Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ronin s ir cable not operating any function
3167 11 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Austrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys

looking for some help using the RSS IR cable on Ronin S with a Sony A7sii. I've followed a few threads but nothing I've found will get it to work.

IR is turned on on the camera
Cable plugged in and gimbal powered up
Sony selected in app
transmitter pointed at reciever on grip
Latest firmware applied to ronin
stopped, started, connected and disconnected several times

Thanks in advance

2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi James, please check if you selected the correct camera model in the APP--Creare--Camera Control.
2019-5-15
Use props
jamesaustrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-15 23:18
Hi James, please check if you selected the correct camera model in the APP--Creare--Camera Control.

Hi Mindy, yes correct camera model has been selected and I still have no control from trigger (Sorry I've been away and only just seen this).
2019-5-31
Use props
jamesaustrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After moving the tip of the transmitter manually I have managed to trigger the record! But out of 50/60 hits on the trigger this only occurred once
2019-5-31
Use props
djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4
lvl.4
Latvia

How close transmitter is to the receiver on the camera? It will not work if it's too close, try to give it some distance.
2019-5-31
Use props
jamesaustrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_t6RTMAIzeCc4 Posted at 5-31 08:33
How close transmitter is to the receiver on the camera? It will not work if it's too close, try to give it some distance.

I've tried placing the transmitter in many locations and out of maybe 100 attempts I've triggered the shutter once!
2019-6-5
Use props
jamesaustrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Mindy, anymore advice on this or can I assume the cable does not control the shutter?
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jamesaustrums@gmail.com Posted at 6-5 12:31
Hi Mindy, anymore advice on this or can I assume the cable does not control the shutter?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I'd like to confirm it for you with our engineers, please wait a moment.
2019-6-6
Use props
jamesaustrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 02:22
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, I'd like to confirm it for you with our engineers, please wait a moment.

Thank you
2019-6-6
Use props
jamesaustrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-6 02:22

How far away are your engineers?
2019-6-7
Use props
jamesaustrums
lvl.1

United Kingdom

So I guess for anyone who comes across this thread, you may have already got the IR cable (bad luck), If you haven't already got it, be sure not to waste your money as it seems the product is a dud
2019-6-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jamesaustrums@gmail.com Posted at 6-10 11:53
So I guess for anyone who comes across this thread, you may have already got the IR cable (bad luck), If you haven't already got it, be sure not to waste your money as it seems the product is a dud

James, sorry for the late response because of the holiday, with the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, you can use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
May I verify the power on sequence? Please make sure to power on the gimbal first and then the camera. If the camera is not recognized, restart the camera or remove and reconnect the cable to the camera.
If the issue persists, it is recommended to send in the device for the evaluation.
2019-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules