Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OTG for IOS still on fence?
728 11 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NeilG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

I have been using OTG cable with iPhone7 now for over a year. The only issue I have had was getting the phone to recognise device when I was not powering and connecting in the right sequence.

I know this is an old subject, but after reading through the forum I can’t find anything to provide an answer, or explain why using OTG cable is NOT a good idea.

I have never experienced any problem when flying and I don’t put my phone into airplane mode.

Does DGI recommend this method of flying and is is supported or going to be supported anytime soon?

Should I fly in airplane mode to remove any possibility of interference? I have not experienced any issue, but have I just been lucky? think I keep  Wifi on as a fallback.

Interested to know what is the recommenced approach.

Thanks.

2019-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi,  thanks for reaching out!  We currently support OTG connection for Android devices, however, I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Regarding the airplane mode, you may turn off this function to prevent any possible interferences and kindly be aware of the environment when flying the drone to avoid an incident. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-18
Use props
NeilG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-18 09:17
Hi,  thanks for reaching out!  We currently support OTG connection for Android devices, however, I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Regarding the airplane mode, you may turn off this function to prevent any possible interferences and kindly be aware of the environment when flying the drone to avoid an incident. Thank you for understanding.

That’s good to know, thanks.

I have been using mine now for approximately 3.5 hours of flight time with no issue..

I think a lot of people will be waiting on an announcement.
2019-5-19
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

OTG: Don't fly without it.

The iPhone, and I don't remember what one it was, would complain "unsupported device" every time. Just dismiss that. GO4 knew what to do with it. The lack of video lag made flying SO much better.
2019-5-19
Use props
NeilG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tentoes Posted at 5-19 10:11
OTG: Don't fly without it.

The iPhone, and I don't remember what one it was, would complain "unsupported device" every time. Just dismiss that. GO4 knew what to do with it. The lack of video lag made flying SO much better.

On my iPhone 6 I always get unsupported device, but I ignore and works fine.
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

NeilG Posted at 5-19 01:24
That’s good to know, thanks.

I have been using mine now for approximately 3.5 hours of flight time with no issue..

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're glad to know that this connection type has been working on your end so far. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support. Cheers!
2019-5-21
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I’ve been using iPad min4 with the dji go4 app for 6 months with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I’ve used the OTG cable since the first day.
2019-5-21
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
United States

Oh. "Airplane Mode" Yes. I turn airplane mode on, but that's just because I had Sylvester in a funny place, and was watching the video I was recording when a scammer called the phone and now I had the phone screen on top of GO4. Ruined the shot, and I didn't have enough battery to reshoot it.
2019-5-23
Use props
NeilG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-21 13:34
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're glad to know that this connection type has been working on your end so far. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support. Cheers!

I will keep eyes wide open
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

NeilG Posted at 5-24 00:53
I will keep eyes wide open

Should you have further concerns, please keep us posted. Thank you for continued support.
2019-5-24
Use props
mactan
New
New Zealand

Can anyone please explain the correct procedure of the order to turn on the devices for successful OTG connection?  Is it remote on, phone/app on and then the drone?  Sorry if this has been posted before but I have been getting a bad connection intermittently using the cable (while in airplane mode).
2019-5-26
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
United States

mactan Posted at 5-26 15:17
Can anyone please explain the correct procedure of the order to turn on the devices for successful OTG connection?  Is it remote on, phone/app on and then the drone?  Sorry if this has been posted before but I have been getting a bad connection intermittently using the cable (while in airplane mode).

I never noticed that it made much difference. It just always worked with either Android or iPhone. I think I had everything turned on and plugged before starting GO4.

2019-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules