Terrible Image after Repair
630 13 2019-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobT75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello

New to the forum so please bear with me.  My Name is Rob I'm a very amatuer pilot based in the UK.  I bought a DJi Spark in 2017 and unfortunatley crashed it into a river later that year. Aircraft was returned to DJi under the Refresh Insurance Scheme and returned to me with no trouble at at all.  Due to work commitments I only flew the Drone for a few minutes in 2018 and noticed a problem with the video it shot.  I paid little attention to this until this last week when I tried to fly it again properly to film a piece of land for a friend.  I had no end of problems with it connecting correctly and losing images etc. The image is atrocious when I do get it to film and starting and stopping shooting is hit and miss also.

In short I beleive there is still and underlying fault from the crash...with my limited knowledge I thought it maybe something simple like a full sim but after wiping this and trying a flight the problems still persist.  Would welcome any advice or pointers to what might be the problem and how to go about speaking to DJI to rectify.  I love my little Spark but would like to upgrade in 2019 to a newer model with more range and capability.

Thanks in advance to any responses

Kind Regards
Rob

2019-5-17
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Rob,

Sorry you had such a terrible time with your Spark. Can you show us some footage or image showing the problem? Did you use the remote to fly?

I also had difficulties starting and stopping recording and switching photo/video mode when I got my Spark. It seems it had to do with my phone not being the most powerful thing in the world (Galaxy S4 mini VE) :-)
After switching to MOD 2.0 app, everything is fine for me.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-5-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Are your recordings via the Spark's inbuilt SD Card or via the remote android/ios application?  It makes a difference in results & our ability to assist you.
2019-5-17
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Are your recordings via the Spark's inbuilt SD Card or via the remote android/ios application?  It makes a difference in results & our ability to assist you.
2019-5-17
Use props
RobT75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello Wolferl and Sparkz71

I am flying the Spark via the  Dji controller this is cable linked to my iPhone XS MAX.  I'm running DJi Go4 app (up to date version) and assume recording to the Sim in the Aircraft (well I think I am as its been full once and I had to wipe it).

The footage was far better than it is now and I had suffered no connectivity issues whatsoever prior to the crash and mend.  I have made 3 short 5 second edits as Wolferl suggested but cannot seem to upload here.

Best
Rob
2019-5-17
Use props
RobT75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Links to clips here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efjc2uqs7phqeip/2018_07_04_19_25_05_1001_6467_5797886504.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83m3j0tvj063dzp/2019_01_29_09_43_12_10434_16667_5797855721.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/psk1nosofsp76rs/2019_05_05_10_49_45_1967_6434_5797883933.MOV?dl=0
2019-5-17
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Just to be clear - that video is from the SD card right and not from your phone, right?
2019-5-17
Use props
Mhinc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

RobT75 Posted at 5-17 14:49
Hello Wolferl and Sparkz71

I am flying the Spark via the  Dji controller this is cable linked to my iPhone XS MAX.  I'm running DJi Go4 app (up to date version) and assume recording to the Sim in the Aircraft (well I think I am as its been full once and I had to wipe it).

Try turning off CACHE Video and Images to your phone.  See if it makes a difference.
2019-5-17
Use props
RobT75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

MccloudSpark Posted at 5-17 15:56
Just to be clear - that video is from the SD card right and not from your phone, right?

MccloudSpark

Yes these are from the SD card.  

My concern is that the Drone has not been fixed after the crash...it was a fully submerged in a river for 10 minutes before I could retrieve it...when it was returned by DJi the battery that was on it was returned yet completely trashed.   

Thanks
Rob

2019-5-18
Use props
RobT75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just checked my previous paperwork / case from DJi

I apllied for a replacement item under the DJi Refresh Scheme and was charged for this...I was obviously returned my drone not a replacement so now alarm bells are ringing louder for this issue rather than the crap image I'm getting...is there a way to talk to DJI Admin via the Forum?

2019-5-18
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

RobT75 Posted at 5-18 03:46
MccloudSpark

Yes these are from the SD card.  

Can you please upload the original video file from Sparks SD card?  The files uploaded to dropbox above are 1280 x 720, not the original 1920 x 1080 that Sparks records to the SD Card.  
720 may be from the phone video cache unless you resized during editing?
2019-5-19
Use props
RobT75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sparkz71 Posted at 5-19 19:48
Can you please upload the original video file from Sparks SD card?  The files uploaded to dropbox above are 1280 x 720, not the original 1920 x 1080 that Sparks records to the SD Card.  
720 may be from the phone video cache unless you resized during editing?

Thanks for your help Sparkz71 - I cannot do this as I am curently working offshore in the North Sea. As per my previous reply the issues I have are more than just the image.  I will be contacting DJi directly - the drone is not working correctly....its conncetivity problems are more a concern that it will drop out the sky sooner or later.

I also have issue with the refresh scheme...the drone was not replaced as per the conditions of the scheme but simply repaired and not correctly at that.
Thanks for all your responses.

RobT

2019-5-21
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

RobT75 Posted at 5-21 00:21
Thanks for your help Sparkz71 - I cannot do this as I am curently working offshore in the North Sea. As per my previous reply the issues I have are more than just the image.  I will be contacting DJi directly - the drone is not working correctly....its conncetivity problems are more a concern that it will drop out the sky sooner or later.

I also have issue with the refresh scheme...the drone was not replaced as per the conditions of the scheme but simply repaired and not correctly at that.

If you are using Android, try V 4.2.6 of DJI Go4 if you have connection problems. Search google for APK for older versions.  As a base line, V 4.3.x caused me problems (Hello DJI - are you listening?). Also turn off the video cache after a fresh installation & before connecting to Spark (Search the forum, I posted before about this, with others).   Next, the refresh program offers a replacement. It may be new or equivalent to new in performance & reliability. If it failed, ask for another until it works. Maybe time is a factor? Take photos & send DJI the logs as per DJI terms. I could say 1001 words more to explain details - the drone works, the DJI Go 4 app fails. Send me a PM if you need my version of proof. (Hello, DJI? Are you listening?). I have flight logs to confirm, but never crashed to make a claim regardless.. Not fair when we spend a fair dollar & future support fails. I'll support your concerns the best I can. So we have a $500 - 1000 problem that needs an answer from DJI to explain why...   I'll seek legal advise when the old apps no longer work, or download the old firmware & go offline with DJI Assistant debug mode.  I'm an electrician/contractor/technician by trade. Nothing we can't fix, replace or provide a refund if all else fails. I expect the same from DJI from their products.  It can become complicated - I'm sure you just want to fly your Spark & be happy, as before. Similar may apply to IOS - I dunno considering the OS of Spark is basically Android. Best wishes & good luck.
2019-5-25
Use props
RobT75
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sparkz71 Posted at 5-25 07:57
If you are using Android, try V 4.2.6 of DJI Go4 if you have connection problems. Search google for APK for older versions.  As a base line, V 4.3.x caused me problems (Hello DJI - are you listening?). Also turn off the video cache after a fresh installation & before connecting to Spark (Search the forum, I posted before about this, with others).   Next, the refresh program offers a replacement. It may be new or equivalent to new in performance & reliability. If it failed, ask for another until it works. Maybe time is a factor? Take photos & send DJI the logs as per DJI terms. I could say 1001 words more to explain details - the drone works, the DJI Go 4 app fails. Send me a PM if you need my version of proof. (Hello, DJI? Are you listening?). I have flight logs to confirm, but never crashed to make a claim regardless.. Not fair when we spend a fair dollar & future support fails. I'll support your concerns the best I can. So we have a $500 - 1000 problem that needs an answer from DJI to explain why...   I'll seek legal advise when the old apps no longer work, or download the old firmware & go offline with DJI Assistant debug mode.  I'm an electrician/contractor/technician by trade. Nothing we can't fix, replace or provide a refund if all else fails. I expect the same from DJI from their products.  It can become complicated - I'm sure you just want to fly your Spark & be happy, as before. Similar may apply to IOS - I dunno considering the OS of Spark is basically Android. Best wishes & good luck.

Thank you Sparkz

Really helpful and kind offer.  I'm still out on the ocean at work but only for a week or so more. Once home I can then get the all the info you suggested...log files etc collated.  You hit the nail squarely on the head - it's a big issue and after shelling out nigh on £1000 to DJI for the kit and extras I would at thought I may have got an admin / rep to speak to me here. I want to be sure its not something I've done first - hence asking questions on here rather than sending accusing e-mails off the bat directly to them.

I have found a folder of all films from my first flight through to the actual crash from SDI card (not phone)...the picture difference is so much better I can't see how DJI can argue the case.

In answer to your question regfarding DJI Go4 - I'm running it on my Apple (don't hate me) iPhone XS MAX, it was previoulsy run on iPhone 7 when I purchased the Spark.  The app version is v4.3.17 (4323)

Best Rgds
Rob
2019-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules