Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing lower than where I took off... it dropped!
784 5 2019-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkavanagh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55413 ft
United States

Today, I did something different. I took off from a table outside. I flew around for a while and played with tracking. I decided to land it someplace else on the ground and that happened to be at least 4 feet lower than where it took off. The Air was coming down as I tried to land and suddenly stopped the props and dropped to the ground. I honestly wasn't expecting this. I had assumed it sensed when it was resting on a immovable object and would cut power at that point. Thoughts?
2019-5-11
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have no idea what happened at the end of your flight, but I have many flight where I have flown to lower locations from where I took off and the only thing you notice is a negative altitude reading.   Landed several times at lower than takeoff point with no problems.  You assumption should be correct.
2019-5-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's weird. Shouldn't have happened. I've flown MANY times from hillsides where the elevation is vastly differnet from takeoff to landing and that's never happened. I've also launched from my hand but landed on the ground at the same location and it's never happened. Any sensor errors or other odd behavior during the flight?
2019-5-11
Use props
dkavanagh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55413 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 5-11 22:17
That's weird. Shouldn't have happened. I've flown MANY times from hillsides where the elevation is vastly differnet from takeoff to landing and that's never happened. I've also launched from my hand but landed on the ground at the same location and it's never happened. Any sensor errors or other odd behavior during the flight?

I'll review the flight logs. I just haven't had a chance yet.
2019-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dkavanagh Posted at 5-12 07:17
I'll review the flight logs. I just haven't had a chance yet.

Did you have landing protection on , by any chance would you have preformed CSC while landing ?
2019-5-12
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that is bizarre. I too have had flights where i have taken off higher, as well as lower, from my landing location and never experienced this issue. Wondering if perhaps something may have came up and covered the sensor, but that would have to be a pretty amazing odd for that to happen (Not saying it couldn't happen). But in short, never had that issue. If you do experience that again definitely post the root cause (if known) and i would be more than happy to test that out on my air as well. Knock on wood, mine has been a great little flier todate.
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules