792 9 2019-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

Hi for All,

I know it has been discussed many times, but after trying every possible suggestions, one of my laptops (Lenovo ThinkPad Helix /Windows 10 Pro) doesn't recognize my new Mavic 2 Pro as USB drives. At the same time my Toshiba Satellite (W10 Home( works fine, Assistant 2 'sees' M2P and RC well, and my laptop works fine with the M2P's SD&memory. My Lenovo's Assistant 2 recognizes AC & RC, but W10 Pro doesn't recognize SD&Memory. Device Manager shows 2 Ports, Toshibe only one. I could live with this kind of behavior, but mostly I would take wit me the Lenovo being easier and smaller and would be fine to dowload the recorded material on it.
If anyone of you meanwhile found a newer solution please share with me. Thanks a lot.
2019-5-14
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

What type of SD card are you using?  What type of USB port (2.0 or 3.0)?  What type of USB cable (2.0 or 3.0)?  I have an Asus Windows 10 that recognizes it with no issues.
2019-5-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you haven't already, try different USB cables.  I've had some cables that just don't work reliably with DJI drones (including the DJI cables that came with the drones).  
2019-5-14
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

Neo Supreme Posted at 5-14 06:23
What type of SD card are you using?  What type of USB port (2.0 or 3.0)?  What type of USB cable (2.0 or 3.0)?  I have an Asus Windows 10 that recognizes it with no issues.

Thanks for your reply Neo Supreme. All of my USB ports are USB 3,  SD Card is the suggested by  DJI, Sandisc Extreme Pro 32G, USB Cable is  the original supplied with the drone (USB 3).

Thanks again
2019-5-14
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

kovat53 Posted at 5-14 06:30
Thanks for your reply Neo Supreme. All of my USB ports are USB 3,  SD Card is the suggested by  DJI, Sandisc Extreme Pro 32G, USB Cable is  the original supplied with the drone (USB 3).

Thanks again

Okay.  It could be as KlooGee suggested as well.  Sometimes a system/pc is finnicky about which cables it accepts.
2019-5-14
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

KlooGee Posted at 5-14 06:26
If you haven't already, try different USB cables.  I've had some cables that just don't work reliably with DJI drones (including the DJI cables that came with the drones).

Thanks so much.  I understood, only one question is open: why does it work with the same cable  on Toshibe and why not on Lenovo. Anyway I accept your suggestion and will give a try with some other cables.
2019-5-14
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

kovat53 Posted at 5-14 09:41
Thanks so much.  I understood, only one question is open: why does it work with the same cable  on Toshibe and why not on Lenovo. Anyway I accept your suggestion and will give a try with some other cables.

Could be a problem with the usb on your machine or even the drivers used. If the cable works on another machine, I wouldn't suspect the cable. Sometimes different usb architecture is used on the same machine, so try another usb port. Or even a us-hub may give another result.
2019-5-14
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

JohnDG Posted at 5-14 12:23
Could be a problem with the usb on your machine or even the drivers used. If the cable works on another machine, I wouldn't suspect the cable. Sometimes different usb architecture is used on the same machine, so try another usb port. Or even a us-hub may give another result.

Thank you for your suggestion. Tried different cables without success, probably my Lenovo's USB specifications don't fulfil 100 % the standards. I think I have to use may Toshiba, which works flawlessly.
2019-5-15
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

kovat53 Posted at 5-14 09:41
Thanks so much.  I understood, only one question is open: why does it work with the same cable  on Toshibe and why not on Lenovo. Anyway I accept your suggestion and will give a try with some other cables.

Firstly, some devices are more forgiving of crap connections than others.

Secondly, not all USB-C cables and devices are the same.   https://www.androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-c-870996/
2019-5-16
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Hungary

KlooGee Posted at 5-16 03:55
Firstly, some devices are more forgiving of crap connections than others.

Secondly, not all USB-C cables and devices are the same.   https://www.androidauthority.com/state-of-usb-c-870996/

Thanks for your support. I have given up with my Lenovo. Having read the suggested material made clear for me - after trying 5 different cables, two USB hubs, deinstalling reinstalling drivers, Assistant 2 etc. -  something is 'wrong" with Lenovo Helix's USB. The machine itself is almost six years old (my Toshiba at the same age, which works fine), has two USB 3.0 ports on keyboard dock and one USB 2.0 on main unit. Just the same result. I checked with the command sfc /scannow the driver integrity, seems O.K. So finally gave up and resigned, Lenovo will not accept my ne M2P as an USB drive.
I really appreciate  your help. Good flight.
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules