Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it possible to add rock steady to the osmo pocket?
1458 12 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BBorez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

And if so can we have it please, it'd make it go from great to amazing.

2019-5-15
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

I don't think so based on the sensor that is being used as well as it would kill (reduce more so) the already narrow FOV (field of view) of the pocket
2019-5-15
Use props
BBorez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 5-15 07:29
I don't think so based on the sensor that is being used as well as it would kill (reduce more so) the already narrow FOV (field of view) of the pocket

Surely it would just crop it a little as per the Action, I could live with that.
2019-5-15
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

BBorez Posted at 5-15 07:44
Surely it would just crop it a little as per the Action, I could live with that.

On the action, the field of field of view is cropped by 18% with rocksteady on.  On the pocket, field of field is only 80 degrees so cropping 18% of that would give it 66.4 degrees which would be useless.  Plus the sensor and cpu would unlikely be able to handle that type of processing on the pocket.
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If this particular accessory is not available from our DJI store, however, it can be purchased by our dealers, therefore we couldn't guarantee what would be the outcome on using. However, we're hoping that you could get the best feedback that you may need. For further check about the accessories that can be used in our Osmo Pocket, please see the link below. Thank you for understanding.

https://store.dji.com/category/osmo-pocket-and-accessories
2019-5-15
Use props
BBorez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 5-15 08:09
On the action, the field of field of view is cropped by 18% with rocksteady on.  On the pocket, field of field is only 80 degrees so cropping 18% of that would give it 66.4 degrees which would be useless.  Plus the sensor and cpu would unlikely be able to handle that type of processing on the pocket.

The sensors are identical, both 1/2.3” CMOS.

Who knows, maybe it is possible, maybe not.

Something I'd like to see included in an Osmo pocket 2 though if it can't be done in this one.
2019-5-15
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Whilst I would love that feature ( well for the z-axis anyway ) I dont think there will be any chance at all it will be rolled out in firmware on the pocket, not just because of the facts mentioned previously - ie cpu and fov but more importantly from a marketing angle, DJI now want you to buy the 'action' .

I could see a z-axis EIS / supermegarocksteadysmoothysmooth feature appearing on OP2 though.
2019-5-15
Use props
BBorez
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 5-15 09:32
Whilst I would love that feature ( well for the z-axis anyway ) I dont think there will be any chance at all it will be rolled out in firmware on the pocket, not just because of the facts mentioned previously - ie cpu and fov but more importantly from a marketing angle, DJI now want you to buy the 'action' .

I could see a z-axis EIS / supermegarocksteadysmoothysmooth feature appearing on OP2 though.

Well according to the official DJI response above  "it can be purchased by our dealers,"

Lol!
2019-5-15
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BBorez Posted at 5-15 09:35
Well according to the official DJI response above  "it can be purchased by our dealers,"

Lol!

I know right ?  I  dont think someone was on their 'A' game there ....
2019-5-15
Use props
fans81c3dd56
lvl.1

United States

Why would you need that it has a gimbal already.
2019-5-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans81c3dd56 Posted at 5-15 12:52
Why would you need that it has a gimbal already.

That was what I was thinking. Isn't that the purpose of having a three axis gimbal? Keeping the lense Rocksteady.
I am looking forward to using them both.
2019-5-15
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

With the Osmo Mobiles, some phones with stabilization don't give good results. The gimbal and the stabilization seen to fight each other.
2019-5-15
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

The Osmo Pocket is equipped with a physical stabilizer, so the electronic stabilizer is superfluous! Osmo Action has no physical stabilizer, so it needs electronic. Both solve the same problem in a different way.
2019-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules