12Next >
3092 50 2019-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daystrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857162 ft
United States

Looks like hobbyists in the US will need to take an aeronautical knowledge test soon to be legal.
Here's a summary of the new rules just enacted by the FAA:

2019-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Daystrom. Thank you for sharing these very informative information. Great find and thank you for your support.
2019-5-17
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Each Operator of said UAS system, and it's ancillary conjuntivitus in relation to the viscosity on the endline of the rotor gurter, must produce a flaming cornish game Hen from their rectum prior to phoning the tower for clearance.
2019-5-17
Use props
Daystrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857162 ft
United States

Bill B Posted at 5-17 08:24
Each Operator of said UAS system, and it's ancillary conjuntivitus in relation to the viscosity on the endline of the rotor gurter, must produce a flaming cornish game Hen from their rectum prior to phoning the tower for clearance.

That's about what it's come to!
2019-5-17
Use props
Dog Flight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3432156 ft
United States

https://dronedj.com/2019/05/17/h ... olled-airspace-faa/
Towers will no longer give you permission to fly. So what you have left is class G airspace and AMA fields (box). Don't forget to upgrade when DJI comes out with their new firmware.
2019-5-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was just a matter of time.
2019-5-17
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Dog Flight Posted at 5-17 15:19
https://dronedj.com/2019/05/17/hobby-drone-pilots-controlled-airspace-faa/
Towers will no longer give you permission to fly. So what you have left is class G airspace and AMA fields (box). Don't forget to upgrade when DJI comes out with their new firmware.

Right on Dog Fight, I'm picking up on your sarcasm of upgrading. I never update the flysafe geo crap or whatever they call it. All it is, a tightening of the noose. We need to be throwing our money at No Limit Dronez, not DJI. Let them give us the equipment we paid for. Of course that comes with ALL the responsibility of flying being on YOU the pilot. Just as it should be. I have no association with NLD, never used them but I am going to donate to the mavic air bounty to get it rooted. Might need them soon.
2019-5-18
Use props
Celtic warrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bill B Posted at 5-17 08:24
Each Operator of said UAS system, and it's ancillary conjuntivitus in relation to the viscosity on the endline of the rotor gurter, must produce a flaming cornish game Hen from their rectum prior to phoning the tower for clearance.

It shouldn’t bother you all that much , you don’t fly very much .i
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bill B Posted at 5-18 02:42
Right on Dog Fight, I'm picking up on your sarcasm of upgrading. I never update the flysafe geo crap or whatever they call it. All it is, a tightening of the noose. We need to be throwing our money at No Limit Dronez, not DJI. Let them give us the equipment we paid for. Of course that comes with ALL the responsibility of flying being on YOU the pilot. Just as it should be. I have no association with NLD, never used them but I am going to donate to the mavic air bounty to get it rooted. Might need them soon.

Not updating geo or NFZ will not make a blind bit of difference except it won’t warn you before approaching NFZ so you craft will suffer the consequences of that, geo NFZ updates are for the benefit of those who fly drones, for me personally I would rather get the warning that I was close to a NFZ  so as to compensate for this, in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land.
So your logic is like your happy to keep kicking yourself LMAO .
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 07:11
Not updating geo or NFZ will not make a blind bit of difference except it won’t warn you before approaching NFZ so you craft will suffer the consequences of that, geo NFZ updates are for the benefit of those who fly drones, for me personally I would rather get the warning that I was close to a NFZ  so as to compensate for this, in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land.
So your logic is like your happy to keep kicking yourself LMAO .

in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land.

Care to elaborate as to how?

2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 07:40
in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land.

Care to elaborate as to how?

Do you think you can freely enter a NFZ ? Elaborate.
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 07:42
Do you think you can freely enter a NFZ ? Elaborate.

Your statement, hallmark007: " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."

Again, care to elaborate as to how NFZ is going to force your drone to land?

2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 07:47
Your statement, hallmark007: " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."

Again, care to elaborate as to how NFZ is going to force your drone to land?

Again I ask the question do you think you can enter a NFZ freely, don’t be asking questions of others if your not prepared to answer yourself, my post was not directed at you, and you have a whole different agenda for asking your question, so beat it and go annoy somebody else .
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 07:52
Again I ask the question do you think you can enter a NFZ freely, don’t be asking questions of others if your not prepared to answer yourself, my post was not directed at you, and you have a whole different agenda for asking your question, so beat it and go annoy somebody else .

hallmark007 - " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."

Misleading / incorrect statement

2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 08:01
hallmark007 - " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."

Misleading / incorrect statement

I see the TROLL HAS POSTED, MISLEADING BUT NO PROOF TO SAY WHY ITS MISLEADING.

HES JUST THE FORUM TROLL ALL MOUTH NO TROUSERS ;+)...........
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 08:04
I see the TROLL HAS POSTED, MISLEADING BUT NO PROOF TO SAY WHY ITS MISLEADING.

This is not for the benefit of that fool above, who spends his time on this forum trolling me constantly asking for proof of this and that, it’s something he feels himself he’s immune to .
But for others this information is part of your manual and I’m sure that most are aware of this.

I expect he will try to twist even what’s written in the manual, so maybe he might tell us what he thinks happens when heading towards a NFZ not a restricted zone .
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 09:02
This is not for the benefit of that fool above, who spends his time on this forum trolling me constantly asking for proof of this and that, it’s something he feels himself he’s immune to .
But for others this information is part of your manual and I’m sure that most are aware of this.

Nothing you posted saves face for you.  
You were given multiple chances to back up your claim, and you chose instead to avoid, sidetrack, attack, and Cry Troll.

Another Internet Urban Legend by hallmark007 - " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."
BUSTED!  
Do entire drone community a big favor.  Quit misleading people and quit trying to fool people.

2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t know if everyone is blind or not, I expect not, but all are free to read what I said and what I posted, all of which is correct and accurate.

Is it not funny that the fool with the obvious BIG MOUTH has offered NOTHING NADA ZILCH not a scrap of information for anyone, in fact if one was to read his TROLLING POSTS they would see his only interest was to TROLL.

Here’s the thing and the obvious thing all his posts are completely DEVOID of any information, all my posts offer information .

It is well known that he has spent most of his time on this forum TROLLING ME and for anyone reading this thread they will clearly see his only intent on this thread was to TROLL ME, if it was any different he would have added to the thread.

He is a full blown narcissist who’s only interest here is trolling me, he cares didly squat about this thread and this is born out by his ridiculous attack on me .
And just so people are fully aware, he has already been banned for yes TROLLING ME .
2019-5-18
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

These "new" rules are pretty bad when not looked in the fuller context. I live in a class D airspace but I can no longer contact the control tower for permission to fly in my own back yard! FAA has put the cart before the horse. The fuller context is that the FAA is setting up LAANC for hobbyists. It's not there yet which is STUPID in my opinion as that should have come first. Supposedly it will go live in June? (and I will win the next lotto). But the deal is it will be there. No longer will there be a need to contact the tower for permission as long as you are in a LAANC area (is that the correct term?) and you use LAANC for permission. Hopefully easy peasy.I would hope that whether you get clearance will be based on current/updated SSI grids.

Question to Part 107 holders: Do you use LAANC and how easy and fast is it to get auth?
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 09:57
I don’t know if everyone is blind or not, I expect not, but all are free to read what I said and what I posted, all of which is correct and accurate.

Is it not funny that the fool with the obvious BIG MOUTH has offered NOTHING NADA ZILCH not a scrap of information for anyone, in fact if one was to read his TROLLING POSTS they would see his only interest was to TROLL.

Was going to leave it as it was.  But since you absolutely insist by manual your statement of: " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land" is accurate, not going too.  If you took time to read and comprehend what manual states, you would realize manual counters your claim.

Area you Boxed off makes it clear that pilot needs to keep drone firmware updated so DJI's safety feature of drone landing automaticaly involving flight restriction zones will function.
Your statement says, drone will land even if NFZ data has not been downloaded for NFZ the drone is flying near, in, or through.   

Think it through, the drone does not know about NFZ.  So how is drone supposed to know to automatically land?  Why do you think people started complaining when DJI rolled out latest version of their safety software which had numerous new NFZ?   Why do you think people are refusing to update their drones, and mentioning NFZ?

Your statement of "in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land" is not only misleading, it is dangerous.  Person reading your statement and your follow-up B.lowing S.moke attempts to save face, would believe they never need to update their drone's Firmware (associated NFZ data), because drone will always land when it encounters a NFZ.

Previously you tried to claim that NFZs are established by GPS satellite broadcasts.  Another claim that has potential to be dangerous.  A person could think their drone's NFZ database is automatically updated via GPS satellites.  Leading a person to fly drone into NFZ established after last NFZ data download via firmware update, thinking GPS satellites will pass on NFZ data.

2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 11:08
Was going to leave it as it was.  But since you absolutely insist by manual your statement of: " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land" is accurate, not going too.  If you took time to read and comprehend what manual states, you would realize manual counters your claim.

Rubbish it’s geo fence in the drone that forces it to land, what your saying is rubbish.

It’s like saying that some drones with NFZ sw not up to date can just cross nfz that is rubbish complete rubbish.

The difference is when you download SW. your drone now has the new info regarding new and remodeled NFZ .

That’s the most crazy thing I have ever heard around here.

How do you think drones are stopped from crossing TFR , remember we are talking about NFZ here .
Are we to believe now that all drones can cross TFR after all we don’t download SW for this.

Again your reading through your hat, it clearly points out that you need to download SW or you will be in limbo as regards nfz in both your flysafe and the warnings you get before and during flight and that’s the reason to download up to date SW.

I’m sure if you were free to fly around jfk airport because you didn’t download SW would make an absolute joke out of dji SW that keeps all drones out .
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 11:49
Rubbish it’s geo fence in the drone that forces it to land, what your saying is rubbish.

It’s like saying that some drones with NFZ sw not up to date can just cross nfz that is rubbish complete rubbish.

hallmark007 - It’s like saying that some drones with NFZ sw not up to date can just cross nfz that is rubbish complete rubbish.

Again, how does drone know about NFZ that has not been downloaded to it?
Do you think drones detect NFZ areas by local radio transmissions?  Transmissions from GPS Satellites?  

Do you think there is a big invisible fence surrounding NFZs?

2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 11:49

it clearly points out that you need to download SW or you will be in limbo as regards nfz in both your flysafe and the warnings you get before and during flight and that’s the reason to download up to date SW

What you posted does not say what you continue to claim.  Bluntly, you got cart before the horse, tail wagging the dog.  If you bothered to read part of manual you posted, (instead of trying to use it as a club) manual points to need for updating firmware so drone knows about changes to NFZs.  Which allows drone's safety NFZ system to function should drone attempt to fly into NFZ.  

Until you can post authorative information that elaborates and backs your claim of " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land"

Your claim is not only Misleading, but Dangerous to someone who assumes their drone will detect new NFZs without having new NFZ data downloaded via firmware update.

2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 12:23
it clearly points out that you need to download SW or you will be in limbo as regards nfz in both your flysafe and the warnings you get before and during flight and that’s the reason to download up to date SW

Your so full of sh#t it’s unreal, your telling everyone if they don’t download SW they can fly in all NFZ and I expect seen as there is no SW download for TFR’s we can all fly in them , don’t be so ridiculous.

Geofencing is a location-based service which creates virtual boundaries or invisible force fields around real-world geographic areas. This is the technology which keeps a supported drone from accidently venturing into a sensitive no-fly-zone, for example, an airport, nuclear power plant, or a high-profile event.
DJI has been using geofencing in compatible drones since 2013, refining the technology into Geospatial Environment Online (GEO) system in 2016. DJI started rolling out GEO 2.0 to customers in November 2018. So, what is GEO 2.0 and how is it different from the previous avatar?
Developed in collaboration with the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) and the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), GEO 2.0 uses a ‘common-sense approach’ to offer clear benefits to both manned and unmanned operators.
A standard geofence is circular in shape, with the biggest at-risk area forming the nucleus. However, in such an arrangement, the regions where safety risk is much, much lower also become off-limits. DJI’s GEO 2.0 follows a detailed 3D ‘bow tie’ method to earmark safety zones precisely. Using complex polygon shapes instead of simple circles, the system “better reflects the actual safety risk posed in those areas, while allowing more flights to the side of [sensitive facilities] where risk is substantially lower.”
According to DJI, the new geofencing software also integrates the Section 384 amendments of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act. This means the final approach corridor to active runways at major airports are also labelled as ‘runway exclusion zones’ for unauthorized drones under GEO 2.0.
To enhance its geofencing technology, DJI has also joined forces with a geospatial data provider. In North America, DJI has dropped its former location data partner AirMap in favor of PrecisionHawk. DJI will be using PrecisionHawk’s Low Altitude Traffic and Airspace Safety (LATAS) platform to enable complex operations and safely integrate its drones into the North American airspace.
If we were to talk specifically about airports, the earlier GEO system cordoned-off a 5-mile circle around airports. GEO 2.0, meanwhile, applies its strongest restrictions to a 3/4 mile-wide rectangle around each runway, with less stringent rules coming to force in an oval area within 3.7 miles of each runway.
Which means the bow-tie shape offers increased protection in the locations where traditional aircraft actually fly, while opening up more areas on the sides of runways to beneficial drone uses. See the diagram below for more details:
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I gave nobody bad information the information is correct as per your manual, people should always check flysafe before flying if there SW is not up to date, particularly in areas you are not familiar also for those with regular or occasional TFR’s should always check before flying in these locations, that’s the best advice and I fully hold to this advice .
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 11:08

And this makes a mockery of you ignoring GPS and NFZ.

TNS) -- While it’s been nearly a year since the Federal Aviation Administration started issuing more licenses for civilian drone operations, technology is now trying to keep up with restrictions placed on the unmanned aerial vehicles.

More and more systems are being developed to make sure drones — both commercial and hobbyists — don’t stray into FAA restricted air space in areas such as airports or military installations. With that, so-called “geofencing” is being added to drones, either with components being fixed to the device or through mobile applications that control their flights.

Geofencing is basically a virtual perimeter programmed with GPS data that keeps drones from veering into restricted air space.

RELATED

Drones Hired to Take Out Mosquito Threat
Interactive Medical Drones: No Longer Science Fiction
Drone Demo Flight Breaks Records, Paves Way for Drone Delivery
“I can get a drone today that has geofencing where it’s an electronic [virtual] fence,” said Brent Klavon, board member of the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International and director for commercial drones at Aviation Systems Engineering Co. in Jacksonville.

“Think of it as an invisible dog fence. If my dog [with an electronic collar] tries to leave the yard, it gets zapped and turns around. Similarly, a drone would know it’s approaching an invisible fence … and it would hit that bumper and return,” said Klavon, whose company was the first FAA-licensed commercial drone operation on the First Coast.

Either through a small box-like device attached to a drone or programmed applications entered into the remote control, GPS coordinates are used to alert drone systems as to what air space is off limits.

It’s an emerging technology, Klavon said, designed for safety controls. He said the geofencing for drones is currently in a state of development similar to the early stages of air bags in automobiles. Eventually, all drones will be equipped with the technology to prevent them from straying into prohibited air space.

The technological development is a natural evolution following the massive increase in drone operation licenses granted by the FAA since August, when the agency loosened requirements. Tens of thousands of licenses have been granted since and the main concern not only in the industry but also among regulators is that so many drones may be in the air that they could collide with manned aircraft.

The FAA stipulations state that drones cannot operate within a 5-mile radius of an airport. Similar restrictions are in place for many governmental installations such as military bases.

While Klavon said he is unaware of any accidents caused by collisions between drones and manned aircraft, the FAA has recorded hundreds of near collisions across the country in the past three years.

The issue of drone control is so prevalent, NASA is even in the process of creating additional technology in geofencing that uses GPS coordinates entered by government entities that will keep drones from drifting into restricted air space.

Kelly Hayhurst is a senior research scientist for NASA at the Langley Research Center in Hampton, Va., where she is working on upgrading geofencing technology through a system called Safeguard.

“There’s a lot of liability in the potential for causing harm to people and property,” Hayhurst said. “That’s big, especially in a very new industry. If these things start causing a number of catastrophic events, that’s going to slow the growth of that industry tremendously.”

Ultimately, Hayhurst said, geofencing can stop a drone in its tracks.

“For each of our fences, we set up a buffer in front of the boundaries. When the drone crosses into a buffer, the drone gets a warning that goes to its autopilot that says, ‘You need to take some corrective action,’ ” Hayhurst said. “It has an opportunity to not go across the fence.”

If the drone does not take evasive action and doesn’t vacate the restricted air space, Hayhurst said the virtual fence can actually force the drone to land immediately.

“We send a signal to a flight termination system” forcing the drone to the ground by cutting off all mechanical operations, she said.

The data that sets the parameters of air space are usually generated from the sources at airports, governmental installations and even from businesses. Most drones being manufactured now have sensors built into their pilot programming that picks up on those parameters.

At Built Drones, a commercial and consumer drone shop on Atlantic Boulevard in Jacksonville’s St. Nicholas area, technician and sales representative Justin Stevens said the industry is already adjusting to the virtual fencing, though a mechanical addition to the drone is not really necessary.

“They’ve got an app … you can set up points on that as well. That’s the same kind of idea or system as a geofence. It’s plotting imaginary points based on GPS coordinates,” Stevens said.

Stevens added that a mobile application and the virtual fencing are no more expensive than many apps that can be purchased and downloaded from any Play Store on Android or iPhone devices.

Klavon said this is no fad. It’s essential to keeping the drone industry in flight.

“This is technology that would be something that manufacturers could be told that they have to have and incorporate into their system so when they sell these things … there’s built-in safety features that could help prevent that mid-air collision,” Klavon said.

There is the catch, though, Klavon said, that if geofencing is a government mandate on businesses that forces them to add the technology to their drones, push-back is likely from the industry.

“This is technology that would potentially be employed on every drone,” Klavon said. “How it would be enforced, that’s a completely different question. Now you’re asking industry to incorporate things they may not want to.”

Geofencing is also emerging as Florida law is becoming more uniform regarding drone use, Klavon said.

State law just went into effect on July 1, Klavon said, to keep local governments from regulating drone and model aircraft operations in Florida and, in turn, protecting those flying safely and within the bounds of the law from unnecessary regulations.

The law does, however, permit local governments to enact or enforce local ordinances relating to illegal acts, such as voyeurism, property damage and harassment arising from the use of drones and model aircraft, Klavon said.

2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 12:40
Your so full of sh#t it’s unreal, your telling everyone if they don’t download SW they can fly in all NFZ and I expect seen as there is no SW download for TFR’s we can all fly in them , don’t be so ridiculous.

Geofencing is a location-based service which creates virtual boundaries or invisible force fields around real-world geographic areas. This is the technology which keeps a supported drone from accidently venturing into a sensitive no-fly-zone, for example, an airport, nuclear power plant, or a high-profile event.

"Geofencing is a location-based service which creates virtual boundaries  or invisible force fields around real-world geographic areas."

invisible force fields around...  Seriously?   This isn't Star Trek.

Try actually reading what you posted with a prior understanding of GPS satellites and recievers, concept of Geospatial environment, how data is created, and where data resides for it to be used by drone.  

If drone does  not have data telling it the location, shape, and size of NFZ it is  approaching, drone will fly through NFZ area.  Simply because  there is nothing telling drone there is NFZ.

Once again:

Why do you think people:
1) started complaining when DJI rolled out latest  version of their safety software which had numerous new NFZ and new bow-tie NFZ shapes?   

2) are refusing to update their drones, while mentioning  NFZ as reason?

Ultimately, you have posted nothing that backs your original claim.  hallmark007 - " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."
Reading your original comment, and one of your subsquent comments, makes it sound like you are saying - only way a drone can fly through a NFZ is if it is kept updated - but then update prevents drone from doing so.  Back to SPINing and Twisting?

Until you can post authorative information that backs you claim, your statement of "in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land" is Wrong!

2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 13:18
"Geofencing is a location-based service which creates virtual boundaries  or invisible force fields around real-world geographic areas."

invisible force fields around...  Seriously?   This isn't Star Trek.

Look what you are saying is if you don’t update any NFZ software you can fly anywhere you like WRONG WRONG WRONG and I have proved it in spades , you got your aS# handed to you on a plate again, my work is done here, good riddance.
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 12:57
I gave nobody bad information the information is correct as per your manual, people should always check flysafe before flying if there SW is not up to date, particularly in areas you are not familiar also for those with regular or occasional TFR’s should always check before flying in these locations, that’s the best advice and I fully hold to this advice .

Your original comment and subsequent attempts to SPIN & Twist say differently.  You have tried to make people believe that a drone which has not been updated with newer NFZ information, will automatically land when it encounters a new or reshaped/resized NFZ.  

Dangerously bad information, all to save face.  
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 13:22
Your original comment and subsequent attempts to SPIN & Twist say differently.  You have tried to make people believe that a drone which has not been updated with newer NFZ information, will automatically land when it encounters a new or reshaped/resized NFZ.  

Dangerously bad information, all to save face.

Any drone that tries to enter a NFZ will be forced to land if it continues, but if you don’t have the information about the new NFZ you won’t know it there until it’s to late to avoid the consequences. No dji drones will cross a NFZ period unless hacked period .
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 13:12

TNS) -- While it’s been nearly a year since the Federal Aviation Administration started issuing more licenses for civilian drone operations, technology is now trying to keep up with restrictions placed on the unmanned aerial vehicles.

And now you are just making stuff up for one of several purposes:
1) Baiting for purpose of Trolling
2) SPINing and Twisting in attempt to Confuse
3) Attempt to hide / bury you non-sense

3) Again Lying to save face.

hallmark007 - "in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."

Drone don't know, drone flies on.  

2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 13:26
Any drone that tries to enter a NFZ will be forced to land if it continues, but if you don’t have the information about the new NFZ you won’t know it there until it’s to late to avoid the consequences. No dji drones will cross a NFZ period unless hacked period .

hallmark007 - Any drone that tries to enter a NFZ will be forced to land if it continues...

Close but still not correct  If drone does not know about NFZ because it has not been updated to include NFZ, drone will continue to fly.  

DJI drone will cross into a NFZ if drone does not have that NFZ's information downloaded to it.

Which again leads back to original comment being wrong: " in your case approaching NFZ which you have not downloaded will just force your drone to land."
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-18 13:30

And now you are just making stuff up for one of several purposes:

Your beat now the whinging has started, you brought up the sh#t, if you can’t take don’t try dishing your fantasy rubbish , now you can say what you like, you started from your opening post here to attack me , you got you as# handed to you on a plate, you unlike me have proved absolutely nothing to back up your ridiculous claim that if you don’t download new NFZ you are free to fly in NFZ that is just ridiculous. It’s all yours now , give up the trolling .
2019-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 13:22
Look what you are saying is if you don’t update any NFZ software you can fly anywhere you like WRONG WRONG WRONG and I have proved it in spades , you got your aS# handed to you on a plate again, my work is done here, good riddance.

Look what you are saying is if you don’t update any NFZ software you can fly anywhere you like WRONG WRONG WRONG

No that is not what I said.  You are once again up to your usual tricks of SPINing and Twisting.
Look, you made an inccorect claim.  All that was asked was you elaborate on your claim.  You simply could have said, I made a typo or clarified.

Instead you chose to double, and tripple down.  Along with trying defend your claim with information that didn't.  With some of information actually showing you original claim to be wrong.  As usually, you went off with your twisting and spinning, non-sense, false accusations of Trolling, and your repeated insulsts about other's intelligence.

As said before, what you tried to claim is misleading, and if taken as truth could be dangerous.  Misinformed person could assume that their DJI drone knows about every previous, current, new NFZ, and changes to shape and size of NFZs without latest NFZ data being download via Firmware Update.  

Do remember, it was you who previously tried to sell idea that NFZ information data was being pushed / transmiited by GPS Satellites.  

2019-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it not reasonable to assume that with all aircraft transmitting their ID that they will be monitored and forced to land either directly or indirectly using Aeroscope thereby making the accuracy of DJIs own fly-safe data tables irrelevant ?
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 5-18 14:16
Is it not reasonable to assume that with all aircraft transmitting their ID that they will be monitored and forced to land either directly or indirectly using Aeroscope thereby making the accuracy of DJIs own fly-safe data tables irrelevant ?

Exactly ...
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 14:24
Incorrect.  NFZs are based on the information downloaded in the drone's NFZ database.  If you don't update the database, or disable it entirely, then the drone doesn't know of changes & files fine.

You might explain so, how drones are stopped from flying into TFRS no SW for them ?
2019-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 14:30
You might explain so, how drones are stopped from flying into TFRS no SW for them ?

TFRs are usually well known in advance and would be built into the fly-safe data tables.

I posted a link on a previous thread which has been taken down.

Here we go, the FAA site
2019-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 14:43
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are trolling.  In this case he is correct in what he is saying.  When the drone updates its NFZ database, what do you think is being updated?  NFZs!!!  If you don't update, & don't allow the app to connect to the internet to pickup TFRs, then the bird flies with the older NFZ data.  If you disable the NFZ process entirely, then there are no NFZs.

"If you disable the NFZ process entirely, then there are no NFZs."

Or more accurately no DJI imposed restrictions. It's then up to the FAA and authorities to police (within USA).
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 5-18 14:40
TFRs are usually well known in advance and would be built into the fly-safe data tables.

I posted a link on a previous thread which has been taken down.

Tfrs can be brought in anytime I don’t believe there is a strict colander for this.
2019-5-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules