Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stupid Activation process not working, sending it back!
923 14 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timesnaps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180994 ft
China

Stupid and rediculous activation process... updated the app on android and even though the app see's it it never works.
Re-installed Mimo app, reset the Osmo Action, restarted the phone, reset the wifi connection on the Osmo, cleared the cache on the phone, nothing... oh, clicked help! what help that was!!

As it is, I am sending it back. Not only is there a huge concern on privacy (the activation process sends all sorts of personal data to the DJI servers) but also it obviously doesnt work half the time. When DJI come out with products that doesnt need data connection to their servers, I will buy more.

Screenshot_2019-05-18-18-45-03-040_dji.mimo.png
2019-5-18
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Because you own many other DJI products, they already have your details. Plus you live in China. Your government and party already have lots of  info about you.
2019-5-19
Use props
Parisi2274
First Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

I activated my Osmo Action in about 12 seconds... Zero issue.  
2019-5-19
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-19 18:56
Because you own many other DJI products, they already have your details. Plus you live in China. Your government and party already have lots of  info about you.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi timesnaps, sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know what's the current status? Have you sent the unit in? If yes, please kindly offer your case number and the SN, we'd like to check the exact status and keep following up.
2019-5-20
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Susan Posted at 5-20 00:43
Hi timesnaps, sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know what's the current status? Have you sent the unit in? If yes, please kindly offer your case number and the SN, we'd like to check the exact status and keep following up.

bought via jing dong, so its gone back there! never going to buy another one of your crap products! Totally waste of time with this activation non-sense!
2019-5-20
Use props
timesnaps
lvl.1
Mexico

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-19 18:56

my government!?! u have no idea what you talking about, but like I said whatever rocks your boat - Troll is your middle name?
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Osmo Action came in today and activation was no problem.  
It also asked me to update firmware and that process was smooth as well.  
I activated and updated firmware using an iPhone 10s Max running Mimo App version V1.1.0 (25028)
Osmo Action Firmware updated to 01.02.00.10 (6436)
2019-5-20
Use props
TheCameraGuy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

timesnaps Posted at 5-20 07:46
my government!?! u have no idea what you talking about, but like I said whatever rocks your boat - Troll is your middle name?

So your original post has your location in China. You response to me now, you changed it to Canada.

So, which is it?

I have well over 1,000 posts, so I can’t be a troll. You were a newbie on the earlier post, that makes you a troll as your first post was an attack.
2019-5-20
Use props
Parisi2274
First Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

timesnaps Posted at 5-20 07:45
bought via jing dong, so its gone back there! never going to buy another one of your crap products! Totally waste of time with this activation non-sense!

It seems like the issue is the user and not the product, as there has been several members of this board who have had zero issue activating their Osmo Action (myself included)...

2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

timesnaps Posted at 5-20 07:45
bought via jing dong, so its gone back there! never going to buy another one of your crap products! Totally waste of time with this activation non-sense!

Sorry about that. We'll keep learning and offer a better experience for our valued customers. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2019-5-21
Use props
peiter
First Officer
Denmark

All you had to do is put your android phone in airplane mode or turn off mobile data,,,,,, and yes i know it should not be needed, but this is a long time issue within android where it look for internet, and your camera / gadget don't have internet and so your phone throw a fit as google cant mine your data then ( or what ever excuse they will use to not fix this simple problem )
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_PQmqZRO12s6z
New

France

I have the same problem, impossible to activate the DJI Action, I've tried everything. I dont understand why I have to activate something I paid.
2019-5-22
Use props
djiuser_PQmqZRO12s6z
New

France

I see the DJI Action on the bluetooth, it connects and nothing happens appart asking me to connect to a WIFI I don't see on the mobile and can't connect to manually. I was in airplane mode, bluetooth and wifi activated, nothing connected to my Huawei P30 Pro. Factory reset on DJI ACtion and lastest firmware.

Any hints ? It's very VERY VERY annoying to not be able to use the cam I paid for because of activation problems.
2019-5-22
Use props
djiuser_PQmqZRO12s6z
New

France

It worked, what I did :

Remove the APP.
Use the App from google not from the QR code, it updated then it worked !
2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules