All JELLO Is Bad!!! Ask The Cosby Cast
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 237792 ft
United States

Hello
I bought a Phantom 3 SE refurbished from DJI a few months ago, for the most part it has been great. Until I had a crash with a branch and pole when trying to land between them. The gimbal wiring connectors had snapped on the actual circuit board. So I sent it in, kinda had an issue with communicating with support reps, but received my drone back about a week later. I instantly looked at the spot that was broken before and it seemed as though the assembly was put back together sloppily, as there was some sort of dark residue on the housing where it is assembled and the assembly metal was sratched up. I didnt think too much of it until I flew it, and now almost all of my footage is like this.

https://youtu.be/z99cPGDXNdo

I have used ND filters and this is not a shutter speed issue; this is a gimbal failure and repair service shortcoming. I have cailbrated the IMU as well as calibrated the gimbal(several times) and this is still the problem. The gimbal will also start vibrating when its just hovering in minimal wind; I have flown this in 30mph gusts and have still had great results, so I know what it is capable of doing and how it is supposed to look.

I have to say I am not happy with the repair service at all; the craftsmanship is lacking as well as the results from my past few flights.

Not acceptable DJI.
2019-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi WestCoastCollab, we are very sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, please try the following troubleshooting:

1. May I verify if the gimbal clamp has been removed?
2. Please check whether the vibration absorbers are damaged.
3. Check whether the propellers are damaged.

If the issue remains, the drone will need to be sent back for the diagnosis, please keep us updated with the previous case number, thank you.
2019-5-12
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-12 18:47
Hi WestCoastCollab, we are very sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, please try the following troubleshooting:

Brand New Props, New Absorbers, and omg YES I removed the gimbal lock. Please advise  
2019-5-13
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-12 18:47

Brand New Props, New Absorbers, and omg YES I removed the gimbal lock. Please advise  
2019-5-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Oh, did I cross the line?

Bill Cosby is a loser and a convicted abuser of women.

Nasty. I still say chop.

RedHotPoker

2019-5-13
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 5-13 19:10
Oh, did I cross the line?

Lol haha...bet he shaky like that in the showers
2019-5-13
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

WestCoastCollab Posted at 5-13 18:28

Yes; I do know how to prepare my drone and go through all of the pre-flight tasks, especially with the gimbal....
2019-5-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

WestCoastCollab Posted at 5-13 23:47
Lol haha...bet he shaky like that in the showers

I hope he gets his due... deservedly so.

RedHotPoker
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WestCoastCollab Posted at 5-13 23:49
Yes; I do know how to prepare my drone and go through all of the pre-flight tasks, especially with the gimbal....

Thanks for your update, I'm afraid the device will need to be sent in again for the evaluation, your experience has been escalated to the appropriate department for better follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-5-14
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-14 02:02
Thanks for your update, I'm afraid the device will need to be sent in again for the evaluation, your experience has been escalated to the appropriate department for better follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Dear DJI

I sent my drone in two weeks ago for repair, originally a gimbal issue as u can see above. MIND U, This was a DJI CARE REFRESH repair that wasn’t properly completed. When I sent the drone back I i was told to send with the remote and battery in case they replaced. I specifically asked this question because last time I sent it the made a big deal about the remote cellphone holder needing repair. I declined. It works fine. Well this time the same issue happened and they processed it as a warrant claim instead of a CareRefresh repair failure.

So they sent me an invoice for the remote to be repaired, now saying the reason the drone jellos is because of the remote and the main board. Nothing different with the remote than before the original crash; mind u the remote did not wreck.

I have spent 10 days going back and forth having different supervisors say they would call back to confirm the order was processed properly. Just to find out they still haven’t fixed the gimbal. Wtf
2019-6-17
Use props
WestCoastCollab
lvl.2
United States

I requested they send me the remote back without repair twice, only to find out that the drone will now go to be repaired via care refresh and the remote will be sent back.

I asked for it not to be fixed because why I am going to spend $120 on repairing a basic 3 remote when u can find used controllers that are upgraded and newer for around the same price, maybe $20 more.

My understanding is that this whole time, they haven’t sent my drone for repair because they wanted me to pay for the remote to be repaired.

At least 8 confirmed phone calls where I explicitly request this to happen, now Im feel that they have dragged their feet on repair of the drone in order to get more money out of me for an issue that was never an issue when I sent it the first time.

It was supposedly tested and verified, which to me begs the question did they even try to due a quality assurance check before sending back a repaired product?

Please help; I’m feeling ‘Some Type Of Way’ about this DJI.....
2019-6-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WestCoastCollab Posted at 6-17 16:44
I requested they send me the remote back without repair twice, only to find out that the drone will now go to be repaired via care refresh and the remote will be sent back.

I asked for it not to be fixed because why I am going to spend $120 on repairing a basic 3 remote when u can find used controllers that are upgraded and newer for around the same price, maybe $20 more.

Hi WestCoastCollab, sorry for the late response, I have replied your new thread and will keep following up there, please keep us updated in the new thread if you have further concern, thank you.
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules