a  possibility that this Range Extender will work, however, since it's not yet optimized by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories or devices might cause harm on the said drone and can void the warranty as well. Have a safe and happy flying always. Thank you.

I decided not to use range extender
2019-5-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

fans325af9cf Posted at 5-11 15:30

If you want a better signal and extend range, try parabolic range extenders for 10 $

I use them and they work great.  
2019-5-11
Use props
fans687a79c2
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Sayhelloforme Posted at 5-11 20:27
If you want a better signal and extend range, try parabolic range extenders for 10 $

I use them and they work great.

I agree, I detected some improvements by using this.
2019-5-12
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

fans687a79c2 Posted at 5-12 05:41
I agree, I detected some improvements by using this.

I only recommend the parabolic mirror range extension if you are aware that you should always keep it on the drone, as this device strengthens the signal by directing the signal of the antenna radiating in all directions to a forward beam. The range increases, but it weakens in any other direction.
Suitable for long-haul flight, because it will fly (move away) in roughly one direction, but if you perform maneuvers, you will easily lose the signal.
2019-5-12
Use props
fans325af9cf
lvl.4
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 5-12 11:35
I only recommend the parabolic mirror range extension if you are aware that you should always keep it on the drone, as this device strengthens the signal by directing the signal of the antenna radiating in all directions to a forward beam. The range increases, but it weakens in any other direction.
Suitable for long-haul flight, because it will fly (move away) in roughly one direction, but if you perform maneuvers, you will easily lose the signal.

good information to keep in mind
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans325af9cf Posted at 5-11 15:30

Thank you for the additional information. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules