Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New FAA drone laws
3032 59 2019-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 14:43
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are trolling.  In this case he is correct in what he is saying.  When the drone updates its NFZ database, what do you think is being updated?  NFZs!!!  If you don't update, & don't allow the app to connect to the internet to pickup TFRs, then the bird flies with the older NFZ data.  If you disable the NFZ process entirely, then there are no NFZs.

"If you disable the NFZ process entirely, then there are no NFZs."

Or more accurately no DJI imposed restrictions. It's then up to the FAA and authorities to police (within USA).
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 5-18 14:40
TFRs are usually well known in advance and would be built into the fly-safe data tables.

I posted a link on a previous thread which has been taken down.

Tfrs can be brought in anytime I don’t believe there is a strict colander for this.
2019-5-18
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 11:49
Rubbish it’s geo fence in the drone that forces it to land, what your saying is rubbish.

It’s like saying that some drones with NFZ sw not up to date can just cross nfz that is rubbish complete rubbish.

OMG...

Where do you think the drone obtains the NFZ data?  It gets downloaded to the drone when you update the GEO database!  The drone picks up TFRs because the Go app connects to the internet if available, without even specifically requesting permission, & updates the TFR data.  FYI, Go, as well as other DJI apps, connect to the internet EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT ACTIVELY RUNNING THE PROGRAMS!
2019-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 14:51
Tfrs can be brought in anytime I don’t believe there is a strict colander for this.

"Tfrs can be brought in anytime I don’t believe there is a strict colander for this."

And would be published as Notams, in which case the aircraft might be unaware and would not take any action. Technology wise I'm sure many things could be potentially available for use by various authorities. But from various recent 'drone incidents' that we've all seen they have been woefully inadequate as yet for the 'defence' of airspace.
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 14:43
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are trolling.  In this case he is correct in what he is saying.  When the drone updates its NFZ database, what do you think is being updated?  NFZs!!!  If you don't update, & don't allow the app to connect to the internet to pickup TFRs, then the bird flies with the older NFZ data.  If you disable the NFZ process entirely, then there are no NFZs.

hes Trolling alright he’s already been banned for trolling me once before and although many times being asked to give me a wide birth, he still manages to make it his calling to continue to troll me,
2019-5-18
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 12:40
Your so full of sh#t it’s unreal, your telling everyone if they don’t download SW they can fly in all NFZ and I expect seen as there is no SW download for TFR’s we can all fly in them , don’t be so ridiculous.

Geofencing is a location-based service which creates virtual boundaries or invisible force fields around real-world geographic areas. This is the technology which keeps a supported drone from accidently venturing into a sensitive no-fly-zone, for example, an airport, nuclear power plant, or a high-profile event.

I'm sorry but, for all that lengthy gibberish you posted, you really don't seem to have a grasp on how GEO works.  It isn't Jonny Quest!  There are no "invisible force fields"!   It is just a database comtaining coordinate-based flight restrictions that gets downloaded to the drone.  The Go app determines the drones location from GPS, checks the GEO database, & applies any restrictions it finds based on location.   
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 15:04
I'm sorry but, for all that lengthy gibberish you posted, you really don't seem to have a grasp on how GEO works.  It isn't Jonny Quest!  There are no "invisible force fields"!   It is just a database comtaining coordinate-based flight restrictions that gets downloaded to the drone.  The Go app determines the drones location from GPS, checks the GEO database, & applies any restrictions it finds based on location.

I know exactly how NFZ and geo fencing works .
2019-5-18
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 5-18 14:47
"If you disable the NFZ process entirely, then there are no NFZs."

Or more accurately no DJI imposed restrictions. It's then up to the FAA and authorities to police (within USA).
Yes you are correct.  There are still NFZs just no software-enforced NFZs.
2019-5-18
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 15:00
hes Trolling alright he’s already been banned for trolling me once before and although many times being asked to give me a wide birth, he still manages to make it his calling to continue to troll me,

But he isn't trolling you by pointing out that your assertion on NFZs is errant.  Further, as I hinted at before, you baited him & escalated things by making a comment about him licking himself!
2019-5-18
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 15:08

Clearly your attempted explanation makes clear you do not.
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 15:14
But he isn't trolling you by pointing out that your assertion on NFZs is errant.  Further, as I hinted at before, you baited him & escalated things by making a comment about him licking himself!

Take a look at post 20/23 he’s trolling alright , and it’s a daily occurrence.
2019-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 15:16
Clearly your attempted explanation makes clear you do not.

Well your explanation of TFR’s being uploaded behind your back , I’m sure there is room for NFZ’s to be uploaded as well if that’s the case, I think that TFR is a bit skeptical .
I explained exactly what dji NFZ is in post 30 read it .
2019-5-18
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 15:18
Take a look at post 20/23 he’s trolling alright , and it’s a daily occurrence.
I just read the posts you mentioned & he is NOT trolling you.  He is just trying to explain that you are mistaken in your understanding of how the GEO system works.

The aircraft firmware has been designed to read the onboard GEO data.  It is the firmware that determines what happens in specific circumstances...like if you're flying along in a perfectly legitimate area when suddenly you wind up in the middle of a TFR zone, & the bird decides to auto-land.  Occasionally there are major updates to the GEO database.  You see notices for these when the "Update FlySafe Data" popups occur.

But there are also minor, unannounced, updates that occur each time you run the Go app.  Like when you launch the app & it automatically checks for firmware updates.  That's when it updates TFR data.  It doesn't ask permission.  It just does it if it can access the internet.  As I mentioned, DJI apps also run processes in the background EVEN WHEN YOU HAVEN'T RUN THE PROGRAM!
2019-5-18
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 15:22
Well your explanation of TFR’s being uploaded behind your back , I’m sure there is room for NFZ’s to be uploaded as well if that’s the case, I think that TFR is a bit skeptical .
I explained exactly what dji NFZ is in post 30 read it .

I see what you wrote but you are not grasping what is being explained.  Yes, a drone gets forced to land in an NFZ but, IF THE FLYSAFE DATA IS OUTDATED (as in NOT UPDATED), then it is operating under the old database limitations.

Imagine your house gets changed to an NFZ in an updated FlySafe database, but you don't update so your drone is using an older FlySafe database where your house is not listed as an NFZ.  In this case your drone will fly normally under it's older NFZ database limitations.

IF YOU DON'T UPDATE, & restrict your device from network connectivity to prevent stealth updates, then the new software-imposed limitations won't apply.  This is what he is trying to explain but you seem unable to comprehend & acknowledge.  Maybe the bad blood between you is so strong that you just can't?
2019-5-18
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 15:40
I just read the posts you mentioned & he is NOT trolling you.  He is just trying to explain that you are mistaken in your understanding of how the GEO system works.

The aircraft firmware has been designed to read the onboard GEO data.  It is the firmware that determines what happens in specific circumstances...like if you're flying along in a perfectly legitimate area when suddenly you wind up in the middle of a TFR zone, & the bird decides to auto-land.  Occasionally there are major updates to the GEO database.  You see notices for these when the "Update FlySafe Data" popups occur.

"Like when you launch the app & it automatically checks for firmware updates."

I had always assumed that that it was just checking what was available against what was on DJI Go 4 and the aircraft.

I don't think it updates fly-safe in the background (Background refresh can be disabled in iOS, and probably Android), because it does the fly-safe updates for the aircraft via USB connection & OTG cable. Which would be the reference if disconnected from RC.
It would not be impossible that it could pass fly-safe data to the aircraft via the App, but then that would suggest a seamless fully integrated fly-safe system, and I don't think it's quite developed that far yet.
I doubt all flight restrictions imposed would be imediately available to the multi-rotors all the time, or at an instant. In terms of minor changes in NFZ or TFR's, risk to manned aircraft is probably so low as to be negligible until the next fly-safe database update.
2019-5-19
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-18 14:55
OMG...

Where do you think the drone obtains the NFZ data?  It gets downloaded to the drone when you update the GEO database!  The drone picks up TFRs because the Go app connects to the internet if available, without even specifically requesting permission, & updates the TFR data.  FYI, Go, as well as other DJI apps, connect to the internet EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT ACTIVELY RUNNING THE PROGRAMS!

Don't waste your time with Hallmark 007 or walmart 003 or whatever he calls himself.  To me he will forever be, "king of word salads" He's an obvious moron. You're wasting your time, he'll drag you down. his handle should be, double ought naught, or 000
2019-5-24
Use props
NightThunder
First Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 5-19 01:12
"Like when you launch the app & it automatically checks for firmware updates."

I had always assumed that that it was just checking what was available against what was on DJI Go 4 and the aircraft.

Cable? What cable? I don't need no stinking cable to update the fly safe database.
2019-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NightThunder Posted at 5-24 13:39
Cable? What cable? I don't need no stinking cable to update the fly safe database.

Stinking cable not required, but for the Mavic Pro and the P4 a USB cable connection to the aircraft is required to update the flysafe database on the aircraft.
2019-5-24
Use props
NightThunder
First Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 5-24 13:44
Stinking cable not required, but for the Mavic Pro and the P4 a USB cable connection to the aircraft is required to update the flysafe database on the aircraft.

ROFLMAO.  I did not know that! Thanks!
2019-5-24
Use props
SandyRogers
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 15:08

2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules