Got my Osmo Action today
835 4 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Picked mine up from Jessops in Leicester...loving it so far...voice control is a bit hit & miss though
2019-5-16
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Are you someone who had used a GoPro before moving to the Osmo Action? Or is this your first action cam?  I'm just trying to get a sense on how good the mic is on the Osmo, because on the GoPro Hero 7 Black its meh at best...
2019-5-16
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have a GoPro Hero7 Black currently and have ordered an Osmo Action on Wednesday, but not received yet.

The GoPro Hero7 is going back, as it keeps crashing/freezing. Was already replaced once, but since it's firmware issues reported by many other users and not fixed by GoPro after many months, made no difference. GoPro will really need to work on the reliability of its products if it wants to stay in business, particularly when the competition is heating up.

When the camera works, I was very happy with the video quality and stabilisation. Main limitations were: poor battery life, small back screen, not that responsive.

From the reviews of the Osmo action camera I have read so far, I think the DJI camera may have slightly better stabilisation and also has other advantages (bigger and more responsive touch screen, front screen showing video, slightly better battery life)
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi CubbyJonson, thanks for your feedback, we have forwarded it our engineers and will keep testing and optimizing the voice control.
2019-5-17
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not really had much chance to use it yet but overall I think it's a great bit of kit..especially like the rear screen it's very clear & responsive.
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules