New Osmo Action Firmware Released (05/15/2019)
123Next >
16064 91 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nodge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3596 ft
United Kingdom

fanse2495f85 Posted at 5-23 23:01
Try this: switch from auto to 2.4GHz from the camera wifi settings and connect through mimo. Worked for me and connects everytime.

Hi, that worked thanks. Mine was set to 5.8GHz but when I changed it to 2.4 Mimo connected first time. I'll wait til I get my new sd card before I do the update. I'm still a bit confused though - where does bluetooth come in?

John
2019-5-24
Use props
fanse2495f85
lvl.2

Finland

Nodge Posted at 5-24 00:42
Hi, that worked thanks. Mine was set to 5.8GHz but when I changed it to 2.4 Mimo connected first time. I'll wait til I get my new sd card before I do the update. I'm still a bit confused though - where does bluetooth come in?

John

Osmo action connects only with wifi
2019-5-24
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fanse2495f85 Posted at 5-24 00:51
Osmo action connects only with wifi

Then why does it show up as an available bluetooth device when my phone searches for it? My phone actually managed to pair to it just the once. If Mimo doesn't use it then what is it used for?
2019-5-24
Use props
fans6fd703db
lvl.1
Singapore

HI guys, still having connectivity issues even after updating firmward via SD card. PLease advise.
2019-5-24
Use props
fanse2495f85
lvl.2

Finland

fans6fd703db Posted at 5-24 03:56
HI guys, still having connectivity issues even after updating firmward via SD card. PLease advise.

Even If you changed the wifi settings from camera?
2019-5-24
Use props
fans6fd703db
lvl.1
Singapore

fanse2495f85 Posted at 5-24 05:27
Even If you changed the wifi settings from camera?

Yup have tried resetting WiFi connections and forgetting the device on my phone.
2019-5-24
Use props
Nodge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans6fd703db Posted at 5-24 06:39
Yup have tried resetting WiFi connections and forgetting the device on my phone.

Did you change the wifi on the camera 2.4GHz? Worked for me.
2019-5-24
Use props
fans6fd703db
lvl.1
Singapore

Nodge Posted at 5-24 07:33
Did you change the wifi on the camera 2.4GHz? Worked for me.

Yes Ive tried 2.4 and 5.8 and auto. Nothing seems to be working. I did manage to register my camera on the first attempt but have been falling to connect on update and every other attempt even after manually updating.
2019-5-24
Use props
fans6fd703db
lvl.1
Singapore

Hi guys I believe I've finally found the fix for the WiFi connectivity issue after what seemed like an eternity of trying. So I believe some if not all phones when connected to a WiFi device without internet connection will automatically drop that connection to connect to a WiFi source that does (ie your home WiFi router) I realised that everytime I tried to connect to the osmo it drops out because of the no internet connection. So when the notification for the no internet connection popped up I clicked on the settings and it brought me to a page where it has a check box for "stay connected even without internet connection" and after tapping ok the mimo app immediately connected to the camera and everything was working fine. I hope this solves some of your problems. Cheers!
2019-5-24
Use props
Gerry P
New

United States

Does not connect. Have tried many times. I restart the process.  Erase the info. Cant connect even if the app shows the camera listed. Frustrated.
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fans6fd703db Posted at 5-24 10:17
Hi guys I believe I've finally found the fix for the WiFi connectivity issue after what seemed like an eternity of trying. So I believe some if not all phones when connected to a WiFi device without internet connection will automatically drop that connection to connect to a WiFi source that does (ie your home WiFi router) I realised that everytime I tried to connect to the osmo it drops out because of the no internet connection. So when the notification for the no internet connection popped up I clicked on the settings and it brought me to a page where it has a check box for "stay connected even without internet connection" and after tapping ok the mimo app immediately connected to the camera and everything was working fine. I hope this solves some of your problems. Cheers!

glad to see it is solved.
it is this case https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D557%26typeid%3D557

would plz let me know the brand/model of your phone so that we improve the chart table?
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi guys I believe I've finally found the fix for the WiFi connectivity issue after what seemed like an eternity of trying. So I believe some if not all phones when connected to a WiFi device without internet connection will automatically drop that connection to connect to a WiFi source that does (ie your home WiFi router) I realised that everytime I tried to connect to the osmo it drops out because of the no internet connection. So when the notification for the no internet connection popped up I clicked on the settings and it brought me to a page where it has a check box for "stay connected even without internet connection" and after tapping ok the mimo app immediately connected to the camera and everything was working fine. I hope this solves some of your problems. Cheers!

would plz let me know the brand/model of your phone so that we improve the chart table?
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

2019-5-24
Use props
fans6fd703db
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI-ytao Posted at 5-24 23:14
it is this case https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=189868&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D557%26typeid%3D557

Hi there. Am using a Google Pixel 3a
2019-5-25
Use props
djiuser_nWXIs8q3H7t2
lvl.1
Philippines

I opted to get this instead of gopro 7 because of good reviews. After an hour of getting it, activating and updated. I recorded a few times then it wont read the sdcard anymore. Tried changing the sdcards and even bought a new high speed one but no luck... also i cannot connect to ot wirelessly anymore..  o line customer service also sucks. After a lenghty exchange of info and photo, i was told that he cannot help me but to send an email and repeat what i have told him.. wth... i bougjt this so i could use this weekends activity and now.... .
2019-5-25
Use props
borisbushmin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8345617 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello! Does anyone have raw video files created by OSMO Action? I think this is the best way to evaluate a DJI product.
2019-5-25
Use props
fans1bfbc304
New

Sweden

fanse2495f85 Posted at 5-22 09:42
don't If this helps you but it helped me: switch the wifi settings from auto to 2.4GHz from the camera settings. Now it connects fine everytime from app and firmware update was successful too.

Yea, that helpt me as well! Thanks alot for your tips!
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_nWXIs8q3H7t2
lvl.1
Philippines

Please help! what will I do with my osmo action. After the activation and update I cannot use it. I lost connectivity, wireless details is blank and reset fails. It hangs when I try to record pic or video
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_cX1TnNEdwbmc
New

Japan

j_taylor Posted at 5-16 02:40
Received my Action about an hour ago.  Tried to use it with the shipped firmware and had to pull the battery twice as it kept freezing.  

I knew there would be a firmware update so tried to connect it to my Mimo app.  

Your situation is same as mine. I asked to customer support for help, but he pointed my mobile problem out. My mobile is moto X4, it is not so old one...terrible.
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_bmfTgE8EQekc
New

India

djiuser_Ko4GsfK7qKSe Posted at 5-21 11:48
ok, now i've found the firmware file .. on the german dji site, there's now file listed .. just switched to australia ... an downloaded it from "down under"  ... now i've upgraded the firmware manually .. but still no connection via app possible

Can you please post the link to firmware? If you still have file somehow can you host it on website somewhere like google drive or any file hosting website?
2019-5-27
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The mimo app work more better with iOS that Android
2019-5-27
Use props
Mireczech85
New

Czechia

Hello,
Can We expected different level of stabilization to provide wide angle video? And what about H.265 support? Actually, GoPro is better for riding Enduro MTB definitely. Unfortunately I have already sold my Hero6 Black looking forward to buy Osmo Action. And now I'm thinking about GoPro again.

Regards
2019-5-29
Use props
fanscbe0187a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 629449 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had the Same Problems using an Android phone. I changed the WiFi to 2,4 Ghz in the Cam and than it worked.

Does someone know when the next firmware with hyperlapse will be released? At the moment I Check the DJI homepage several times a day.
2019-5-29
Use props
Andy Mihail
lvl.2
Romania

When are we getting Hyperlapse?
2019-5-30
Use props
Rockero
New
Switzerland

smoak888 Posted at 5-20 07:34
tried everything. still fails to update. using samsung pro  128GB micro sd card U3. anyone have issues?

Had the same issue with the same MicroSD Card. Tryed another (Evo Plus) and it worked finally. Maybe this helps.

- Rockero
2019-5-30
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I'm angry! I had a hard time getting the camera turned on and now I can not update it!

Mimo does not detect the new version. It seems to be without internet even though I am at home with wifi and 4G.

I tried to download the firmware to by in SD but the link from the DJI website is wrong.
https://mydjiflight.dji.com/file ... V12010_20190516_ZIP[/url]
{"status":3,"msg":"can't find the resource because of timeout"}
2019-6-1
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 6-1 14:23
I'm angry! I had a hard time getting the camera turned on and now I can not update it!

Mimo does not detect the new version. It seems to be without internet even though I am at home with wifi and 4G.

Work today
2019-6-2
Use props
Kaliningrad
lvl.1

Russia

Now we can see what's inside...
2019-6-3
Use props
robbe121
lvl.1
Germany

Hi since the Update to V01.02.00.10 (eis to Rocksteady) i got extrem delay in the live view while recording ( up to over 1s) and the stabilization itself is, compared to before (it was almost "gimballike"), worse....
Is there a way to Downgrade?
Vince
2019-6-4
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Are you going to work on the osmo action too falsificator / Kaliningrad, just give me a shout then ( kamkar1 )
2019-6-4
Use props
Kaliningrad
lvl.1

Russia

peiter Posted at 6-4 11:00
Are you going to work on the osmo action too falsificator / Kaliningrad, just give me a shout then ( kamkar1 )

How small the world is...)
I wrote to the manufacturer, I look forward to hearing...
2019-6-4
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355482 ft
Argentina

robbe121 Posted at 6-4 00:26
Hi since the Update to V01.02.00.10 (eis to Rocksteady) i got extrem delay in the live view while recording ( up to over 1s) and the stabilization itself is, compared to before (it was almost "gimballike"), worse....
Is there a way to Downgrade?
Vince

Hi Robbe, I have exactly the same proble. The original firmware was working excelent with EIS and Rocksteady is like if it was disabled... I have the same footage mounted on my car in the same street and the result is terrible.
Where can we get the original firmware?
Regards.
2019-6-4
Use props
robbe121
lvl.1
Germany

I talked to the DJI support Team yesterday and the result is pretty disappointing... no official way to downgrade and it seemed they didnt cared much ._.
2019-6-5
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Argentina

robbe121 Posted at 6-5 00:41
I talked to the DJI support Team yesterday and the result is pretty disappointing... no official way to downgrade  and it seemed they didnt cared much ._.

I have sent a support email, but they still haven't replied...
I think that the problems is not completely related to firmware. I was reviewing some footage and I am able to track the moment of failure quite accurate.

I bought the cammera on saturday.
I have done some footage and tests during sunday and monday. Everything working great.
I have updated the firmware on monday night, everything looks ok.
I have recorded some footage tuesday mornig, everything ok.
I turn on the cammera tuesday night and the display was showing the picture different, with a bad stabilization...
I have the mount in the front of my car and I was able to repeat a recording in the same street that the footage from monday night. Compared the two recording, the difference is very notorious.
But the recording of tuesday morning are ok. So the firmware is not the problem... I am suspecting on something like a hardware sensor that may meassure the horizontal or something like that. The rotation of the cammera is detected fine.

I will try to upload that comparation to youtube to show you.

Thank you all for the support.
2019-6-5
Use props
robbe121
lvl.1
Germany

Borg Posted at 6-5 07:52
I have sent a support email, but they still haven't replied...
I think that the problems is not completely related to firmware. I was reviewing some footage and I am able to track the moment of failure quite accurate.

I got mine on monday and out of the box everything workes great! I got some footage with the working EIS stabilization as well as the screen delay (filmed with my Smartphone). I installed the Update monday evening and after the restart the Problems started immediately. In comparison it looks like two different cameras..... i badly hope its related to Software
2019-6-5
Use props
robbe121
lvl.1
Germany

Link to my youtube video:  https://youtu.be/syytahXbc14

2019-6-5
Use props
Alexander51
New
Russia

Today bought Osmo Action. Made a lot of videos but all of them with poor focus quality. No sharpness in the frame. I shot in 4K and 1080p. 30 and 60 frames. What am I doing wrong? The camera firmware is the last.
2019-6-5
Use props
Artiiz
New
South Africa

I am experiencing an issue with my brand new Osmo Action, on the latest firmware. There is an audio "knocking" issue that is terrible. Not sure if this is me or a fault in my product,, please advise what I should do. drive.google.com/file/d/1YhVrF_RY3bpamTAqRh5Zki8jsr4YfP8m/view?usp=sharing
2019-6-5
Use props
Borg
lvl.1
Argentina

robbe121 Posted at 6-5 09:57
I got mine on monday and out of the box everything workes great! I got some footage with the working EIS stabilization as well as the screen delay (filmed with my Smartphone). I installed the Update monday evening and after the restart the Problems started immediately. In comparison it looks like two different cameras..... i badly hope its related to Software

Hello Robbe

What do you think about this comparation? Is it simmilar to your problem?

https://youtu.be/vXj9aqsQ_2I

The EIS video is the one I shoot the first day with the stock firmware, the Rocksteady video is after upgrading the firmware.

Please, I would very apreciate your comments.

Regards.
2019-6-5
Use props
robbe121
lvl.1
Germany

Borg Posted at 6-5 17:57
Hello Robbe

What do you think about this comparation? Is it simmilar to your problem?

Hu Borg, yes it looks exactly like the problem i have ._.
2019-6-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules