Osmo Action Camera Captures Every Adventure in Stunning 4K Detail
11130 115 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 552 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 4 Points! Each person is 1 times
djiuser_eIsclNcjI1Na
lvl.2

Canada

Hello Can you provide a date when the Waterproof Case (60m) become available?

I bought this camera on launch specifically for diving and now it looks like DJI is pulling another "OSMO" Pocket" where they never release critical accessories.
Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.13.52 AM.png
2019-6-2
Use props
djiuser_eIsclNcjI1Na
lvl.2

Canada

Hello Can you provide a date when the Waterproof Case (60m) become available?   I bought this camera on launch specifically for diving and now it looks like DJI is pulling another "OSMO" Pocket" where they never release critical accessories.
2019-6-2
Use props
djiuser_eIsclNcjI1Na
lvl.2

Canada

I bought this camera on launch specifically for diving and now it looks like DJI is pulling another "OSMO" Pocket" where they never rebased curtail accessories.
2019-6-2
Use props
djiuser_eIsclNcjI1Na
lvl.2

Canada

I bought this camera on launch specifically for diving and now it looks like DJI is pulling another "OSMO" Pocket" where they never release critical accessories.
2019-6-2
Use props
djiuser_eIsclNcjI1Na
lvl.2

Canada

I bought this camera on launch specifically for diving and now it looks like DJI is pulling another "OSMO" Pocket" where they never release important accessories.
2019-6-2
Use props
Dan Heller
lvl.2

Canada

Hello when will the OSMO action 60m waterproof housing be released? I bought the Action on lance specifically for diving, now DJI is pulling another "OSMO Pocket" where they never rebased critical accessories, making the device useless!
2019-6-2
Use props
Dan Heller
lvl.2

Canada

Hello when will the OSMO action 60m waterproof housing be released? I bought the Action on lance specifically for diving, now DJI is pulling another "OSMO Pocket" where they never release critical accessories, making the device useless!
2019-6-2
Use props
Dan Heller
lvl.2

Canada

Hello when will the OSMO action 60m waterproof housing be released? I bought the Action on lance specifically for diving, now DJI is pulling another "OSMO Pocket" where they never release critical accessories, making the device useless!
2019-6-2
Use props
Dan Heller
lvl.2

Canada

When will the OSMO Action 60m underwater housing be released, it looks like DJI is pulling another "OSMO Pocket" where they never release critical accessories for this products!
2019-6-2
Use props
Dan Heller
lvl.2

Canada

Unless you want to go diving...
2019-6-2
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Replies reward +4 Points

Brand new Osmo Action doesn't turn on anymore. It has worked perfectly for about 2 weeks. Yesterday, I turned it off, then turned it on a few minutes after... but it did not light up. No sound, no LED, no screen, no reaction at all. No LED while charging the battery but Osmo Pocket gets warm.
Is there a magical wakeup sequence? A factory reset other than in the menus (I have no menus as I have nothing live)? Or has it died on me?
2019-6-2
Use props
Glenravel
New

United Kingdom

Replies reward +4 Points

How can I change language on osmo action?
2019-6-8
Use props
HDRushmore
lvl.2
Brunei

Replies reward +4 Points

Glenravel Posted at 6-8 08:34
How can I change language on osmo action?

Pull down the menu, Top right icon SETTING. Scroll down to Language to change.
2019-6-9
Use props
Saeco
New
Austria

Replies reward +4 Points

Ich schließe mich den vielen gleichlautenden Forum-Einträgen zum Thema wasserdichtes Gehäuse für die DJI Osmo Action an. Es wäre schön, wenn ich in meinem Tauchurlaub die DJI Osmo Action einsetzen könnte. Für die namentlich allgemein bekannte Kamera des Konkurrenten gibt es neuerdings sogar ein gefrästes Aluminiumgehäuse für eine Tiefe bis zu 150 m im Actionpro-Shop. Für die DJI Osmo Action gibt es zur Zeit nicht mal das angekündigte Gehäuse von DJI. Ich gehe davon aus, dass sich DJI keine Blöße geben wird?????? Kann das tatsächlich dazu führen, dass ich die Kamera von DJI trotz der guten Bewertungen und der guten Eigenschaften einmotten muss???

2019-6-10
Use props
Saeco
New
Austria

Where is the waterproof case for the DJI Osmo Action????
2019-6-10
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Saeco Posted at 6-10 23:15
Where is the waterproof case for the DJI Osmo Action????

I don't recall where I read a comment but it suggested that until there are sufficient sales of the Action, DJI might not want to invest in expensive manufacturing of some accessories.  Really, where are the extra batteries and charger kits?  But maybe it just takes time and with potential tariff issues that might also lead to delay.
2019-6-11
Use props
Dan Heller
lvl.2

Canada

When will the underwater housing be available? Looks like DJI has pulled another "OSMO Pocket" where they never release critical accessories. I bought the Action on launch specifically for diving, now it looks like DJI isn't going to release the underwater housing and I can't even return it. Should have bought the Hero 7 Black...
2019-6-13
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

My OA is taking some really great videos.
2019-6-16
Use props
CekariYH
lvl.1
Sweden

Replies reward +4 Points

Hands on on the DJI Osmo Action camera.

Well, I got it yesterday so just been doing some test shots with it, but first is first.

Activating it by creating an account via the DJI Mimo app was awkward and failed me 5 times. Going to their website and register an account and then activating the camera within the camera was 10 times faster in one go.

Updating the firm ware via the Mimo app failed 20 times , but suddenly when starting up the camera for the x.th time it said that a new firm ware was available and just pressing the Update took about 2 minutes and worked directly. Will use the manual download and put it in the root of the microSD from now on.

Looks and feels great in your hand.
Pros:
Feels solid and front screen is perfect for selfies. Back-screen is where it all happens., It’s quite responsive to such as commands but a tad small.

Cons:
First of all, the Camera case seems to be made of the same manufacture as for the latest GoPro cameras and thus: you can’t open the cover for the USB-C port / microSD card without dissembling it and get the camera off the housing. Bummer, so if you like me use it in the car with a charging cable and then leves the car you have to to reverse it all if it’s raining to attach the cover to make it water proof, and back to the car it all starts over. And there e are no place to keep the the cover so it’s likely it will be lost sooner than…
Why???
Settings; the DJI Mimo app are pretty nice but why o way are there different options in the app and the camera!? and the settings that are the same are not reflected back between the two. , super confusing.
USB-C Connection? well not faster to download directly from camera than USB-A. so what’s it for?
Take out the card and use your multi USB.reader is a lot faster (if you don’t have the latch cover and cover mounted). but still faster.
—-Missing Loop mode for videos, I want that very much when driving around with the car, with the option to lock clips from being written over. Like 3-5minutes clips with three clips rotating and overwriting the oldest if not looked then it creates a new so always three in the works sts.

What I love is Raw support (dng) for stills, would be even better if one could choose just RAWs, and shooting video the Rocksteady and dewarp are just amazingly good..

I need to test some more, esp. stills at shiny days as well as video at different places and weather..

Verdict so far vs the GoPros I own
Lots of options both for stills and movies.
Voice commands that works.
Better image and video quality (well 12MP vs the goPros 8 and 10 MPs are obvious)
Much better sound quality.
+++Filenames that are normal and sortable compared to GoPro that makes no sense when trying to load files into another video app than their own mediocre apps.

Addition as it took a long time for me to be allowed to post something in the forum….:
-When loading an avatar why not tell the max file size and dimensions instead of this guesswork??? 15 tries where I says ”crop the image” with no image shown?
-No computer app to make time-lapse videos from time-lapse stills? What do you people use for that?

There are more but it's 3.30 am so kind of braindead atm.

Cheers
CekariYH
2019-6-17
Use props
CekariYH
lvl.1
Sweden

Oops, forgot to say hi, and it won't let me edit my first post.

Hi all! :-)
2019-6-17
Use props
CekariYH
lvl.1
Sweden

Doh, what's and why a 2 minutes re-edit timer???

...and oh, forgot, would be nice when doing time-laps that one could set duration or stop-time, like 8 hours etc.
2019-6-17
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Pedro Castelani Posted at 5-15 09:55
Phantom 1 with Osmo Action! Best idea I've had so far

Can you post movies you've made with it?
2019-6-18
Use props
Pedro Castelani
lvl.4

Argentina

AntDX316 Posted at 6-18 20:30
Can you post movies you've made with it?

Yeah... I was just saying that that was the best contraption I could think of... Not that I actually made it
2019-6-19
Use props
djiuser_0NofDwlxYNye
New
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

I'm absolutely in love with my Osmo Action.  I used it this weekend and the picture quality was exceptional.  I actually preferred it to my main camera.  Please hurry up with the audion adapter, so I can start really utilizing it for more of my video needs.
2019-6-20
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

WOW!  Waterproof up to 60 meters?  Even the GoPro only goes up to about 12 meters in depth.  I think you just sold me on my next dive camera.  Yes, yes, yes, I was, WAS using a GoPro prior to seeing the specs in this camera, hahahaha, thank you for sharing.
2019-6-20
Use props
shahram44
New
Flight distance : 12526 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

My osmo action turned off after one week of use and not working again. I didn’t expect from dji product.
2019-6-26
Use props
Kevi32
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10781 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

I just received my Osmo Action and I am pretty impressed with it.  I have not had any issues so far, this includes updating it through the application.  Can't wait to start using it!!!
2019-6-27
Use props
Dan Hairy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32887 ft
Norway

Replies reward +4 Points

Just received mine also, really enjoying getting to know it and working with it.
2019-6-30
Use props
keith
New

United Kingdom

Replies reward +4 Points

DJI MIMO app is not compatible with my iphone 5, yet the DJI Go app is!! What is happening DJI?
2019-7-8
Use props
keith
New

United Kingdom

GoldenSun Posted at 5-15 08:13
Seems like a worthy competitor for the GoPro.

It is GoldenSun, however, the GoPro is so much easier to set up as it also uses desktop apps unlike this Action - I'm disappointed
2019-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

keith@stoddartm Posted at 7-8 02:11
DJI MIMO app is not compatible with my iphone 5, yet the DJI Go app is!! What is happening DJI?

Hi keith, DJI Mimo is a new-released APP and it requires higher performance of the mobile device. Please check the compatible list for a better experience, thank you. GTScreenshot_20190709_120012.png
2019-7-8
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

keith@stoddartm Posted at 7-8 02:12
It is GoldenSun, however, the GoPro is so much easier to set up as it also uses desktop apps unlike this Action - I'm disappointed

Well I think it depends what you're used to really.
2019-7-9
Use props
Hako
lvl.1

France

Replies reward +4 Points

Is they any way to set a picture style (color) to CinelikeD in Time lapse video mode in action camera?

2019-8-19
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Replies reward +4 Points

Hako Posted at 8-19 13:52
Is they any way to set a picture style (color) to CinelikeD in Time lapse video mode in action camera?

Sorry büst right now there is no styles to choose.
2019-8-20
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

Hako Posted at 8-19 13:52

Sorry but right now there is no styles to choose.
2019-8-20
Use props
Hako
lvl.1

France

way wrong Posted at 8-20 11:02
Sorry but right now there is no styles to choose.

Thank you for your quick reply, please in future add the function to choose a D CineLike for timelapse also, because the normal color style is way very harsh
2019-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules