Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action - Unleash Your Other Side
1234Next >
11170 153 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 5388 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 6 Points! Each person is 2 times
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Whether you want to record your world from behind the lens or be the star of the show, Osmo Action’s dual screens and RockSteady stabilization let you capture it all.

May 15, 2019 – DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, building on its heritage of advanced image stabilization, takes a bold new direction with the Osmo Action camera. Utilizing DJI’s unparalleled experience with capturing smooth and stable videos in the most demanding environments, Osmo Action is as rugged as it is sophisticated, opening worlds of creative potential for professionals and adventure seekers alike.

“DJI has always pushed the limits of technology, and the content creators who love our products made clear they wanted us to push the limits of their creative potential too. Osmo Action is our cutting-edge answer to what the creative community demands. Exceptional image quality and stabilization in a unique and durable new form factor, with dual color screens and seamless software integration. For all types of creators who push their gear to the limits, Osmo Action sets the new standard,” said Roger Luo, DJI President. “Whether you are capturing aerial content with Mavic 2, incredibly smooth content with Osmo Pocket, or heart-racing footage with Osmo Action, DJI offers a full suite of products for your creative needs.”

1 copy.jpg 2 copy.jpg 3 copy.jpg 4 copy.jpg 5 copy.jpg 6 copy.jpg 7 copy.jpg 8 copy.jpg 9 copy.jpg 10 copy.jpg 11 copy.jpg 12 copy.jpg 13 copy.jpg 14 copy.jpg 15 copy.jpg 16 copy.jpg 17 copy.jpg 18 copy.jpg 19 copy.jpg 20 copy.jpg 21 copy.jpg

Osmo Action retails for $349 USD and will start shipping immediately after the announcement on May 15 at store.dji.com and from authorized dealers on May 22. For more information on all the new features and capabilities of Osmo Action, please visit Here.

DJI Care Refresh is now available for Osmo Action. For an additional $29 USD, DJI Care Refresh offers comprehensive coverage as well as up to two replacement units within one year. Receive your replacement even sooner with DJI Care Refresh Express. DJI Care Refresh also includes VIP after-sales support and free two-way shipping. For a full list of details, please visit Here.
Osmo Action has been tested to withstand drops from up to 5 feet (1.5 meters).
Osmo Action is capable of operating at a depth of 36 feet (11 meters) without additional waterproof housing.
Osmo Action has been tested to withstand temperatures of 14° Fahrenheit.

2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

# DJI – Introducing Osmo Action Video
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=189179

# DJI Osmo Action Released | Unleash Your Other Side
https://forum.dji.com/thread-189171-1-1.html

# Osmo Action - Available at DJI Official Flagship Stores
https://forum.dji.com/thread-189183-1-1.html

# DJI OSMO ACTION IN-DEPTH REVIEW and HOW TO use it in 5 simple TIPS
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=189180

# [4K] DJI OSMO ACTION - Unleash your other side... ON A RACE TRACK!
https://forum.dji.com/thread-189176-1-1.html
2019-5-15
Use props
Alex Assenmacher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Lovely! I made a travel video with it hope you like it!
2019-5-15
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looks great! https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... gopro-hero7-silver/
2019-5-15
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Looks very cool!
2019-5-15
Use props
AWACS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16798 ft
Hong Kong

how amazing i just want to get one
2019-5-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

So far it's looking nice.  I'll see how well the performance is over time.  I am still enjoying my GoPro 6 for now.
2019-5-15
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Nice, but won't replace my GoPros any time soon...
2019-5-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Come to think of it, do you apply DJI care to this?  I currently use GoPro Plus, which is $5 a month, which includes a pretty good replacement plan, along with media and storage features.  Will DJI match this?
2019-5-15
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

^^ yeah I agree. Won't be purchasing as I have a rock solid GoPro 7. I thought by now DJI would've launched P5?
2019-5-15
Use props
ParideM
First Officer
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm seriously thinking to buy it.....because frontal screen also
2019-5-15
Use props
Neilmacc
lvl.4
France

i am annoyed that this has 4k 60fps but the Mavic 2 Does not.

2019-5-15
Use props
JAMedia
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Neo Supreme Posted at 5-15 05:48
So far it's looking nice.  I'll see how well the performance is over time.  I am still enjoying my GoPro 6 for now.

Have to agree..  I got a GoPro Hero 2018  a while ago and did the firmware upgrade to Hero5 Black.  However if I was looking for a camera now the Osmo looks on a par with the GoPro Hero 7 Black  +/- some features.   Difficult choice.

Add in to the OSMO the GPS and live streaming and the OSMO appears to be a no brainer.  Depends if those features can be added with a FW upgrade (ie the HW is already in them)  and the feedback from users on the OSMO.   I like the look of the battery system and charger.    Aledgedly the batteries last about 20 mins longer tha the GoPro. H7B
Definatley on a par with the Gopro but not quite (yet) a gopro killer IMHO

2019-5-15
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm disappointed that they didn't combine an action camera with a gimbal camera - another company is planning to release such a thing, which would clearly be different altogether from the GoPro range, and would have played to DJI's strengths in that technology.  I guess it comes down to use cases, and personal preferences.  In the Hamburg video above, I was troubled by blown highlights in many shots - and I kept wanting them to straighten the horizon!  But I guess I'm behind the times.  Lack of obvious lens distortion is good, and of course the front facing screen is a clear plus for this selfie / blogger world.
2019-5-15
Use props
nilsonleow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136680 ft
Ukraine

Oh... and what about external microphone?
2019-5-15
Use props
EMBE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The rocksteady footage I've seen in several youtube-videos is ... yes ... rocksteady! Amazing  camera - ordered it right away
2019-5-15
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Is the mount GoPro compatible?
2019-5-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like a very nice product!
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Whether you want to record your world from behind the lens or be the star of the show, Osmo Action’s dual screens and RockSteady stabilization let you capture it all.

DJI – Introducing Osmo Action:

DJI - Osmo Action - Unleash Your Other Side:

[url=]
[/url]

DJI - Osmo Action Unleashed:

2019-5-15
Use props
droneflyer101
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Loving the new product -
2019-5-15
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Replies reward +6 Points

So we should soon be seeing endless YouTube videos posing the question “GoPro7 or Osmo Action, which is best”. Still at least it’ll hopefully stop all those “GoPro7 or Osmo Pocket” pointless videos.
2019-5-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Replies reward +6 Points

Yeahhhh .... MY egg boiler is better than yours ...
2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Replies reward +6 Points

DJI Panda Posted at 5-15 05:28
# DJI – Introducing Osmo Action Video
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=189179

Got mine, saying shipped already excellent, can’t wait .
2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Replies reward +6 Points

GoldenSun Posted at 5-15 06:11
Is the mount GoPro compatible?

Yes .............
2019-5-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Ordered already
2019-5-15
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

I can wait until the local retailers have all the accessories for sale.
2019-5-15
Use props
ParideM
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Replies reward +6 Points

Love frontal screen, 4k 60fps RockStabilization without fisheye, Gopro mount compatible, SnapShot and fast on/out, the price. I don't like it haven't 2,7k 120fps recording but only 60fps like 4k, you have to go 1080 for a great slowmotion, it haven't a TimeWarm mode, I don't like also skin tone (gopro is better), but fortunately you can shoot in D-Cinelike and correct in post.
I don't know yet if I want it.

2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Replies reward +6 Points

Neo Supreme Posted at 5-15 05:53
Come to think of it, do you apply DJI care to this?  I currently use GoPro Plus, which is $5 a month, which includes a pretty good replacement plan, along with media and storage features.  Will DJI match this?

Hi Neo, Osmo Action supports DJI Care Refresh, it is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. More details, please kindly check here https://www.dji.com/au/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq.
Please feel free to let me know if you have further questions.
2019-5-15
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Replies reward +6 Points

Well played
2019-5-15
Use props
ParideM
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Replies reward +6 Points

nilsonleow Posted at 5-15 06:07

You can plug-in by type-C adaptor like osmo pocket
2019-5-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Essjay Posted at 5-15 07:03
So we should soon be seeing endless YouTube videos posing the question “GoPro7 or Osmo Action, which is best”. Still at least it’ll hopefully stop all those “GoPro7 or Osmo Pocket” pointless videos.

I went to YouTube first to see what they said about the two cameras. The action seems to be the best based ON THE STABILITY alone.

Problem number 1. I could buy the Action Camera, but no extra batteries or the charging kit. Why does DJI do this stuff.
2019-5-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Me too. Was anyone successful at buying an additional battery or charging kit.
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Replies reward +6 Points

nilsonleow Posted at 5-15 06:07

Hi there, an external microphone can be supported, use the USB-C to connect the external microphone.
2019-5-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 5-15 07:52
Hi there, an external microphone can be supported, use the USB-C to connect the external microphone.

Do you think the Osmo Pocket Audio Adapter that I hate so much will work, or will a 3rd party do the job in stereo.
2019-5-15
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

Replies reward +6 Points

What do you mean by that?
2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JAMedia Posted at 5-15 06:00
Have to agree..  I got a GoPro Hero 2018  a while ago and did the firmware upgrade to Hero5 Black.  However if I was looking for a camera now the Osmo looks on a par with the GoPro Hero 7 Black  +/- some features.   Difficult choice.

Add in to the OSMO the GPS and live streaming and the OSMO appears to be a no brainer.  Depends if those features can be added with a FW upgrade (ie the HW is already in them)  and the feedback from users on the OSMO.   I like the look of the battery system and charger.    Aledgedly the batteries last about 20 mins longer tha the GoPro. H7B

It always seems to feature in all dji products that they continually update them, the Osmo Pocket has had 6 updates in as many months and I expect the action will receive similar .
2019-5-15
Use props
1cmathis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1007 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

Does anyone know if there's a handlebar mount?
2019-5-15
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Replies reward +6 Points

Thank you for a feature-packed first-gen product! I'm really considering getting one.
2019-5-15
Use props
MRomine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Replies reward +6 Points

And I just ordered an Osmo Pocket.
2019-5-15
Use props
Michael Miami Sweden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Replies reward +6 Points

Hmm. I don't know. So far, I have bought more or less every product DJI has released. Love the products and have never had any problems. With the Osmo Pocket, I saw real innovation. With this one, it feels like a GoPro by another company. I have a few Gopros. Lately DJI has fallen behind releasing the accessories they promise. The Osmo Pocket is a great example.

And DJI have started to charge more and more for the add ons. GoPro has tons of third party products available. Im sure DJI Action will too in the future.

I can understand that DJI wants everyone to buy their new released products instead of using older models. But customers also like when older products get new firmware updates and possibilities even if new versions of the product has been released. This makes us feel comfortable buying into the DJI infrastructure. Same size batteries, chargers, cables, filters and so on. Don't make small useless changes only to get us to buy new peripherals. Create a solid infrastructure so we can expand into it as you develop new products.

We love your products, but help us feel comfortable when we invest in you. dont forget your old products because you released a new one.

But hey, we love innovation and new gadgets. So thank you for this new thing. I will wait for a while before buying into this product line to see how committed you guys are. So until then, Im sticking with the GoPro.
2019-5-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules