Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Osmo Action Firmware Released (05/15/2019)
123Next >
15951 91 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
Date: 2019.05.15
Firmware: v01.02.00.10
DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.1.0
DJI Mimo App Android: v1.1.0

What’s New?
Updated the EIS to RockSteady.
Added two second and five second timers to countdown in photo mode.
Optimized system sounds.
Increased Wi-Fi connection stability.
Improved Timelapse and HDR video quality.

Notes:
If the update fails, restart Osmo Action and DJI Mimo, and retry.

2019-5-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That was quick
2019-5-15
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

woahhhh theres a new update super fast.
2019-5-16
Use props
j_taylor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214354 ft
United Kingdom

Received my Action about an hour ago.  Tried to use it with the shipped firmware and had to pull the battery twice as it kept freezing.  

I knew there would be a firmware update so tried to connect it to my Mimo app.  

"Unable to join the network 'OsmoAction-DD...."

Tried about 20 times.  Uninstalled the app and reinstalled with no luck.  Reset the Action and no luck.

I switched from GoPro to avoid awful software issues like this and DJI seem no better.

Not happy.
2019-5-16
Use props
j_taylor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oh wow.  I just tired to use it and you cant even record a video or photo without activating it.  Each time i press the shutter button it just pops up the screen that shows a QR code to download the Mimo app.

So it is literally a brick.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.1.0 not yet available at Apple app store.
2019-5-16
Use props
j_taylor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Great.  So DJI didnt submit their app to Apple in time for their product release date.  Or Apple found an issue with it.  

So I have the camera here but cant use it due to DJI not sorting their app out in time.  
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

j_taylor Posted at 5-16 05:39
Great.  So DJI didnt submit their app to Apple in time for their product release date.  Or Apple found an issue with it.  

So I have the camera here but cant use it due to DJI not sorting their app out in time.

Hi Taylor, DJI Mimo App iOS v1.1.0 has been available in the APP Store, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused before, now please download the latest version and try again, thank you.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Available now
2019-5-16
Use props
j_taylor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes i downloaded it this morning here in the UK.  

Good job i didnt need to use the camera for anything specific yesterday.  
2019-5-16
Use props
smoak888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 472493 ft
United States

tried everything. still fails to update. using samsung pro  128GB micro sd card U3. anyone have issues?
2019-5-20
Use props
fans8dfcc0cd
New
Flight distance : 149997 ft
United States

Same here, app will go as far as show the pin and being able to accept it on the action then it says device connect failed. This was on Android pixel 3. When I tried with the iPhone x it connected no problem...seems like an Android app issue.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

j_taylor Posted at 5-16 23:57
Yes i downloaded it this morning here in the UK.  

Good job i didnt need to use the camera for anything specific yesterday.

Taylor, may I verify if everything goes well now?
2019-5-20
Use props
Jay Lopez
New

Puerto Rico

Received my camera today. After having some difficulties with the Mimo App I was able to pair and activate the camera.

Have try to update to the new firmware like 20 times and no success. Have restarted both the camera and phone (Samsung S9 Plus) and always fail. The camera gets really hot during the failed update.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jay Lopez Posted at 5-20 20:08
Received my camera today. After having some difficulties with the Mimo App I was able to pair and activate the camera.

Have try to update to the new firmware like 20 times and no success. Have restarted both the camera and phone (Samsung S9 Plus) and always fail. The camera gets really hot during the failed update.

Hi Jay, sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, did you try with the SD card?
Download the firmware from our website to the root of the SD card, then insert to Osmo Action and power on the device to update.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

smoak888 Posted at 5-20 07:34
tried everything. still fails to update. using samsung pro  128GB micro sd card U3. anyone have issues?

Hi smoak888,  sorry for the troubles on updating the firmware, did you try with the SD card?
Download the firmware from our website to the root of the SD card, then insert to Osmo Action and power on the device to update.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8dfcc0cd Posted at 5-20 14:22
Same here, app will go as far as show the pin and being able to accept it on the action then it says device connect failed. This was on Android pixel 3. When I tried with the iPhone x it connected no problem...seems like an Android app issue.

Hi there, for some Android system, the wifi may switch automatically to other wifi when it is detected no network connected, please turn off this function in your WLAN settings to see if it helps.
2019-5-20
Use props
Hsilva Silva
New

Switzerland

The same problème . Dont work on Android Sistem. Fix please
2019-5-21
Use props
Stylechaos
New
Germany

Wow Nice.No connection Between phone and Device.Great Software and Product.I have buy a Spark a Mavic Pro 2 and Now that fuckin Osmo Action and i never will buy a DJI Product again!!!
And thanks for saying try with SD card but don't insert a Link
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Ko4GsfK7qKSe
New
Germany

Sorry, i have the same issue with my new shipped osmo action. After connection and activating with the app, the new firmware was announced ... after downloading and try to install the connection was lost ... and after that i can't reconnect und still firmware version 1.01 is installed.
I tried to reset the connection setting and disabled auto connect wifi on my android device ... nothing seems to fix it ... still no connection possible

So i can't find a osmo action firmware file for download on the support pages (for try to update with the sd card) ... please can anybody post a link
2019-5-21
Use props
Hsilva Silva
New

Switzerland

I can enter the code that appears on the screen, the camera search will show a message telling you to turn on the camera or to bring the camera closer.
lready tried on another Android device and does the same thing ...
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_Ko4GsfK7qKSe
New
Germany

djiuser_Ko4GsfK7qKSe Posted at 5-21 11:16
Sorry, i have the same issue with my new shipped osmo action. After connection and activating with the app, the new firmware was announced ... after downloading and try to install the connection was lost ... and after that i can't reconnect und still firmware version 1.01 is installed.
I tried to reset the connection setting and disabled auto connect wifi on my android device ... nothing seems to fix it ... still no connection possible

ok, now i've found the firmware file .. on the german dji site, there's now file listed .. just switched to australia ... an downloaded it from "down under"  ... now i've upgraded the firmware manually .. but still no connection via app possible
2019-5-21
Use props
MarcoFan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361572 ft
  • >>>
Italy

same problem with mine, Android with Xiaomi MI Mix 2S, impossible update firmware from DJI Mimo and connection is unstable, only two seconds
2019-5-21
Use props
MarcoFan
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

where is the link for download the firmware?
edit, found ;) https://www.dji.com/it/osmo-action/info#downloads
2019-5-21
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone else actually prefer "Electronic Image Stabilizer" to "RockSteady"  

And like so many others, I too can't update the firmware on Android as I get continual 'connection failed' despite it connecting fine to handle the activation.  So it's not a wifi issue; it's a software issue...   Why does this happen with so many new DJI products?  Really frustrating and disappointing.  

Ian
2019-5-21
Use props
Hsilva Silva
New

Switzerland

To osmo action
Hello. I have everything installed with the latest versions, both the camera and the application.  at the time of connecting the camera to the mobile phone the camera is detected but an error msg "check if the camera is connected or close to you"
Can someone tell me what to do?  because the camera works perfectly except the function of connecting to my Android smartphone with version 8.0.
Thanks
2019-5-21
Use props
MarcoFan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 5-21 12:50
Anyone else actually prefer "Electronic Image Stabilizer" to "RockSteady"  

And like so many others, I too can't update the firmware on Android as I get continual 'connection failed' despite it connecting fine to handle the activation.  So it's not a wifi issue; it's a software issue...   Why does this happen with so many new DJI products?  Really frustrating and disappointing.  

yes confirm, connection unstable also after upgrade firmware
2019-5-21
Use props
fanse2495f85
lvl.1

Finland

don't If this helps you but it helped me: switch the wifi settings from auto to 2.4GHz from the camera settings. Now it connects fine everytime from app and firmware update was successful too.
2019-5-22
Use props
MarcoFan
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

no, i found another trick (for me) before* connect Cam and Smartphone from wifi setting and later start DJI Mimo and connect cam inside the app
2019-5-22
Use props
Johji Love
New
United States

MarcoFan Posted at 5-22 12:06
no, i found another trick (for me) before* connect Cam and Smartphone from wifi setting and later start DJI Mimo and connect cam inside the app

It worked for a second, and then it doesn't work anymore...
2019-5-22
Use props
Johji Love
New
United States

MarcoFan Posted at 5-22 12:06

It worked for a second, and then it doesn't work anymore...
2019-5-22
Use props
Johji Love
New
United States

Hi, I just got my action today and am having the same issues trying to connect to DJI Mimo. I have updated the firmware through the SD card and am still having issues. What is the problem, DJI?
2019-5-22
Use props
ericknc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181634 ft
Brazil

Hi. I have the latest firmware on my osmo, but the hyperlapse function does not appear.
2019-5-22
Use props
j_taylor
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-20 20:07
Taylor, may I verify if everything goes well now?

Yeah its totally fine now the iOS app came out.  

The problem was the hardware got in users hands before the app that is required to use it did.
2019-5-23
Use props
fans21b2c499
New

United States

Now you need one that adds "hyperlapse or timewarp"
2019-5-23
Use props
fans21b2c499
New

United States

Now you need one that adds "hyperlapse or timewarp"
2019-5-23
Use props
daromer
New

Sweden

Such a bummer. Cant connect to it and cannot upgrade it. Why release the product if those things arent solved?  Oneplus 6 here and doesnt matter how many restarts you do. I managed to activate it after many tries but had to manually upgrade with sd card... Still cant connect though and not its not a wifi issue on my phone or so. Its the software.

Anyone want to buy an osmo action?
2019-5-23
Use props
Nodge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United Kingdom

I got the Osmo Action yesterday and managed to activate it via the Mimo app. Today I open Mimo and I'm told there is a firmware update available so I turn the camera on and try to update it but nothing happens. The camera isn't connecting to Mimo even though it paired and connected yesterday. I've tried everything - switching both camera and phone off and on and trying to connect via bluetooth. I've now unpaired the camera and tried to re-pair it and my phone tells me to make sure the key is displayed on the camera but it never is so I can't get a connection whatever I do. I'm also confused as to whether I'm connecting via bluetooth or wifi as others have spoken about wifi. I thought Mimo connected to the camera via bluetooth?

John
2019-5-23
Use props
MaikR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Activated..... damn on my work and no MicroSD card available..... so cannot update .... to be continued #excited
2019-5-23
Use props
fanse2495f85
lvl.1

Finland

Nodge Posted at 5-23 14:58
I got the Osmo Action yesterday and managed to activate it via the Mimo app. Today I open Mimo and I'm told there is a firmware update available so I turn the camera on and try to update it but nothing happens. The camera isn't connecting to Mimo even though it paired and connected yesterday. I've tried everything - switching both camera and phone off and on and trying to connect via bluetooth. I've now unpaired the camera and tried to re-pair it and my phone tells me to make sure the key is displayed on the camera but it never is so I can't get a connection whatever I do. I'm also confused as to whether I'm connecting via bluetooth or wifi as others have spoken about wifi. I thought Mimo connected to the camera via bluetooth?

John

Try this: switch from auto to 2.4GHz from the camera wifi settings and connect through mimo. Worked for me and connects everytime.
2019-5-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules