Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark controller not updating
1598 12 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qkjIFtKY3WbW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8711 ft
Canada

I can't update my Spark Remote.

Whenever I connect my app to the internet to download the firmware it says:
Update Failed. Restart the Equipment and try again later. Reason: Network Disconnected. Connect and download again.
I've tried this many times. I use the browser on my phone to check if the internet works and it does. Same error. My phone is an android Galaxy S5. It is using the 4.1.5 app.

I have also tried this on my android LG G6, using the latest DJI Go app from the playstore. It just gets stuck at Updating firmware 19% Progress 9%, beeping forever. I wish I can change the volume of the beep, it is hurting my ears.

I did update the Spark using DJI Assistant to the latest firmware. Why can't I update the remote through the assistant? It is much easier.

2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try a different network connection to see if the problem will still persist. Also, you may try a different mobile device that is listed on the recommended device on our website. You may refer to the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue for us to further help you. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2019-5-16
Use props
djiuser_qkjIFtKY3WbW
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 13:46
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try a different network connection to see if the problem will still persist. Also, you may try a different mobile device that is listed on the recommended device on our website. You may refer to the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue for us to further help you. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I tried another connection, using a mobile hotspot with a different IP address from my home network, and I still get the same error.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a recommended device, as shown in this post by DJI Elektra: https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/ ... u1jdbhrz8ukk8v5.jpg

When I was updating firmware through my LG G6 a second time, after the remote simply disconnected, the progress now says 30%. I let if beep for some time and it shut off the remote again.

I will wait to try to update it on another phone...
2019-5-16
Use props
djiuser_qkjIFtKY3WbW
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-16 13:46
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try a different network connection to see if the problem will still persist. Also, you may try a different mobile device that is listed on the recommended device on our website. You may refer to the link below. Please keep us posted on the latest updates on the said issue for us to further help you. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

I've tried this on another phone, a Samsung Galaxy S8.
Still the same issue: Updating Firmware at 19%, Progress at 9%.
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_qkjIFtKY3WbW Posted at 5-16 13:56
I tried another connection, using a mobile hotspot with a different IP address from my home network, and I still get the same error.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 is a recommended device, as shown in this post by DJI Elektra: https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201803/15/202043eu1jdbhrz8ukk8v5.jpg

Thank you for the additional information. You may refer to the list of the listed mobile device below if you are planning to use a different mobile device to update your DJI Spark RC. Please let us know if the problem still persists for us to help you further. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

2019-5-16
Use props
Trix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Exact same problem here stuck at 19% progress 9% then sometimes says 30%, I'm using a samsung S9, I've been at this over 2 hours and got nowhere.
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_f2UNuQ9dd3vb
New
Germany

I have exactly the same problems! I've tried several mobile devices (Samsung S6 and S8). The updating process starts and it gets stuck at 19% upload and 9%progress (just like you can see on thw picture). I've also tried different networks, wich all work fine, as I can write here for example...
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_f2UNuQ9dd3vb
New
Germany

What else may I try?
2019-5-17
Use props
Trix
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've now tried multiple phones and networks, I've tried around 20 different software versions and 5 hours of my life and got no where.

I've owned this drone for 2 years and my flight time is less than 2 hours, I've spent around 10 hours activating and updating the thing on separate occasions, I've been building and fixing PC's for over 20 years and been into gadgets for as long as I can remember and this drone is the absolute worst experience I've ever had by a long shot.
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_f2UNuQ9dd3vb
New
Germany

Has anyone tried a device with iOs?
2019-5-17
Use props
djiuser_YgU51wLh3Z4a
lvl.1
United States

I am also having this problem with my Spark.  I'm about to go on a trip and I can't update any of the firmware due to the same issue.
2019-5-18
Use props
djiuser_DHPgsR79sDcr
New
Mexico

Same problem here, I just bought new controller and same problem
Trying with s6 s7 s8 s9 s10
iPhone 6 7 8 x xs
Tablet Samsung and iPad
More than 15 access points

With spark on
With spark off

Plain mode
Wifi mode

Still same point
2019-5-19
Use props
djiuser_qkjIFtKY3WbW
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_DHPgsR79sDcr Posted at 5-19 19:19
Same problem here, I just bought new controller and same problem
Trying with s6 s7 s8 s9 s10
iPhone 6 7 8 x xs

I was hoping to try my case with an iOS device... It didn't work out for you?
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules