Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 200 question: video out?
1496 10 2019-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

Hi:
Does anybody knows if you can get video out from the Matrice 200?
We need to use a third party TX and you cannot get video from the Inspire 2 body

2019-5-10
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

I´m talking from inside the drone body.
2019-5-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Airking Pilot Posted at 5-10 11:22
I´m talking from inside the drone body.

Firstly, Matrice 200 V2 is using different, supposedly better video transmission protocol, which may address your concern. Secondly, yawing the M200 as the alternative to Inspire's gimbal yawing is not that difficult during filming. Finally, getting video feed from M200 interior circuitry shouldn't be a problem for skilled technician, although to my knowledge no one tried to bypass the original transmitter or split the signal to feed the transmitter of your choice. My suggestion is to test M200 V2 first before doing any risky modifications to employ 3-rd party solutions. Naturally connection with broadcasting room must employ output from Cendence V2 controller.

"Equipped with OcuSync 2.0, the drones now support automatic dual frequency band switching between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz for up to 8km maximum transmission range, delivering reliable, high-resolution, low-latency digital video transmission back to the pilot."

2019-5-10
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-10 14:15
Firstly, Matrice 200 V2 is using different, supposedly better video transmission protocol, which may address your concern. Secondly, yawing the M200 as the alternative to Inspire's gimbal yawing is not that difficult during filming. Finally, getting video feed from M200 interior circuitry shouldn't be a problem for skilled technician, although to my knowledge no one tried to bypass the original transmitter or split the signal to feed the transmitter of your choice. My suggestion is to test M200 V2 first before doing any risky modifications to employ 3-rd party solutions. Naturally connection with broadcasting room must employ output from Cendence V2 controller.

"Equipped with OcuSync 2.0, the drones now support automatic dual frequency band switching between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz for up to 8km maximum transmission range, delivering reliable, high-resolution, low-latency digital video transmission back to the pilot."

DJI is always VEEEERY optimistic
Every video engineer in the OB trucks complain about Inspire 2 Lightbrigde 2. The specs from the M200 is not saying nothing new. It´s the same than I2. It switchs from 2.4 to 5.8 or viceversa
Thanks anyway!
2019-5-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Airking Pilot Posted at 5-11 19:30

DJI is always VEEEERY optimistic

Every manufacturer of consumer grade product is always very optimistic and enthusiastic in specs. Every one will also eagerly claim "pro" features of consumer grade product, and Inspire 2 is no exception. Other words, you expect too much from this platform. For truly reliable live video transmission you must invest in heavy lifter like M600 and custom camera+transmitter setup of your choice.
2019-5-12
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-12 11:41
Every manufacturer of consumer grade product is always very optimistic and enthusiastic in specs. Every one will also eagerly claim "pro" features of consumer grade product, and Inspire 2 is no exception. Other words, you expect too much from this platform. For truly reliable live video transmission you must invest in heavy lifter like M600 and custom camera+transmitter setup of your choice.

That´s what we think. But as the M200 seems to be a good compact platform, and that it accepts the X5S/X7, we would like to send the camera signal to i.e. an Amimon Connex.
If not we are thinking in a Gremsy T1 + Black Magic Studio Micro
Anybody tried it?
2019-5-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Airking Pilot Posted at 5-13 21:33
That´s what we think. But as the M200 seems to be a good compact platform, and that it accepts the X5S/X7, we would like to send the camera signal to i.e. an Amimon Connex.
If not we are thinking in a Gremsy T1 + Black Magic Studio Micro
Anybody tried it?

Back to Inspire 2 video transmission, which is successfully achieved by many others: what is your setup? What radio controller? Where are you getting the video from to be send via cable to TV truck?
2019-5-14
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-14 10:25
Back to Inspire 2 video transmission, which is successfully achieved by many others: what is your setup? What radio controller? Where are you getting the video from to be send via cable to TV truck?

We are using the Cendence RC, using it as master and sending the SDI to the OB truck. Custom channel only, 10Mb.
2019-5-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Airking Pilot Posted at 5-14 21:41
We are using the Cendence RC, using it as master and sending the SDI to the OB truck. Custom channel only, 10Mb.

Cendence with Patch Antenna? Also, this guy has some advices regarding your issue:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 363&postcount=22073
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 721&postcount=22087

2019-5-14
Use props
Airking Pilot
Second Officer
Argentina

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-14 21:52
Cendence with Patch Antenna? Also, this guy has some advices regarding your issue:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 363&postcount=22073
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 721&postcount=22087

I use my iPad Pro when using the SDI output, as opposed to the CS, as the CS can't do the full 1080i output. I set the colour temp at 6200 so it doesn't fluctuate

I´d like to ask to Aaron why he says CS cannot do the full 1080i... why? The output is given by the RC, not the tablet. With Ipad Pro or CS, you can have 1080i50 output. ¿?
Set the colour temp at 6200 so it doesn´t fluctuate? Why should fluctuate with another temp?
The issue with the Lightbridge 2 is the compression and artifacts that introduces. And max, bitrate is 10Mb/s. Third party TX go way higher than that. That´s why we´d like to use another TX like the Amimon Connex i.e.
2019-5-16
Use props
AJD I2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3040607 ft
  • >>>
Australia

G'day Airking Pilot,

The DJI techs told me that using the CS, that it won't output proper 1080, and can only do it using an ipad, as some of the processing is done in the connected device. I'll see if I can find where it was. Since then, I've used my ipad and it's been okay.

Cheers Aaron

2019-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules