Is NFZ territories app based or in-drone based?
978 6 2019-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you use other apps other than DJI do you still have NFZ?
2019-5-12
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

pretty sure its drone based, taken from the drones gps position,
2019-5-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

raven swe Posted at 5-12 03:39
pretty sure its drone based, taken from the drones gps position,

yeah but I was looking for someone who knows for sure lol

I just want to film me on a golf course/driving range but it's in an Authorization zone.  If you don't fly higher than 20 feet as the Mavic 2 is an Awesome camera platform, it's so stupid.  No aircraft would be flying at 20 feet.  They should at least give you the ability to go 50 feet max.
2019-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 5-12 03:47
yeah but I was looking for someone who knows for sure lol

I just want to film me on a golf course/driving range but it's in an Authorization zone.  If you don't fly higher than 20 feet as the Mavic 2 is an Awesome camera platform, it's so stupid.  No aircraft would be flying at 20 feet.  They should at least give you the ability to go 50 feet max.

The FAA decides the height, geo in the drone prevents drone from going outside the parameters.

20ft is low for controlled airspace, but all aircraft fly at twenty feet both taking off and landing
2019-5-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-12 04:43
The FAA decides the height, geo in the drone prevents drone from going outside the parameters.

20ft is low for controlled airspace, but all aircraft fly at twenty feet both taking off and landing

I took off and landed multiple times in towered airports.  Airplanes doing 20 feet in a golf course is like..
2019-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 5-12 04:45
I took off and landed multiple times in towered airports.  Airplanes doing 20 feet in a golf course is like..

You probably need to talk to the golf course, FAA they are responsible for putting in the NFZ .
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hi, thanks for the inquiry. DJI’s GEO System delineates where it is safe to fly, where flight may raise concerns, and where the flight is restricted. GEO zones that prohibit flight are implemented around locations such as airports, power plants, and prisons. They are also implemented temporarily around major stadium events, forest fires, or other emergency situations. Certain GEO zones don’t prohibit flight but do trigger warnings that inform users of potential risks. By default, GEO limits flights into or taking off within zones that raise safety or security concerns. If a flight within one of these locations has been authorized, GEO allows users with verified DJI accounts to temporarily unlock or self-authorize their flights. This unlock function is not available for sensitive national-security locations. The GEO system is advisory only. Each user is responsible for checking official sources and determining what laws or regulations might apply to his or her flight. In some instances, DJI has selected widely-recommended general parameters without making any determination of whether this guidance matches regulations that may apply specifically to you. We're not sure if the restricted areas can't be bypass by using a third-party application. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules