What color of Mavic Air you recomend?
4679 33 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

As in the topic, what color of A/C do you prefer?
Onyx black/flame red/arctic white? and why? which of it is easier to see in the sky?

2019-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information/answer from our value DJI co pilot  on what color do you prefer for there DJI Mavic Air. For me personally I prefer the Flame Red colored DJI Mavic Air. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-18
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 08:09
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best information/answer from our value DJI co pilot  on what color do you prefer for there DJI Mavic Air. For me personally I prefer the Flame Red colored DJI Mavic Air. Thank you for your support.

DJI Stephen - thanks for your opinion. I will fly mostly in the green locations or close to golden hours. I got a bunch of bad experience with Phantom 3 Standard, I can't get back my money back and I can't operate my quadcopter due to SIGNAL LOST issues. So I decide to give one more time trust credit for DJI and I want to order Mavic Air. White color of drone is good when I flied on green background but in the sky aspecially on white sky it disapear completly. Thats why I'm curious opinion of users. Mavic air is much smaller than PH3 Std and I'm not sure how much is visible on different background.
2019-5-18
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
United States

I fly the a red MA like my Ducati motorbike       Over 100 feet, I don't know which color would stand out.
2019-5-18
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

Black, definitely black. It shows up the best and looks professional.
2019-5-18
Use props
Alex1976
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

Black for me. It looks awesome
2019-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Choices.....
Never easy.
2019-5-18
Use props
XplorerDinesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Personally i would recommend you to go for white , if not then red... i would advice you to stay away from black, because of the following reasons:
a)  You cant notice anything related to color once it takes off irrespective of any color that you chose and after a few meters high, the only color that is visible is black color of the bottom part of the drone and the battery. So it doesn't make any sense, whichever color you chose.

b) the most important part where the color plays the role is when the drone is unfortunately crashed or lost. The white and red ones are the most attractive and highly visible colors that has greater chance of you noticing it when you might lose them in a dense bush or farm lands. With black color its very difficult to find your drone when if it crashes in some forest or dense farm land or long grass areas.
This is from my own unfortunate incident experience, when i lost my first black MA in a dense millet farmland. So, i bought a red one next time.

c) Black looks very bad after couple of months. While red and white looks attractive for very long period.

Hope this helps you in chosing the color.

Thanks,
Dinesh
https://www.youtube.com/XplorerDinesh
2019-5-19
Use props
lordgarth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9642 ft
United States

Well red is my favorite color and mine is red so don't pick red.
2019-5-19
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

P3KoYoT Posted at 5-18 08:54
DJI Stephen - thanks for your opinion. I will fly mostly in the green locations or close to golden hours. I got a bunch of bad experience with Phantom 3 Standard, I can't get back my money back and I can't operate my quadcopter due to SIGNAL LOST issues. So I decide to give one more time trust credit for DJI and I want to order Mavic Air. White color of drone is good when I flied on green background but in the sky aspecially on white sky it disapear completly. Thats why I'm curious opinion of users. Mavic air is much smaller than PH3 Std and I'm not sure how much is visible on different background.

Isn't the top 'panel' and the antennae the only bits that come in the different colors? Mine is white, but unless I look at it from the top, it is black as can be.
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

P3KoYoT Posted at 5-18 08:54
DJI Stephen - thanks for your opinion. I will fly mostly in the green locations or close to golden hours. I got a bunch of bad experience with Phantom 3 Standard, I can't get back my money back and I can't operate my quadcopter due to SIGNAL LOST issues. So I decide to give one more time trust credit for DJI and I want to order Mavic Air. White color of drone is good when I flied on green background but in the sky aspecially on white sky it disapear completly. Thats why I'm curious opinion of users. Mavic air is much smaller than PH3 Std and I'm not sure how much is visible on different background.

You are very much welcome P3KoYoT. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2019-5-19
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine's red and it's fairly easy to see against a blue sky or white clouds.
2019-5-19
Use props
Mavicair-HANS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78773 ft
Netherlands

I picked a RED one.
I read on a forum the births attacking a drone. In nature red stands for "danger" so in my mind I hope to believe that birds won't attack by drone :-)
2019-5-19
Use props
djiuser_1dm5vDOJHBtV
lvl.1

United States

I went white for heat dissipation
2019-5-19
Use props
dkavanagh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55413 ft
United States

In the distance, it's a dark dot, no matter the color. I got red because white was out of stock at the time, but I do like the red.
2019-5-19
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Poland

XplorerDinesh Posted at 5-19 05:02
Personally i would recommend you to go for white , if not then red... i would advice you to stay away from black, because of the following reasons:
a)  You cant notice anything related to color once it takes off irrespective of any color that you chose and after a few meters high, the only color that is visible is black color of the bottom part of the drone and the battery. So it doesn't make any sense, whichever color you chose.

XplorerDinesh - Thank you very much. I appreciate your effort for such a comment. It's helpful not only for me.
2019-5-19
Use props
XplorerDinesh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

P3KoYoT Posted at 5-19 19:44
XplorerDinesh - Thank you very much. I appreciate your effort for such a comment. It's helpful not only for me.

You are welcome
2019-5-19
Use props
andydoesmavic
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hey,

I myself I would pick a white/red one. They are the easiest colors to pick out just in case if you lost it after crashing the drone somewhere remote. However, if you want to go to another level of customization, you can always choose to pick up a skin online, they are pretty cheap. I have one myself on my Mavic Air.

Hope this helps!

Andy
2019-5-20
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

you can even get different skins for the MA off Amazon or Ebay.

2019-5-20
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Poland

andydoesmavic & Scotty Shep - >Thanks I didn't know that skins are available for MA.
2019-5-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flame Red looks cool
2019-5-21
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Not black. On a sunny day, the black case gets very hot.
2019-5-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vofas Posted at 5-21 02:09
Not black. On a sunny day, the black case gets very hot.

I had the white one before I sold it last year but if I were to buy it again I think I'd chose the red
2019-5-21
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Poland

Vofas; A J -> Thanks, I thinking about RED one, if I get bored I will look for skin as Scotty Shep suggest.
2019-5-22
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

White.
Then buy multiple skins of various colours and stick them on there. Mine is yellow with purple and black swirls at the moment.....
2019-5-22
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Poland

Charissa Posted at 5-22 04:00
White.
Then buy multiple skins of various colours and stick them on there. Mine is yellow with purple and black swirls at the moment.....

I thinking about Yellow and black strips like wasp or hornet
2019-5-23
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

P3KoYoT Posted at 5-23 00:05
I thinking about Yellow and black strips like wasp or hornet

Awesome. Would look really cool.
2019-5-23
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Poland

.... and it happend I got my own Mavic Air .... below there is my first impression.
I choose FLAME RED, but it doesn't mater what color it is aspecially after a 100m so all of you were right. This A/C is so small. I like the features of Mavic Air
2019-5-24
Use props
PappyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 343816 ft
United States

I got red, I thought it would be easier to find if I had an issue, (crash) which turned out to be true. As for being able to see it flying I use aftermarket strobe lights mounted to the battery and on top.
2019-5-29
Use props
wjkrysak
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I favor the red. Looks good in the sky, contrast, but with any distance I think there is little difference.
My brother has a white version. And I gotta say Red is the way to go. As others have said, they also sell skins to improve your choices
2019-5-29
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I would advise against White, as my White Mavic Air has been attacked by birds a lot more than my Grey Mavic 2 Pro.
2019-5-29
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

fans273d858a Posted at 5-29 21:25
I would advise against White, as my White Mavic Air has been attacked by birds a lot more than my Grey Mavic 2 Pro.

The only birds that did not attack my black Mavic Air are the sparrows.
2019-5-30
Use props
djiuser_iCby8PEY0bYZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26175 ft

United States

Blue. Definitely Blue. Oh, wait.
2019-5-31
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

How is color done? Automotive acylic sprayed?
Or color is dye within material itself?
Nobody does custom shop automotive acrylic spray?
I do not believe owners truly treasure stock given freedom to do so without charge?
2019-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules