Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware with Hyperlapse!! V01.07.00.20
12Next >
5825 47 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Yesterday announced Osmo Action and today new firmware for Osmo Pocket.
And bring suprising Hyperlapse support!!!

I am impressed DJI.

V01.07.00.20

(98.7MB)

1. Increased the focus speed and reduced focus pulsing.
2. Added Hyperlapse shooting mode.
    Note that currently Hyperlapse is only available when using Osmo Pocket.
    Hyperlapse will be available to use in DJI Mimo in a later version.
3. Added volume adjustment for external microphone.

I took some sample video of Hyperlapse.

New Hyperlapse menu is under Timelapse menu.
IMG_5310.JPG

IMG_5306.PNG
IMG_5309.PNG
IMG_5308.PNG

2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Ooops didn't see ManchesterOP already break the new in the forum.
2019-5-16
Use props
Pics2Flicks
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Anyone have any user instructions on this new feature? I can probably figure it out, but just wondering.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Pics2Flicks Posted at 5-16 06:42
Anyone have any user instructions on this new feature? I can probably figure it out, but just wondering.

Hyperlapse is making timelapse video while OP is moving ......
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Pics2Flicks Posted at 5-16 06:42
Anyone have any user instructions on this new feature? I can probably figure it out, but just wondering.

It is straight forward function.
It has various speed choice like x2 x5 x10 x15 x30.
It means how much speed up from the normal video and I find that over x10 has good hyperlapse look.

And you can also go pro mode for cinelike D.
Hyperlapse is set to 30fps so shutter speed starts from 1/30.
Unfortunately there is no save jpeg image option and video is 1080p.

In gimbal setting, you can choose all 3 mode but speed is grayed out for slow speed.
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Hyperlapse also works with object tracking as well!
Just tried it and works beautifully.
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Wow wow!
Hyperlapse with object tracking captures some amazing shots!
EEC6F3BD-F33D-4299-B734-E01651D47A0E.jpeg
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Tide Posted at 5-16 07:57
Hyperlapse also works with object tracking as well!
Just tried it and works beautifully.

Yes, that was fun !!
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 08:02
Yes, that was fun !!

Hi Oh-no,
How does external mic volume control works with hot swapping. Does it go back to internal mic and again changed to external mic without problem?
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Tide Posted at 5-16 08:18
Hi Oh-no,
How does external mic volume control works with hot swapping. Does it go back to internal mic and again changed to external mic without problem?

No problem at all.

I set to 8db with adapter, then remove it, the menu goes back to LOW of AUTO LOW MODERATE HIGH, I change it to HIGH before plug back in, when plug back in, it returns to 8db.

The 8db setting remains after switch off and on again.
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 08:22
No problem at all.

Hmmm
No bug or glitch. Unlike other dji update.
Very nice.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Tide Posted at 5-16 08:30
Hmmm
No bug or glitch. Unlike other dji update.
Very nice.

I think they are doing better and better.
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 08:31
I think they are doing better and better.

Yeah agreed. I just tested focus speed and it is noticeably faster than previous firmware.
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this new feature added to our Osmo Pocket with the new firmware released. For additional information, currently, Hyperlapse is only available when using Osmo Pocket. Hyperlapse will be available to use in DJI Mimo in a later version. Please feel free to use the new feature. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

DJI Tony Posted at 5-16 08:59
Hi, thanks for sharing this new feature added to our Osmo Pocket with the new firmware released. For additional information, currently, Hyperlapse is only available when using Osmo Pocket. Hyperlapse will be available to use in DJI Mimo in a later version. Please feel free to use the new feature. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony, you mean later than Mimo v1.1.0?
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

DJI Tony Posted at 5-16 08:59
Hi, thanks for sharing this new feature added to our Osmo Pocket with the new firmware released. For additional information, currently, Hyperlapse is only available when using Osmo Pocket. Hyperlapse will be available to use in DJI Mimo in a later version. Please feel free to use the new feature. Thank you for your support.

I wonder if save jpeg with hyperlapse will be available on new version of Mimo.
By the way, good update!
2019-5-16
Use props
fans4dad08ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70407 ft
Italy

Hi I installed the last filmware of Osmo Poket but I can't see Hypelapse function in the menu...
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

fans4dad08ed Posted at 5-16 10:41
Hi I installed the last filmware of Osmo Poket but I can't see Hypelapse function in the menu...

It is not on the mimo app.
You need to check pocket's menu under the timelapse.
2019-5-16
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Flight distance : 810 ft
Germany

What else does hyperlapse do apart from recording every "n"th frame? There must be a reason why it is only 1080p...
2019-5-16
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Keep swiping left
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Below Motionlapse
2019-5-16
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

CemAygun Posted at 5-16 20:17
What else does hyperlapse do apart from recording every "n"th frame? There must be a reason why it is only 1080p...

There is no added blur effect or anything.
Might have some added stabilazation but cannot really see from sample footage I took.
2019-5-16
Use props
The General
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13609 ft
Cambodia

I made two hyperlapses with the Osmo Pocket since this firmware upgrade. Here they are, but really, I have no experience at all with filming anything, so I have a long way to go before I should probably even be sharing these, lol.

Hey, I'm learning.
2019-5-17
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Turkey

Tide Posted at 5-16 22:43
There is no added blur effect or anything.
Might have some added stabilazation but cannot really see from sample footage I took.

Yeah I did not see any extra blurring or different cropping (indicative of EIS) either. Strange...
2019-5-17
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

It looks like a fast forward of a video.
2019-5-17
Use props
CemAygun
Captain
Turkey

Oh-no Posted at 5-17 01:21
It looks like a fast forward of a video.

That's why I cannot understand the reason behind it being 1080p only...
2019-5-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

It's simply changing the video frame rate when recording to, say, 6fps, and then writing a header on the video which causes it to replay at a fixed 30fps - which may cause problems on a 50fps timeline.  They should enable output framerate to be user-selectable, not fixed.  The gimbal may perhaps be working more slowly to help smooth things out as well.   But basically, it's just frame rate manipulation.
2019-5-17
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-17 01:41
It's simply changing the video frame rate when recording to, say, 6fps, and then writing a header on the video which causes it to replay at a fixed 30fps - which may cause problems on a 50fps timeline.  They should enable output framerate to be user-selectable, not fixed.  The gimbal may perhaps be working more slowly to help smooth things out as well.   But basically, it's just frame rate manipulation.

That is true then there should be no reason unable to capture hyperlapse in 4K.
It is just puzzling why.
2019-5-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

It could be that they wanted to keep it simple and only provide the basic option, no menu for resolution nor output framerate.  But if that's the case then they could add it later.  Might look later to see if there are further menu options in pro mode?

Edit - no, there's no setting I can find in pro mode.  Maybe it will come in the app when they update it.  Or not.

2019-5-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-5-17
Use props
CK LIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9787 ft
Singapore

Hi, i wish the hyperlapse function add a auto select the speed of x30 or x10 x5 after comparing the frame in between.

As it wiill be good when there is scene stay for long without much changes but shorter the length of the video while when the scene get more different then capture at faster speed.

Or else i cannot understand the difference between timelapse and hyperlapse of this.
2019-5-17
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

CK LIM Posted at 5-17 04:16
Hi, i wish the hyperlapse function add a auto select the speed of x30 or x10 x5 after comparing the frame in between.

As it wiill be good when there is scene stay for long without much changes but shorter the length of the video while when the scene get more different then capture at faster speed.

At least Hyperlapse allows you to move the gimbal while Timelpase require gimbal to stay in place.
2019-5-17
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Tide Posted at 5-17 06:28
At least Hyperlapse allows you to move the gimbal while Timelpase require gimbal to stay in place.

You still can keep the OP stay in place, I did a few seconds hyperlapse of my old mechanical watch (continuous moving second hand) and did count the number of frames.
2019-5-17
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

I added hyperlapse footage sample and you can check from 3:20
2019-5-17
Use props
Serb
lvl.1

Colombia

Tried to update to this, and it gets to 51% while updating, then resets, goes back to 0% and asks me to install firmware again.

I hit INSTALL FIRMWARE, it gets up to 51%, resets to 0%, and on and on we go in a loop until the battery on Osmo Pocket is drained to zero within 15 minutes of trying this on a fully charged unit.

Great.

So not only does the firmware update not work, but the current firmware that I have on it still doesn't address issues of fast battery drain while connected to an Android device.

Will you try and fix that first and foremost, as using this thing connected to a phone is pretty much not an option for anyone wanting to use it for more than 10-15 minutes at a time, as that's how much the Osmo battery will last while being drained by the phone.

This is just silly...

And here you are releasing another similar device (Osmo Pocket) that has WiFi and Bluetooth ability and no need for any cables, dongles or silly stuff like that... ugh. Worst. Purchase. Ever.
2019-5-17
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

Serb Posted at 5-17 07:53
Tried to update to this, and it gets to 51% while updating, then resets, goes back to 0% and asks me to install firmware again.

I hit INSTALL FIRMWARE, it gets up to 51%, resets to 0%, and on and on we go in a loop until the battery on Osmo Pocket is drained to zero within 15 minutes of trying this on a fully charged unit.

Osmo Action also need a mic dongle and mounting adapter as well.
I pretty much guess they will have firmware update problems too.
I tested Action in Dji store and its stabilization had some issue. I guess it was some firmware glitch of the particular one.
2019-5-17
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.4
India

Going to try it tomorrow
2019-5-17
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.4
Canada

The General Posted at 5-17 00:39
I made two hyperlapses with the Osmo Pocket since this firmware upgrade. Here they are, but really, I have no experience at all with filming anything, so I have a long way to go before I should probably even be sharing these, lol.

https://youtu.be/iMNn-yWjmic

How many X speed were the 2 hyperlapse.  It would be nice if someone could create all the various speeds of hyperlapse in comparison with the output
2019-5-17
Use props
The General
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13609 ft
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 5-17 15:08
How many X speed were the 2 hyperlapse.  It would be nice if someone could create all the various speeds of hyperlapse in comparison with the output

The one driving around was shot at 10X and the one with my father-in-law cutting open the durian fruit was 5X. I believe I forgot to take off the ND64 filter when we were by the lake eating durian, so the iso must have been pushed all the way up to compensate. Also, both set to 30 shutter speed, and I believe they always come out at 30 FPS. I tried a few on fully auto, but I thought they came out looking very choppy, but putting that shutter speed on 30 made it have more of a fast forward flow to it and not just a bunch of pics thrown together.

And I might go walking around the park today. If I do that, I'll try to make 2 different clips for comparisons, one at 5X and one at 10X. Only thing slower is 2X, which seems like it would only be good for something close-up that takes a bit too long to watch being done, like someone fixing your coffee. And the faster ones, like 30X would only be good for very long walks or movements with huge sceneries, but what do I know...
2019-5-17
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 5-17 15:08

x2 is just 200% speed of normal video and x30 is 3000% of normal video.
2019-5-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules