Crystal Sky Battery Not Charging
4094 6 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bw31642
New
United Kingdom

When trying to charge my CrystalSky batteries using the supplied intelligent charger, the LED starts flashing green as if its charging then turn goes out a few seconds later. The LED on the Mavic Charger feeding it immediately turns red and the charging stops. I have two batteries for the CrystalSky and have tried both, same effect.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’ve added a photo of how the charger is connected. You can see the red LED on the Mavic charger is Cleary red.

IMG_2797.jpg
2019-5-15
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

I use the the same setup to charge my CS5.5 batteries... But I don't plug the adapter into the Intelligent Battery Hub!!
I plug the adapter directly into the charger!!
I have Zero problems.....

Good Luck
2019-5-15
Use props
bw31642
New
United Kingdom

The guys from DJI support informed me that I need at least 100W power supply to the intelligent charger, meaning I can't use the one from the Mavic Pro. I need to use one from a Phantom 4 (or equiv).

From Support:
"As per checking your link, you are using the Mavic Power supply which has only 50W output which is not compatible for charging the CrystalSky's battery. The CryctalSky battery should be charged with 100W. "

Great turnaround and support from DJI's team.

Now I'm on the hunt for a 100W supply.
2019-5-15
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

Yes, the maybe the problem...
I have a Mvaic 2.. so the Pwr Supply is rate at 65W.....
2019-5-15
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sclelectronics Posted at 5-15 06:56
I use the the same setup to charge my CS5.5 batteries... But I don't plug the adapter into the Intelligent Battery Hub!!

I charge my CS batteries this way as well. Are you sure it doesn't work for you???
2019-5-15
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

sclelectronics Posted at 5-15 06:56

Where did you buy this cable ?

Other question : If I plug in a cable in the crystalesky, he charge the battery or not ? I would like to know if the charger is the only one possibilty for charging the battery ... I travel and I have only my car for electricity sometimes.

Cheers
2019-6-1
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

To purchase the Cable...check out Amazon..Ebay
The USB ports don't supply enough voltage or amperage to charge the External battery..
You only can charge the small internal battery!!
In my Car I use the DJI car charger for the Mavic 2 with charging cable to charge my CS batteries..

good luck
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules