MX Grip and Thumb Remote Mount, Remote Start -Stop Nikon D850 opt...
908 1 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acuity9
lvl.1
United States

Hello everyone-

New MX owner here for my Nikon D850.  I bought the M/MX grip, and my Ready Rig is inbound.  I really like this setup, and am anticipating what it can do for me.  I found balancing my D850 with the Nikkor 14-24 mm f2.8 no problem at all.

I do have two questions- I see there is a knowledgable Admin here named Mindy and hope she could share info as well;

1.  I intend to use the MX primarily with the Grip attached to a Ready Rig,  I also bought the Wireless Thumb Conroller and like what it can do, but the way it mounts on the Grips vertical rod renders it unintuitive. I hoped DJI would have some alternative mount, but don't find one, and I sarched the internet, B&H etc for a different mount to no avail.  Anyone else using the Wireless Thumb Controller, and if so, how are you mounting it?  This issue would also apply to the DJI Remote Start/Stop I am interested in, if the following question can be answered.

2. Does the DJI Remote Start / Stop wrk for the Nikon D850?  I fear the answer.  I found an aternative specifically for aerial work (which is also what I want to do with the MX and on M600 Pro in the future)- the "Air Commander" at http://lab.airpixel.cz/   However, I would ope to use a DJI solution for the Grip.  Thoughts?

Thanks-

Acuity9
2019-5-16
Use props
Acuity9
lvl.1
United States

Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump, Bump,
2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now