Dji spark range problem
2555 11 2019-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aswin
lvl.1
India

I bought dji spark combo pack recently. But the range on this thing is really poor. It doesn't go to 1.2 miles as advertised. It barely goes to 13m horizontally before i get the poor radio signal. My antennas are placed in the right position and I have tried using both 2.8 and 5.4 ghz mode. Should I approach consumer court for false claims made by Dji?
2019-5-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The max flight range is heavily dependent on the environmental conditions you are flying in. There must be no obstructions between the RC and AC such as walls, tree lines and buildings, the area must be free of interference like electromagnetism and WiFi - if you fly a Spark which uses a WiFi transmission in or near a built up area the signal will be unstable and compromised. Be sure that the antenna is perpendicular to the drone too and is not pointed at it. DJI do advise this in disclaimers in their advertising and the manuals so the max range is not a false claim as many have flown even further than 1.2 miles with the Spark - in the right area. If however you are losing signal at 13 metres then there is something wrong which may be due to the device you are using as much as the drone. And BTW - what will your defence be in court for wanting a 300g drone to be able to fly 1.2 miles away from you and beyond visual line of sight which is a breah of Indian aviation laws for a UAV... Hey Judge, this drone won't let me break the law lol Good luck!
2019-5-12
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Are you using a smart watch or you have turned on the Bluetooth on your smartphone? because this causes a lot of interference. When I fly, I always put my Apple Watch and iPhone in airplane mode
2019-5-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

2019-5-13
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Maybe there is radio interference nearby?
2019-5-13
Use props
Estelle Lau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

13 meters? That is too bad, you may try other open areas to see if it is the same.
2019-5-13
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

can you share a video &/or flight logs?
2019-5-17
Use props
Decebalus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

If you change it to FCC mode, it will increase its transmission power 4 times. You can find tutorials on youtube on how to do this
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_N2ZhlxICrCJs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115807 ft
Lebanon

Did you turn off beginners mode ?
2020-1-30
Use props
Hoganballs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 750787 ft
United Kingdom

There’s something badly wrong there, id send it back. I’ve got a mile or more out of my Spark using 2.4 frequency. I’ve used another persons Spark and I lose video feed after 100 meters...goes to show you, not all Sparks, or drones for that matter are created equally.
2020-1-30
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Old thread
2020-1-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it's not ocusync you will have range issues.
2020-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules