Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to deal with the short range issue of Goggles RE with Mavic 2!!!
6811 11 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

I saw some threads talking about the short range issue of the Goggles RE with Mavic 2. I've tested mine last weekend, I found no issues when I use them. I think that some people may really get some issue, but some may get this issue since they use the machine in a wrong way,  so I decided to share my test to all of you, I hope it is helpful.

Here are my testing steps:
Step 1.      Turned all devices off, screwed the Pagoda antenna onto the Goggles RE. Someone may ask why I put the antenna on, doesn’t it just for the analog video transmission? Nope, it’s for receiving 5.8G signal. Luckily, the analog video transmission is running on 5.8G so it can be received by the antenna. And, as we all know the Ocusycn 2.0 has the dual channel and it might use 5.8G at any time, so you need to put the antenna on to make sure it will not lose signal while using 5.8G.
Step 2.        Turned the AC and RC on, set the wireless channel to DUAL via DJI GO 4.
Step 3.        Turned the Goggles RE on, linked it to the AC.
Step 4.        Then, put the Goggles RE on my head, not on the ground, haha.
Step 5.        Have fun, haha!!!

Troubleshooting Steps for Your Reference:
1.        If the range issue persists after you tried my test steps, go back to Step 1;
2.        Set the channel to 2.4G manually in Step 2, (Not the Dual anymore.);
3.        Relink the AC and Goggles RE;
4.        If the issue was gone, that means the Pagoda antenna was dead, you need to get it replaced;
5.        If the issue persists again, there might be something wrong with the Goggles RE, refresh the firmware with Assistant 2 and try it again. If nothing changes, send it back to DJI for repair.

2019-5-13
Use props
Macabre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390220 ft
Norway

I just ordered these goggles but found out there's a major issue with the range. Now, while I'm thankful for people posting solutions, if there's a range error, then it should be fixed by DJI (either by recalling and replacing or repairing).
2019-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Well done, Estelle, thanks for sharing your experience and suggestion, nice post.
2019-5-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great info - thanks for sharing
2019-5-13
Use props
K_Aalej
lvl.4
Flight distance : 994085 ft
Spain

Standar RC or smart controller  ?
2019-5-14
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17439970 ft
Australia

Thank you Estelle first common sense thread on the goggles re I have seen. My goggles are performing excellent distance is no issue I can fly with 1080p reception until RTH kicks in if people follow your recommendations they should not have any problems. Great post Thank You.
2019-5-14
Use props
PapaTom
lvl.3
United States

I want these googles for my MZ2 but, I don't want the hassle that I've been reading about with them.

After reading your post, GREAT job, I'm beginning to think people are having a problem because they are not utilizing the antenna.

Now for my questions. Are you using the stock antenna or one of the optional antennas?  Would there be any benefit in using one of DJI's optional antennas and if so which one?

Thank You.
2019-5-17
Use props
Byrdman75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 856411 ft
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and I have always powered on my devices in this order and attached the antenna that came with the goggles. Usually I will launch the aircraft and go up in the air before the goggles are powered on and I have not had a problem.
2019-5-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing this info.
2019-8-4
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>

Many people experienced signal issues when connecting DJI Goggles with Mavic.  if you have the goggles, please answear the form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/ ... Y7vu8zwfGg/viewform
2019-9-11
Use props
djiuser_JYkjyCUhIN9S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209285 ft
Netherlands

I think its not a range issue. When using both rc an goggles the connection of both is gone. Also the set c2 buttons do not work when using goggles. Its a controller issue I think.
2019-10-27
Use props
djiuser_JYkjyCUhIN9S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209285 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-13 19:10
Well done, Estelle, thanks for sharing your experience and suggestion, nice post.

How about a fix for the range problems?
Can dji post a video on how the goggles have NO problems?
2019-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules