868 9 2019-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i noticing my mavic air been drifting around alot more lately as well as sink slowly several feet.. i recalibrated my IMU, Compass, and my Vision system but it still does this.  this is a fairly new behavior for my aircraft.  whats interesting to note however is VPS seems to be working, it seems to know how far off ground it is and seems to position lock itself most of the time however this behavior is getting more frequent.  

here is a video of what it is doing... sorry bad video i was in a hurry i just wanted to get this done quickly.  but im not touching sticks and the drone is slowly sinking downwards until its 1-2 feet off the ground..  also to note, this video was shot after a Vision calibration and IMU calibration...  UPDATE: i checked the flight log as well, no stick input during the downward sinking either so havent fallen out of calibration...  

2019-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose question is does this happen at all heights and will it drop to the ground.

I had similar problem with craft at hover 2 metres drifting back and also to the left, I tried all calibrations, not much change, I then did a full FW refresh and this did the trick now it’s very steady, don’t know if that will help .
2019-5-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You've tried all of the things I would have, plus there's Hallmark's suggestion of refreshing firmware  (and setting factory defaults?), so just clutching at straws - are you using OEM or MAS props?
2019-5-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 15:15
I suppose question is does this happen at all heights and will it drop to the ground.

I had similar problem with craft at hover 2 metres drifting back and also to the left, I tried all calibrations, not much change, I then did a full FW refresh and this did the trick now it’s very steady, don’t know if that will help .

once it is outside of VPS range from the ground, it only drifts laterally and gently as if it doesn't have a solution position hold.  if there is an obstacle behind it or infront of it it will stop in position mode the OA will kick it back to stop. sport mode and position mode both do it not faster or slower in either.  just lazily does its own thing.

i did a FW refresh the other day actually, wasn't because of this though was because of the insane lag spikes im encountering, which no didnt fix that either but whatever, its Wifi its annoying....  i'll do another refresh again just incase, have to wait till tomorrow we have rain sweeping in and its getting dark now
2019-5-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 5-10 15:38
You've tried all of the things I would have, plus there's Hallmark's suggestion of refreshing firmware  (and setting factory defaults?), so just clutching at straws - are you using OEM or MAS props?

im primarily using the MAS props, but did switch back to OEM props in my bag and still happens when it happens.  

i did a FW refresh the other day because of huge lag spikes i been getting (no didn't fix that) ill do another FW refresh and try again tomorrow..
2019-5-10
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

original post affirmed did not happen before.
yet responses claim such tendency does in fact occur, and possibly resolved.
the barometer is source of altitude coordinate.
Can barometer and its circuitry exhibit drift?
can barometer output be influenced by environment  conditions?
do you think the slide drift and altitude drift would cease if fwd aft vision are disabled?
i experimented calibrating vision on supersized screen theater, so aircraft pointing error became markedly reduced (easy because bullseye incredibly huge). the craft was stone solid in hover! but this is underground, none gps. fwd aft vision off, but craft wouldnt budge. the next set received does drift. but i didnt cal it. it loses connection wifi at near radius some 500feet consistently. thats round two returned.

2019-5-10
Use props
circuitbird
lvl.2
United States

I'm not sure what exactly can be causing that. I try to give myself room should such instance occur. It seems that it may do drifts or adjustments to its position or direction when switching between different systems and sensors as it constantly is looking for best and available sources for positioning itself. Nevertheless, it is interesting to know what your case may be. If you find something that may be helpful to know, please share.
2019-5-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You seem to have covered off everything I would try in this situ. May be a factory reset with a firmware refresh and recalibrate everything again after cleaning the sensors - that's all I can suggest other than returning it to DJI to check it out.
2019-5-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would also calibrate your sticks. Had a similar drift and stick calibration was last thing we tried and solved the issue.
2019-5-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

so update: not sure if this relates or not, my rear right motor is getting hotter than other motors and i keep getting motor current errors with OEM or MAS props, not scolding hot or dangerously hot just warmer then other 3 motors.  just something i observed today, ill keep an eye on it just incase the bearing is failing or something, no debris in there i can see i also blow out the motor with compressed air just to be sure..flight time seems to be pretty much exactly where always been so doesnt seem too stressed out about it, top speed is 37-43mph with either prop so pretty much where should be.

but i reflashed/refreshed firmware again, cleaned cameras and IR sensors all around, recalibrated my sticks and IMU on a very flat and level workbench and relcaibrated VPS on my computer.  still sinking when its within VPS range.. aka 1-30 feet up, once over VPS range its mostly holding its altitude, just lazily floating around..im really confused about that.  

2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules