Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Feature / Accessories
2099 22 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone tell me if there are any provisions for an external Microphone on the OSMO Action?
The manual refers to the fact that if the OSMO Action is put into an underwater housing it has a max depth of 60m.  Is anyone aware of an underwater housing for this OSMO Action?
Can I purchase additional batteries for the OSMO Action?
2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You can connect Osmo Action with a third-party microphone through the USB-C port. However, the accessory that would protect the Osmo Action cam underwater hasn't been released in our DJI online store. Regarding purchasing a spare of batteries, the Osmo Action cam has a removable battery, therefore, we could purchase multiple batteries in our store. Please check the link below for the available accessories that can be purchased in our store. Thank you for your support.

https://store.dji.com/category/osmo-action-and-accessories
2019-5-15
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-15 14:10
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You can connect Osmo Action with a third-party microphone through the USB-C port. However, the accessory that would protect the Osmo Action cam underwater hasn't been released in our DJI online store. Regarding purchasing a spare of batteries, the Osmo Action cam has a removable battery, therefore, we could purchase multiple batteries in our store. Please check the link below for the available accessories that can be purchased in our store. Thank you for your support.

Thank you DJI Tony.  Looking forward to seeing an underwater housing that will bring this deeper then 11M as well as a Red and Megenta filter for underwater photography.
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 5-16 02:56
Thank you DJI Tony.  Looking forward to seeing an underwater housing that will bring this deeper then 11M as well as a Red and Megenta filter for underwater photography.

You're most welcome! You could pay attention to our website for other accessories to be released. You may also subscribe to our website for you to be notified. Thank you for continued support.
2019-5-18
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You can connect Osmo Action with a third-party microphone through the USB-C port. However, the accessory that would protect the Osmo Action cam underwater hasn't been released in our DJI online store. Regarding purchasing a spare of batteries, the Osmo Action cam has a removable battery, therefore, we could purchase multiple batteries in our store. Please check the link below for the available accessories that can be purchased in our store. Thank you for your support.

DJI Tony,

Are you saying that you can directly connect a third party microphone through the USB-C port?  If so, where is the list of compatible microphones?

Bob
2019-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 5-18 18:52
DJI Tony,

Are you saying that you can directly connect a third party microphone through the USB-C port?  If so, where is the list of compatible microphones?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, we may need to confirm this query to our designated department if there will be a particular accessory that could possibly be compatible with third-party microphones in the future. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-5-21
Use props
FredAstra
First Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

All of the Osmo Action accessories in this link are 'out of stock'   ? ? ?

On the Plus side....I ordered my Osmo Action last Thursday and received it on Monday :-)   I Am going diving in Thailand 18th August  So please please DJI let me have an underwater housing before then... otherwise my diving videos will by from my GoPro.  I am happy to accept a beta test  housing (free or otherwise) in the meantime :-)      
2019-5-21
Use props
fansa9a8f3e1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You would think at least the batteries would be in stock by now.
2019-5-21
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Pretty much every Action review on YouTube says that none of the 3rd party USB-C microphones work with the Action, just like they didn’t work with the Osmo Pocket. To add insult to injury even the DJI mic adapter released for the Pocket at an eye-watering 35 dollars doesn’t work with the Action. So everybody is having to wait (again!) for DJI to launch their mic adapter.
2019-5-21
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AngularIan Posted at 5-21 15:14
Pretty much every Action review on YouTube says that none of the 3rd party USB-C microphones work with the Action, just like they didn’t work with the Osmo Pocket. To add insult to injury even the DJI mic adapter released for the Pocket at an eye-watering 35 dollars doesn’t work with the Action. So everybody is having to wait (again!) for DJI to launch their mic adapter.

Hopefully it will be sooner then later.  Otherwise I think DJI is going to lose a piece of the market with regards to the OSMO Action.  Instead of waiting people will look elsewhere.
2019-5-22
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FredAstra Posted at 5-21 13:42

On the Plus side....I ordered my Osmo Action last Thursday and received it on Monday :-)   I Am going diving in Thailand 18th August  So please please DJI let me have an underwater housing before then... otherwise my diving videos will by from my GoPro.  I am happy to accept a beta test  housing (free or otherwise) in the meantime :-)

Hopefully DJI or a 3rd party company will come through on an underwater housing before you trip.  I'm so interested in see your photos if they do.  Please share them here.
2019-5-22
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

On the Plus side....I ordered my Osmo Action last Thursday and received it on Monday :-)   I Am going diving in Thailand 18th August  So please please DJI let me have an underwater housing before then... otherwise my diving videos will by from my GoPro.  I am happy to accept a beta test  housing (free or otherwise) in the meantime :-)

Hopefully DJI or a 3rd party company will come through on an underwater housing before you trip.  I'm so interested in see your photos if they do.  Please share them here.
2019-5-22
Use props
peiter
First Officer
Denmark

#1 priorety

Freewell filters
Spare batteries and charger.
May need another memory card only have four U3 cards and 2 of them are usually in use in other cameras i test, think i will get a 128 GB one as the others i have are just 64GB

2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're sorry that this particular accessory is not yet available in our store as of the time being. You may provide your email into "IN STOCK REMINDER'' for you to be notified when the accessory is available in our store. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-23
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

While we wait for DJI to release an underwater housing to bring the OSMO Action deeper then 30 meters ikelite may also be coming out with a housing.
2019-6-1
Use props
CRAIGMART75
First Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also like to see a Underwater Housing much like my Hero 4 Black ..
2019-6-2
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 10:39
I would also like to see a Underwater Housing much like my Hero 4 Black ..

I keep on hearing that it is coming and to keep checking the accessory site of DJI.  Nothing yet.
2019-6-5
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I don't know if this is a spoof or not but here is the first peak I found for an for the OSMO Action.
2019-6-23
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 6-23 06:31
I don't know if this is a spoof or not but here is the first peak I found for an underwater housing for the OSMO Action.

Well, who knows with third party manufacturers.  But you can purchase TEN of them and let us know:

http://www.novel2005.com/sdp/603 ... ousing_osmo_ac.html
2019-6-23
Use props
peiter
First Officer
Denmark

60 M i think are beyond what you will see from any consumer waterproof housing, i think most are around 30 - 40 M for any brand camera.
Which are also fine i recon, i have never been deeper than 20 M when i used my diving gear, and now i only use the tank to refill my air gun, the rest are in long time storage,,,, probably till i am dead and gone.

Regarding red / magenta filters, well i have not seen anything of that, i assumed people just bump those colors in post production nowadays.

PS: offshore NJ ( New Jersey ) will soon see a nice little offshore wind mill park, build by my people ( i call Danes that when its the rare things i like ) should be biggest off shore park in the US when its done.
2019-6-23
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-23 06:44
Well, who knows with third party manufacturers.  But you can purchase TEN of them and let us know:

http://www.novel2005.com/sdp/603262/4/pd-3107398/20860038-2926118/45meter_dji_osmo_action_underwater_housing_osmo_ac.html

Wow!  Is this real?  It would be the first.  Has anyone on this forum purchased it and tried it out?  Oh wait I didn't look close enough.  The minimum order is 50 so that would be a pretty expensive underwater housing.
2019-6-26
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 6-26 00:38
Wow!  Is this real?  It would be the first.  Has anyone on this forum purchased it and tried it out?  Oh wait I didn't look close enough.  The minimum order is 50 so that would be a pretty expensive underwater housing.

Oh, I thought we only needed to order TEN.  I might have read wrong or they've updated their sales number!!!
2019-6-26
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 6-26 16:00
Oh, I thought we only needed to order TEN.  I might have read wrong or they've updated their sales number!!!

$500 for an underwater housing would be a little steep.  I guess I will have to wait on either DJI or ikelite.
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules