MIMO Menu orientation won't adjust to landscape mode
8746 21 2019-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pixelsoldier
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased my OSMO pocket and upon playing around with it, found that I am unable to view the menus/ options and settings in a landscape configuration when the OP is connected to my iPhone 6.

In particular, I want to be able to review my video footage in fullscreen landscape mode which currently i am unable to do. Any thoughts on how to fix this? I know for certain that the iPhone portrait mode lock is disabled.

Thanks for your help!

P

Video playback in portrait

Video playback in portrait

menus all in portrait mode

menus all in portrait mode

See battery icon (upside down)

See battery icon (upside down)
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there Pixelsoldier. We do apologize for the inconvenience. I will be forwarding this issue to our developers and engineers for us to give this issue a proper resolution. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-5-10
Use props
Pixelsoldier
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 13:30
Hi, there Pixelsoldier. We do apologize for the inconvenience. I will be forwarding this issue to our developers and engineers for us to give this issue a proper resolution. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thanks Gamora! Looking forward to their response.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Pixelsoldier Posted at 5-10 13:35

You're very much. Can you please check your inbox since I already sent you a PM. Thank you very much.
2019-5-10
Use props
Pixelsoldier
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 14:28
You're very much. Can you please check your inbox since I already sent you a PM. Thank you very much.

Replied to your PM
2019-5-10
Use props
Pixelsoldier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 14:28

Any news with regards to this issue?

Thanks
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you very much. I already checked your message and already sent you a reply. Have a nice day.
2019-5-13
Use props
djiuser_7yJL5SmFV4Qy
New

United States

I am trying to use my DJI goggles with the mimo app for macro photography and can't see it in anything but Portrait mode, at which point the picture is sideways. I need a fix for this as well, very similar problem.
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_7yJL5SmFV4Qy
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-13 08:44
Thank you very much. I already checked your message and already sent you a reply. Have a nice day.

So no fix then? I imagine if there was you would share it with the rest of us.
2019-11-11
Use props
djiuser_7yJL5SmFV4Qy
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-13 08:44

The app just needs a button to toggle between portrait and landscape modes. That would do it! Update it already developers! How hard, how much programming could that be?
2019-11-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_7yJL5SmFV4Qy Posted at 11-11 19:53
The app just needs a button to toggle between portrait and landscape modes. That would do it! Update it already developers! How hard, how much programming could that be?

Hi, thank you for reaching out. This concern was already been raised to our designated department and they are now looking into it. We will take not of this suggestions of yours and follow up on the said feature request. Please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm puzzled as to why two users have this issue and nobody else does - including me.  Whatever I set on my phone (iPhone 6) doesn't have this effect - even locking rotation doesn't change its ability to display things properly.  I think you need to think what is installed or set on your phone which is somehow conflicting with the DJI app.  No button is required.
2019-11-14
Use props
Kardama
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566070 ft
Indonesia

fansfe82067d Posted at 2019-11-14 21:40
I'm puzzled as to why two users have this issue and nobody else does - including me.  Whatever I set on my phone (iPhone 6) doesn't have this effect - even locking rotation doesn't change its ability to display things properly.  I think you need to think what is installed or set on your phone which is somehow conflicting with the DJI app.  No button is required.

I have that problem too. I just want to preview my osmo action in upside down on my phone but dji mimo just provide full screen on the phone. That force me tilting my phone
2020-4-29
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Does this help?

https://www.lifewire.com/stop-iphone-screen-from-rotating-2000101
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_E3aaeeHGDEXi
New

United States

Pixelsoldier Posted at 2019-5-10 13:35

Hey I wanted to know if you got this problem resolved because I am having the exact same issue and I also have an IPhone 6.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_E3aaeeHGDEXi
New

United States

Pixelsoldier Posted at 2019-5-10 13:35

Hey I wanted to know if you got this problem resolved because I am having the exact same issue and I also have an IPhone 6.
2021-2-3
Use props
Pixelsoldier
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_E3aaeeHGDEXi Posted at 2-3 13:44

Unfortunately no. I imagine the iPhone 6 is just getting too dated and there may be some software gap.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_E3aaeeHGDEXi
New

United States

Pixelsoldier Posted at 2-3 15:21
Unfortunately no. I imagine the iPhone 6 is just getting too dated and there may be some software gap.

Ok thanks, that’s kinda what I figured but I should be getting a newer phone soon.
2021-2-3
Use props
Tyeron
New

United States

I am having this issue using DJI mimo app on an Iphone XR and the Osmo 4 gimbal.

Any updates? I chatted with support yesterday and they were trying to give me fixes for working with the zoom , changing to the front facing camera and changing modes.

This did not address the issue of the app not recognizing the shift from portrait to landscape.  I can shoot with it and then rotate the footage but some features go haywire such as dynamic zoom when trying to shoot in landscape since the app doesn't realize its in landscape. Portrait does work for this feature but I can't shoot in the preferred orientation and utilize the features advertised.

The iPhone is current on all updates and is does not have orientation locked.

Any help?  
2021-11-18
Use props
SpinRush_C1
lvl.1
Japan

Woah!  Really shocked here!  Tried to do a LIVE STREAM today. The MIMO app would not cooperate.   Lost viewers and the whole presentation was a fail.   DJI had better solve this orientation issue on iPad quickly. The alternative is that I start uploading videos describing this issue as a negative review.   I’m starting to wonder if my next purchase will be a GoPro.
2022-3-25
Use props
Edkenepp
New

United States

I’m having the same problem with my iPad.
2022-6-9
Use props
Carly Griffitts
New

United States

I am having the same issue with my Osmo Pocket. I have tried it on 2 different ipads (mini 4 and mini 6the gen that i just bought brand new) and it is having the same issue on both devices. I have been through every setting multiple times. I have been using the Osmo Pocket with the the ipad mini 4 for the past 2 years without issue. Then, just 2 days ago, it started doing this out of the blue and I cannot fix it. Any suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
2022-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules