Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI SW update - what settings get reset
466 5 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marklyn59
First Officer
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Does anyone know for certain which DJI Go 4 settings are reset back to default after a software update?
I recall after a DJI Go software update that two settings get reset back to a default, the "set max flight altitude" and the "return to home" altitude.
Does anyone know for certain of these two or others?
2019-5-13
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

More than likely, everything you have changed, has been reset to the defaults.
If you haven't changed it should still be at the default, unless DJI changes it.
That's why it good to check everything after any firmware changes.
If you want to keep your AC in one piece...

2019-5-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You really should go through the app, sometimes nothing changes sometimes everything changes and sometimes only a few changes, it’s not something that’s consistent.

A nuisance I know and it’s a pity we can’t save settings before update and then just copy , but that’s part and parcel of flying drones .
2019-5-13
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
United States

I'm not talking about a firmware update, I'm talking about an updated version of DJI Go.  And not all settings are changed, I've only noticed a few things changed but never kept a record of them. It's a pity that there even has to be a suggestion to have to go through the settings for each update to verify what's changed. That implies one would have to keep something in the order of a spreadsheet and go through each setting which would be tedious, if you wanted every setting to be as you expected it to be before the update. This also means you'd need to go through third party apps (Litchi, etc) to verify changes since I know for certain that some setting changes in DJI Go are also changed in those 3rd party apps (ie: RTH altitude, max distance, etc).
2019-5-13
Use props
Knobbynomates
First Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

marklyn59 Posted at 5-13 07:13
I'm not talking about a firmware update, I'm talking about an updated version of DJI Go.  And not all settings are changed, I've only noticed a few things changed but never kept a record of them. It's a pity that there even has to be a suggestion to have to go through the settings for each update to verify what's changed. That implies one would have to keep something in the order of a spreadsheet and go through each setting which would be tedious, if you wanted every setting to be as you expected it to be before the update. This also means you'd need to go through third party apps (Litchi, etc) to verify changes since I know for certain that some setting changes in DJI Go are also changed in those 3rd party apps (ie: RTH altitude, max distance, etc).

Tedious indeed

... better than crashing though
2019-5-13
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 5-13 08:22
Tedious indeed

... better than crashing though

Except I'm not really talking about settings that you'd likely crash from.  More or less, I'm talking about nuisance settings that cause you to have to stop what you're doing and set back up to fly the way you thought you were going to be flying.  It's just an aggravation that I know we have to put up with and wish that DJI would make it such that you could save settings before an update or they would automatically be saved.  Their technical expertise in getting the drone to even fly in a straight line seems a lot more advanced than saving preferred settings.  But, it's probably just me.
2019-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules