Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Batt Level ( 70% - 0% ) < 1min
1264 25 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TZero
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

With every new firmware DJI surprises me.
Using the last firmware I wanted to take a panoramic photo with my MA.
I had flown yesterday for a few minutes with this same battery.
My idea was to take flight to an altitude of 300ft without moving horizontally. (this was my luck)
Look what happened.

2019-5-15
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

how come the camera scene not changing, and how come the scenery is not vividly focused?
is this a mock up counterfeit video playback?
where is the autonomous casualty recovery no user actions necessary? where is screen warnings?
2019-5-15
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

cutis Posted at 5-15 13:15
how come the camera scene not changing, and how come the scenery is not vividly focused?
is this a mock up counterfeit video playback?
where is the autonomous casualty recovery no user actions necessary? where is screen warnings?

My friend.
Do you know the Flight Record that comes in DJI GO 4 ????
This video is his playback, not the drone or the remote (phone / ipad).
2019-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Obviously you need new Quad-pack Smart-battery.  Lasts nearly four times longer!  

Only one minor issue, drone can't take off with 4x weight.  
2019-5-15
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Yes tzero, i play back apk flight log and yes scenery changes, craft motions travels drawn route of flight, and the screen information of aircraft parameters properties in flight change too.

how come posters screen not reveal changes like my flight log record played back?
2019-5-15
Use props
EFRPIC
Captain

United States

Looks like a battery failure at first look. Do you have the log from the aircraft on your phone/tablet?
2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 5-15 13:28
My friend.
Do you know the Flight Record that comes in DJI GO 4 ????
This video is his playback, not the drone or the remote (phone / ipad).

I suppose usual questions, was it freshly charged battery, was Battery FW up to date, what was take off voltage what was landing voltage.

Many take off only ever checking percentages and these are not always correct and for batteries left for a period of time can drain very quickly, it’s a simple exercise but always check voltage of battery before take off, your app will always tell you lowest cell voltage at start of flight and throughout the flight, if using iOS you should be able to show this on telematry .

And all that aside could battery be faulty ?
2019-5-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

I had flown yesterday for a few minutes with this same battery.

If you still have flight log from that flight.  

Be worth seeing what it shows for battery voltage and battery % life remaining at end of flight.

2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

4.2/4.25 take off any cell showing deviation between 0.5 and 0.1 needs checking and really you shouldn’t take off. If this is ever the case just reduce battery to 30% and try fully charging it .
On landing for me anyways any battery cell at 3.70 craft should be landed, if your flying in sport mode this can show lower but will come back as soon as you slow down or change mode.

These are generally the values I use, I will also say I would never start any flight only on a fully charged battery and this would be not only my recommendation but that of many
2019-5-15
Use props
GhostWolf010
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Well, you are lucky for it not suddenly changing to a brick....
I noticed rapid change of battery voltage when i used a used battery, went from 50 to 20% in 1 second. Never had it happen with fully charged batteries. On longer flights I will always use a full battery now
2019-5-15
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

I thank and agree with everyone's opinion.
Unfortunately I am disorganized with my batteries (4 for MA and 3 for M2P) and I do not know which LOG refers to which battery (I usually use a little each of them on my flights).
Looking calmly it seemed to me that this battery was turned off pointing 69% on the previous flight (but I used a little all of them)
2019-5-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely looks like a battery fault to me
2019-5-15
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Because I consider the battery state a critical component, I added it to my phone display. My batteries are getting a bit old now and therefore more susceptible to premature failure. A sudden voltage deviation from what is expected might save me from disaster.
The reason a partially discharged battery can show a high capacity is because with no sustained load, the higher internal resistance and active chemicals can report a high voltage. A defective battery that has just been charged will also look healthy, briefly.
It is always good practice to take off and cycle through the sticks before flying off, in case there is a system fault, not necessarily the battery. I also rise up vertically to the highest anticipated altitude to review drone drift. If it drifts when it should hover on the spot, the wind is probably a lot faster up there. If the wind is a problem, I can bring it straight down without it becoming a flyaway.
2019-5-16
Use props
Ken Storm
First Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I always discharge partly and unused used batteries down to retention level (50 ish %) after each outing. Then the day before required or on the day charge to 100%.
No issues so far.
2019-5-16
Use props
Decebalus
Captain
Flight distance : 203806 ft
Romania

I think one of the battery cells died. Did you tried to recharge it, then start the drone with it and see the voltage of each cell ? I always have the voltage on the screen in djigo4 app ...
2019-5-16
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Did you see abnormal cell level in battery before take off? This worries me with my MA. Thank you very much for sharing
2019-5-16
Use props
cjr888
First Officer
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

seems like the battery voltage dropped drastically causing the percentage to drop too. this might be caused by one of three cells in the battery being weak and not able to withstand the load.
2019-5-16
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

Optimus_Prime Posted at 5-16 02:23
Did you see abnormal cell level in battery before take off? This worries me with my MA. Thank you very much for sharing

I'll respond frankly.
Every day that passes I see less. The letters and numbers ??? ...... no way....
With luck I can see where I'm flying.
I'm now using the iPad Mini 5 (improved slightly)

2019-5-16
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

We don't know many things.  We don't know how this was taken cared of.  It could have been dropped, wet, lightning hitting the lines when it was charging.  We don't know if the drone is 100% authentic.  We don't know if it's used and the previous owners ruined it.  We don't know if the batteries are fake, etc.

For me, if you use everything properly, you bought it from the manufacturer or Best Buy unopened, there is a very high chance that nothing would go wrong but defective components like RRDs of Xbox, flip of deaths from early DJI A2s, burned video cards from rushed Nvidia driver updates,.. if you are that unfortunate it's like winning big money in lotteries.  You can't just think it will happen to everyone but when it happens to you, you are fucked or the opposite if not you are pretty much like everyone else in a vehicle on the highway living life civilized, not like the people on the side of the road w/ first responders.  Don't bank on luck.. even bad luck.
2019-5-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

After you got drone landed.  Did you try powering drone off and back on, then looking at battery levels?

Followed by spin-up to see if battery went back down to 0%?
2019-5-16
Use props
RGMGFitness
Captain
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry your having issues.  I see a lot of comments back and forth but nothing about opening a case with DJI Support (unless I missed it).  Hopefully this was done in case others have reported issues as well with this firmware.  Initial thoughts are faulty battery (faulty cell).  I've been fortunate and havent' run into this issue, but I'm also running old firmware.  Please keep us posted on status if your able to get more information from DJI Support and your logs.  
2019-5-16
Use props
PS013
Captain
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Scary enough !! Out of curiosity, what was the outside temperature ?
2019-5-16
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-16 07:30
After you got drone landed.  Did you try powering drone off and back on, then looking at battery levels?

Followed by spin-up to see if battery went back down to 0%?

I did not.
I kept flying with the other batteries and then I loaded them all to charge at the same time.
But I noticed that this particular battery began from 0%
2019-5-16
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

PS013 Posted at 5-16 10:31
Scary enough !! Out of curiosity, what was the outside temperature ?

26 C = 79 F

I live in Rio de Janeiro/Brazil

2019-5-16
Use props
TZero
Second Officer
Brazil

[UPDATE]

I fully charged the "problematic" battery and put it back into the drone.
Voltage and temperature readings by DJI GO 4 were normal for all parameters.
I still hope to do another test in flight.

2019-5-17
Use props
nywrecker
First Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

You shouldn’t be surprised.
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules