Side wiggle
2146 5 2019-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joanagra
lvl.1
Spain

Hey Guys,
I'm new Here. Before posting I just want to say I've read a lot of threads talking about it and I tried almost all the ´solutions´. The things is I'm getting even I have well calibrated the Ronin S a lot of movement. Almost looks like Hand-handled shoot.

I'm using X-t3 with & without grip and tried with really short lenses. Updated to last firmware.

2019-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi joanagra, improperly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk. To check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced. Please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182599-1-1.html
2019-5-15
Use props
fans767caf35
lvl.1
Spain

Hi Mindy,
Thanks for the reply. In fact I tried already to set the charger under one leg and when I do the balance test It says x3 excelent.
I've followed many videos how to calibrate it and I'm used to work with big brother of ronin S.
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans767caf35 Posted at 5-16 01:21
Hi Mindy,
Thanks for the reply. In fact I tried already to set the charger under one leg and when I do the balance test It says x3 excelent.
I've followed many videos how to calibrate it and I'm used to work with big brother of ronin S.

Sorry for the late response, please reply to my posts directly so I can receive the notification and reply timely.
Any chance to share us a short sample video for further analysis?
2019-5-21
Use props
fans767caf35
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-21 02:03
Sorry for the late response, please reply to my posts directly so I can receive the notification and reply timely.
Any chance to share us a short sample video for further analysis?

Hi Mindy,
After A few test I think I've found a solution to this. At least for now I don't have this Wiggle movement. I did a quick fast test so I don't have the final conclusions.
Let me try to explain: I use a X-T3. The body itself it's quite small so all the weight it's focused on the "Y" axis. Imagine you pick your phone on a vertical mode and you set your finger under it. If you try to hold without touching it you'll have to force moving your finger a lot to trying to stabilize without falling it. On the other hand if you put your mobile same finger in horitzontal mode it will be easier to hold the phone without falling it. So having this concept, I bought some weight and put the camera on one side of the base plate and counterwieght on the other way and I fixed a lot this movement.
My next test is to adjust the level of force of the motors. I'll keep updated.
2019-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans767caf35 Posted at 6-11 02:59
Hi Mindy,
After A few test I think I've found a solution to this. At least for now I don't have this Wiggle movement. I did a quick fast test so I don't have the final conclusions.
Let me try to explain: I use a X-T3. The body itself it's quite small so all the weight it's focused on the "Y" axis. Imagine you pick your phone on a vertical mode and you set your finger under it. If you try to hold without touching it you'll have to force moving your finger a lot to trying to stabilize without falling it. On the other hand if you put your mobile same finger in horitzontal mode it will be easier to hold the phone without falling it. So having this concept, I bought some weight and put the camera on one side of the base plate and counterwieght on the other way and I fixed a lot this movement.

Glad to know the issue has been fixed, it is necessary to use optional counterweights if mounting a longer camera. Please keep us updated if you have further concern.
2019-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules