Auto pano stitching on P4P V2
2074 10 2019-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

I've been shooting some pano shots with my P4P V2 and my Mavic Air.

It's working well with the MA as I can see all the pano shots in a folder labeled as Panorama, and the Auto Stitched Panos are included in the media file.

I'm not having as much luck with the P4P V2. I can see all the pano shots in individual files inside the Panorama folder. But I can't find the completed stitched panorama pictures anywhere on the SD Card.

I don't know if I've got the settings messed up or if the P4P V2 simply doesn't stitch the panoramas together.

Any help would be very appreciated.

2019-5-13
Use props
Sebb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Rocky, i ve checked my image folders and for pano as a shooting mode I also do not get assembled pano, only seperate images. But you can easily stitch them in software like AutoPano (very good but not free) or Ptgui (free). Just check youtube for tutorials.
2019-5-16
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

Sebb Posted at 5-16 04:06
Hi Rocky, i ve checked my image folders and for pano as a shooting mode I also do not get assembled pano, only seperate images. But you can easily stitch them in software like AutoPano (very good but not free) or Ptgui (free). Just check youtube for tutorials.

Thanks Sebb.

2019-5-16
Use props
fans704767c1
lvl.1
United States

If you stitch the photos while your drone is in the air, it is possible to save the pano on the device with which you are viewing the images, however, I have had mixed results with that process. Maybe someone can comment on that issue. Photoshop elements does an adequate job of stitching jpeg and/or raw photos.
2019-5-16
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

if you are looking to stitch the pics, you can use dji media maker or  ms ice. both are free, and super easy to use.
I use ms ice for pano's, it has more options than media maker.

someone mentioned ptgui, as being free, nope it's not free.

2019-5-16
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Microsoft ICE is superb and free! & VERY easy to use!
2019-5-16
Use props
fans704767c1
lvl.1
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 5-16 10:48
Microsoft ICE is superb and free! & VERY easy to use!

Can you stitch raw photos with Microsoft Ice?
2019-5-16
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

yes, it's supposed to, never tried
2019-5-16
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans704767c1 Posted at 5-16 16:39
Can you stitch raw photos with Microsoft Ice?

I make the JPG's from the RAW files - I first run all the images through Adobe Lightroom to create the look you want then once its been stitched in MS ICE I run that final image again, just to tidy up any odd parts. - But I do keep all the original unstitched images at FULL size(px) and set the jpg to 300DPI - The detail from the P4P is superb. I use www.roundme.com to display the final image.
2019-5-16
Use props
fans704767c1
lvl.1
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 5-16 21:48
I make the JPG's from the RAW files - I first run all the images through Adobe Lightroom to create the look you want then once its been stitched in MS ICE I run that final image again, just to tidy up any odd parts. - But I do keep all the original unstitched images at FULL size(px) and set the jpg to 300DPI - The detail from the P4P is superb. I use www.roundme.com to display the final image.

I have not used Lightroom for many years, so I am unacquainted with the recent versions. I think Lightroom has a photomerge capability. Does Ice work better?
2019-5-17
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ice works better and quicker by MILES!
2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now