Where is your OSMO Action shipping from?
1314 29 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi.

Have just got my DHL tracking number for my Action order, it's shipping from Shenzhen, China.

This seems a bit of a journey considering I'm in the U.K. I'd have thought that at worst it would have been distributed and shipped from somewhere in mainland Europe. Hope this doesn't add too much time, the anticipation is doing my head in

Anyone else in the U.K. had theirs shipped from China. What about others on mainland Europe, are yours shipping from a European location or China? And you guys in the States?

Maybe there's some guy in China thinking, "that's strange, have just ordered an Osmo Action and it's being shipped from the U.K."

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Hi Dave, in general, DHL is fast .. the worst is, weekend is coming, I can feel your pain.
2019-5-16
Use props
Pyroschnüffler
Second Officer
Germany

I bye it DJI Europe, it comes from Shenzhen DHL
2019-5-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 08:38
Hi Dave, in general, DHL is fast .. the worst is, weekend is coming, I can feel your pain.

Hi.

You wouldn't believe how excited I am

There's no way I'll have it now until early next week but that's probably the same for everyone.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Pyroschnüffler Posted at 5-16 09:08
I bye it DJI Europe, it comes from Shenzhen DHL

Hi.

Thanks for that information. Looks like the whole of Europe is being distributed from China. I thought that Germany would have been the hub for Europe.

It'll be interesting to see if the States is being distributed from China.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

David_Harry Posted at 5-16 09:22
Hi.

You wouldn't believe how excited I am

I believe you, I encountered such excitement many times when ordered something and wait .... keeps me walking in circles ..... anyway, next week you can enjoy with your new toy :-)
2019-5-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered in the U.S. Yesterday. Got shipping notice from Fedex this morning shipping from Shenzhen and will arrive next Tuesday the 21st.
2019-5-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

David_Harry Posted at 5-16 09:26
Hi.

Thanks for that information. Looks like the whole of Europe is being distributed from China. I thought that Germany would have been the hub for Europe.

DJI is using the dealer profit margin towards the free shipping to end user. They will not ship to dealer using DHL/Fedex. Dealer stock is probably still in a container on a freighter somewhere between China and EU/US. I know that was not the case with the OP but they actually have the OP ready to ship before the MIMO App is ready so they had time to get stock to EU/US before product release.
2019-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Dave I was actually hoping mine would ship from U.K. as this is where my orignal Osmo shipped from, but it looks like it’s china, I expect it will take 4/5 working days so I’m presuming Tuesday, you will find that tracking will be very limited so your next track may well be arrived in East Midlands airport out for delivery, don’t panic as I have found that this service is pretty reliable and only a customs hold up would delay .
2019-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

We are most likely on the same flight.

2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 09:43
We are most likely on the same flight.

[view_image]

Coffee or Tea ?
I am waiting to read the review from both of you ~~~
2019-5-16
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is coming via FedEx to the USA from China
2019-5-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-16 09:32
Ordered in the U.S. Yesterday. Got shipping notice from Fedex this morning shipping from Shenzhen and will arrive next Tuesday the 21st.

Hi.

Thanks for that info. So it looks like it all ships from China. I would have thought that DJI would have had main distribution hubs in the EU and US.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 09:39
Hi Dave I was actually hoping mine would ship from U.K. as this is where my orignal Osmo shipped from, but it looks like it’s china, I expect it will take 4/5 working days so I’m presuming Tuesday, you will find that tracking will be very limited so your next track may well be arrived in East Midlands airport out for delivery, don’t panic as I have found that this service is pretty reliable and only a customs hold up would delay .

Hi.
Thanks for that information. So it's just a case of waiting then

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi.

I don't know about the States or the rest of Europe but here in the U.K. Jessops, which is a chain of camera shops, had the Action in stock for sale today.

Indeed, Jessops Liverpool has it in stock. It's a bit boring when you support a manufacturer by buying direct from them and increase their profit margin on a sale and then have to wait for the privilege of buying from them, then find out you could have bought it from a shop in your own city the next day. Very boring in fact

I hope those of us who bought direct are not at a disadvantage with regard warranty and/or returns.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

David_Harry Posted at 5-16 15:43
Hi.

I don't know about the States or the rest of Europe but here in the U.K. Jessops, which is a chain of camera shops, had the Action in stock for sale today.

I fully agree with you David, there was a time that direct purchasers to the dji site received their goods before they were available in store, considering dji takes an extra dividend from those who purchase from the website, then there should be something in it for the customer.

For me I don’t live near any store who stock dji products so I have no choice. So yes we will just have to hope it arrives on time or before .
2019-5-16
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 16:14
I fully agree with you David, there was a time that direct purchasers to the dji site received their goods before they were available in store, considering dji takes an extra dividend from those who purchase from the website, then there should be something in it for the customer.

For me I don’t live near any store who stock dji products so I have no choice. So yes we will just have to hope it arrives on time or before .

Hi.

Yes, it's very disappointing. In fact it looks like the world and his wife have all got stock in the U.K. I've now seen it available in a few places on the high street, including Currys.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-16
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My DHL tracking is out of China and will arrive next Wednesday, the 22nd. I’m in Canada, BTW.
2019-5-16
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I am based in the UK too, ordered on Wednesday and camera was shipped from China too on Wednesday evening (local time). I assume they didn't ship too much stock outside of China initially if they wanted their product to stay secret until its launch.
2019-5-16
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Same thing here... It's going to be long weekend.
2019-5-17
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

David_Harry Posted at 5-16 16:27
Hi.

Yes, it's very disappointing. In fact it looks like the world and his wife have all got stock in the U.K. I've now seen it available in a few places on the high street, including Currys.

Today I saw an OA at the shelf of a shop 1km from home ....... very seductive...
2019-5-17
Use props
tecnophone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86608 ft
Italy

Hi.

Ordered from Italy, my order it's stationary at 18 May
Screenshot_20190521-071455_Samsung Internet.jpg
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, usually, for the new-released products, it may be shipped from our warehouse in China, but it won't take too long to ship and deliver. If you have any problem with the shipment, please keep me updated with the order number or PM me, thanks.
2019-5-21
Use props
Sanmi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56768 ft
  • >>>
Spain

tecnophone Posted at 5-20 21:18
Hi.

Ordered from Italy, my order it's stationary at 18 May

Hi,

I ordered from Spain the same day and I'm in the same situation. Don't worry, that's normal, in 1-2 days it will be in delivery process.

Bye!!
2019-5-21
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Well, mine shipped from China, to Hong Kong to Memphis (pretty close to the US east coast) and then back to Seattle (near Vancouver, BC on the Pacific).  So it either bypassed the west coast as it flew overhead or it came via the east over Europe to Memphis.  I gather Fedex has it international arrival/terminal in Memphis.

Smart Controllers got held up in Memphis when it was first released due to customs issue.

2019-5-21
Use props
Janis Butz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12707 ft
Germany

I'm also waiting here in Germany. Dhl says it should have arrived today, but it still sits somewhere in china i guess
2019-5-22
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I got mine locally ( Denmark ) with 2 sellers having around 25 to sell each since Friday, where i got mine they had 25 when i ordered on Sunday and 6 when i got my camera yesterday.
I would not dare to order anything in this price range from far away.
2019-5-22
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mine was ordered last Wednesday and arrived on Monday in the UK, so that's about 3 business days between the time of order and delivery.
2019-5-22
Use props
Janis Butz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12707 ft
Germany

It's the fourth business day for me... And still it says departed in shenzhen since tuesday
2019-5-22
Use props
djiuser_RiZNj4BmHpQ6
New

United States

Reading this wondering what you have seen by the time they turn up?
I just ordered mine on friday night and I hope it turns up this coming week. I have a trip away 1 week today and hope to take it with me for that.

Realistic chance or not a hope?
2019-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules