Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fat Controller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi from Northern Ireland.
Is there currently any way to add GPS location data from my phone to the jpegs taken with my Osmo Pocket? Because the OSMO Pocket doesn't have onboard GPS I assume this would have to be done using the MIMO App, possibly in a future firmware update. I'm able to do this for photos taken with my Panasonic Lumix camera using their Image App so I know it's possible. I'd like to be able to do it with my Osmo photos.
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Osmo Pocket will not record your location information using the GPS, which may exert influence upon personal privacy. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

DJI Tony Posted at 5-16 13:41
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Osmo Pocket will not record your location information using the GPS, which may exert influence upon personal privacy. We do appreciate your understanding.

Mimo iOS app ask for permission to access location and microphone.......
2019-5-16
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 21:25

Yes, the MIMO App has access to the information from the phone so it should be able add GPS to the photos coming from the Osmo Pocket.
2019-5-17
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-16 13:41

Thank you for your reply. I am aware that the Osmo Pocket does not record GPS data however the MIMO app does have access to that information. My phone already records the GPS data but it is very time-consuming and complicated to extract it manually and add it to each photo one at a time, though it should be an easy enough fix to implement in MIMO. My Mavic Pro records GPS automatically, I'd just like to be able to add it to my Osmo photos too.
2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 21:25

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries, we will forward your query to our designated department for further clarification about this notification.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fat Controller Posted at 5-17 08:20
Thank you for your reply. I am aware that the Osmo Pocket does not record GPS data however the MIMO app does have access to that information. My phone already records the GPS data but it is very time-consuming and complicated to extract it manually and add it to each photo one at a time, though it should be an easy enough fix to implement in MIMO. My Mavic Pro records GPS automatically, I'd just like to be able to add it to my Osmo photos too.

Hi, thanks for your reply. We've forwarded your concern to our designated department for further check. No worries, we will provide an update as soon as we receive the feedback. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-5-20
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-20 16:11
Hi, thanks for your reply. We've forwarded your concern to our designated department for further check. No worries, we will provide an update as soon as we receive the feedback. We do appreciate your understanding.

That is great, thank you very much for you help.
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fat Controller Posted at 5-21 06:33
That is great, thank you very much for you help.

You're most welcome. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive the clarification. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-21
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

I would love to have this feature as well. Both for the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action.
2019-5-21
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Some Govts may ban the import of OA & OP, if this GPS feature is added. Owing to secret ..... and any "thought reasons".
2019-5-21
Use props
zezrum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128054 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fat Controller Posted at 5-17 08:20
Thank you for your reply. I am aware that the Osmo Pocket does not record GPS data however the MIMO app does have access to that information. My phone already records the GPS data but it is very time-consuming and complicated to extract it manually and add it to each photo one at a time, though it should be an easy enough fix to implement in MIMO. My Mavic Pro records GPS automatically, I'd just like to be able to add it to my Osmo photos too.

Just bumping this thread and pointing out that the Osmo Pocket is infact recording GPS data to each photo in the metadata, BUT it is invalid data; it is recording all zeros!  This is worse than not recording any GPS data at all, since by virtue of the metadata having a value, other software assumes that there is a valid position identifier on the photo.

I agree with the request in this thread: please make it possible that if using the Mimo app that valid GPS data will be recorded since the mimo app already requires location data.  If not using the mimo app, the GPS metadata should NOT be encoded in the file.  Thanks.
2019-6-4
Use props
coxjon
New
Flight distance : 197697 ft
Australia

zezrum Posted at 6-4 06:43
Just bumping this thread and pointing out that the Osmo Pocket is infact recording GPS data to each photo in the metadata, BUT it is invalid data; it is recording all zeros!  This is worse than not recording any GPS data at all, since by virtue of the metadata having a value, other software assumes that there is a valid position identifier on the photo.

I agree with the request in this thread: please make it possible that if using the Mimo app that valid GPS data will be recorded since the mimo app already requires location data.  If not using the mimo app, the GPS metadata should NOT be encoded in the file.  Thanks.

I noticed that SOME of my photos had 0,0,0°.

I think it was the panoramas that I stitched in the app. When I import the photos directly from the camera there was no GPS data.
2019-8-24
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Take notes?
2019-8-24
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's always an option, however if the  technology was available I just think it would be more convenient to use it.
2019-8-25
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Fat Controller Posted at 8-25 01:45
That's always an option, however if the  technology was available I just think it would be more convenient to use it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of passive GPS. It's bad enough that my phone broadcasts my location. But, my cameras !?!
2019-8-25
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 8-25 01:50
Personally, I'm not a fan of passive GPS. It's bad enough that my phone broadcasts my location. But, my cameras !?!

The reason I like having GPS is so that when I post the photos up on my website visitors can click the map pin and see the location where the photo was taken. As you correctly say from my phone Google (and anyone else they care to share info with) already knows where I've been. I'm not too worried about someone viewing a photo's location as they are mostly landscapes.  It's also a  helpful reminder for me when I go back to photos  from years ago and I'm trying to remember 'where was that taken?'
2019-8-25
Use props
Uprise
lvl.1

Same issue here. Just bought the fresh new Osmo Mobile 3 and im forced to use the stock camera app since mimo is not writing gps location on my photos/videos
2019-9-16
Use props
Nico71
lvl.1

France

Hello,
Same issue on IOS (iPhone X) with Osmo Mobile 3, no GPS location.
No Problem with Android on my Note 10 +, the GPS location run
Why it's OK on Android and Not OK on iOs
Thanks
2019-10-19
Use props
GetBack2Basics
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 5-20 16:10
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries, we will forward your query to our designated department for further clarification about this notification.
Please post the reply here as well. I would like to use it to captute street imagery fot mapillary.
2019-10-30
Use props
GetBack2Basics
New

Australia

To add a GPS tag, can I connect an external gps via bluetooth and then have this feed the gps info to the camera so that the EXIF info is added to the image in the camera itself without having to use MIMO. This should be possible via a firmware upgrade.
2019-10-30
Use props
Mohinder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Ireland

I'm using Android App "Geotag Photos Pro 2" to adding GPS data to my photos from my Canon Camera. You need start this app before you start taking picrures and time should be the same in mobile and camera.

This is a copy of EXIF from picture taken by Osmo Pocket

Filename - DJI_0223.JPG
ImageDescription - DCIM\100MEDIA\DJI_0223.JPG
Make - DJI
Model - Osmo Pocket
Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - v01.17.3917
DateTime - 2019:12:06 11:34:05
YCbCrPositioning - Centered
ExifOffset - 842
XPComment - Type=N, Mode=P, DE=None
XPKeywords - v01.17.3917;0.0.1;v1.0.0
ExposureTime - 1/10 seconds
FNumber - 2.00
ExposureProgram - Normal program
ISOSpeedRatings - 200
ExifVersion - 0230
DateTimeOriginal - 2019:12:06 11:34:05
DateTimeDigitized - 2019:12:06 11:34:05
ComponentsConfiguration - CrCb
CompressedBitsPerPixel - 4.11 (bits/pixel)
ShutterSpeedValue - 1/10 seconds
ApertureValue - F 2.00
ExposureBiasValue - 0.00
MaxApertureValue - F 2.00
SubjectDistance - 0.00 m
MeteringMode - Center weighted average
LightSource - Daylight
Flash - No flash function
FocalLength - 4.60 mm
FlashPixVersion - 0010
ColorSpace - sRGB
ExifImageWidth - 4000
ExifImageHeight - 3000
InteroperabilityOffset - 10582
ExposureIndex - 0.00/0.00
FileSource - DSC - Digital still camera
SceneType - A directly photographed image
CustomRendered - Normal process
ExposureMode - Auto
White Balance - Auto
DigitalZoomRatio - 0.00/0.00 x
FocalLengthIn35mmFilm - 26 mm
SceneCaptureType - Standard
GainControl - None
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - Normal
Sharpness - Normal
SubjectDistanceRange - Unknown
Serial Number - 0W7CG830131035
GPS information: -
GPSVersionID - 2.3.0.0
GPSLatitudeRef - N
GPSLatitude - 52  40  11.5968 (52.669888)
GPSLongitudeRef - W
GPSLongitude - 8  38  50.485199 (8.647357)
GPSAltitudeRef - Sea level
GPSAltitude - 0 m
Maker Note (Vendor): -
Thumbnail: -
Compression - 6 (JPG)
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
JpegIFOffset - 10852
JpegIFByteCount - 10557

2019-11-30
Use props
fans8c59d2c3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11017 ft
Finland

HI. I have a bigger problem with my Pocket 2 concerning GPS. I imported the images I took with my Pocket 2 into Lightroom. I could see the GPS icon on the right side of the images. When I clicked on them to go Map Module, by my surprise I saw all the images were taken in the South Atlantic Ocean near Africa!!! Then I checked GPS coordinates. It was 00 for all of them. I had to change them manually which took a lot of time.
2021-2-17
Use props
djiuser_sdZXvMGZBEpK
New
Spain

Me he llevado una gran decepción al ver que mi Pocket 2, en los datos EXIF, no deja registradas las coordenadas del lugar donde se tomó la foto o video.
No me convence la trespuesta que he leído referente a la privacidad, la responsabilidad de infringir la privacidad ajena es de quien hace la foto o video no del fabricante del aparato (cámara, smartpnone, etc.) con el que se hace la imagen.
Para mí, que soy un viajero empedernido, me es vital poder mapear los lugares que he visitado sobre un mapa...
Ruego valoren de forma positiva la petición que estamos solicitando los usuarios de Osmo Pocket y Pocket 2 e implementen, en la próxima actualización del firmware, el posicionamiento geográfico.
Muchas gracias.
Manuelgl37
2021-2-19
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the OP it's nice to see there is still interest in this enquiry nearly 2 years from the original enquiry. Sadly we still don't seem to be any further forward as far as a fix goes.
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_KIsqpG5PB5Oh
New

United States

Curt1591 Posted at 2019-8-25 01:50

Just turn location tagging off in you settings. You can also just turn GPS off all together.
2021-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules