Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ribbon Cable Question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know that if a damaged/bad cable will actually make the gimbal freak, or does it just distort and screw up the data going thru it.  Troubleshooting a problem.  P3P has gimbal issues mainly during sideways flight.  I'm also thinking it could be the ND filter which the style I got with the bird is pretty heavy.  Thx  Bolton
2019-5-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The first thing I would suggest is to remove the ND filter, put the original UV filter back on and see what happens. The gimbal motors are very small and do not like heavy loads placed on them.
2019-5-12
Use props
wntmldrs_belgium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Hello,
From experience, if the ribbon flat  cable that runs alle along the motors and the camera  is damaged or not well seated, it can and will make the gimbal go freaky. If you refer to the multi cable that connects the gimbal to the bottom of the drone that one can screw up the data and results in a poor image. If the ND filter is for the P3 it should work.
The ribbon flat cable is so fragile that the damage often is hard to see. It's the one part that with most P3 have to be replaced in their lifetime.
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If there will be a problem with the internal components of the aircraft, the DJI GO application would provide a prompt message for our customer to be notified. However, if you're having a problem with your gimbal, we would recommend re-calibrating the gimbal and test the aircraft at low altitude. Please pay attention to the application to see if there will be an error message. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules