Motion Time lapse wont save to phone
6503 19 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Sweden

Hello.

I noticed this the first time I tried Motion Timelapse on my Android phone (note 8) the other day.

I had it run for 10 minutes, but after it was done I could never find the video. I guessed I did something wrong and moved on.

Today I was going to shoot some stuff, some of the material needed to be a motion time lapse. Knowing that I did fail before I tried it out in my home yesterday, just a short recording and it went well. Today I recorded M-time laps and it wasn't saved to my device.  I've read that some people have experienced the phone going to a black screen, this is not the issue. I can see it recording all the way to the end.

This is very sad as I'm doing a video about what you can do with an Osmo Mobile 2 together with a simple phone. Now, this video will not be as powerful as I imagined it to be.

I have about 30gb free space on my phone. I do not use sd-card. Android version 9 on Note 8.
2019-5-18
Use props
IhBzhG0Xools
New
Singapore

Have you tried using the DJI Go app? It might be stores in the apps gallery instead
2019-5-20
Use props
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Sweden

IhBzhG0Xools Posted at 5-20 10:27
Have you tried using the DJI Go app? It might be stores in the apps gallery instead

Yes, I'm using the Dji Go App.  I reinstalled the app today, and it seemed to work after that. Did 6 short test recordings and they all were a success. Then I headed to town to shoot the sunset. Did a 30 minutes recording set to every 2 seconds. It did not save on my phone. Did 2 shorter versions after that, (the sun had already set) and they were saved.  But nothing I can really use. This attempt was a waste of time.

There is something wrong with the Dji Go app and (maybe) Note 8 using Android version 9. I am doing a promotion video about Video Content and what you can do with your cell phone using an Osmo Mobile 2. So far it does not look very good.
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuser_IRjdLAmKsNjx
lvl.1
South Korea

Found any fixes yet? It's frustrating to have a gimbal that cant save files
2019-6-27
Use props
djiuser_UQMyMoZ1dvFM
New

Have you solved your problem? I Have a galaxy s8 coupling with osmo mobile 3, and I'm facing the same problem as yours. I don't know where to ask for supports.
2019-9-23
Use props
djiuser_Eeq99rH6wsLe
New
Flight distance : 526824 ft
Australia

I have the same issue with Samsung galaxy s8 and osmo mobile 3 (mimo app).
Please let me know if you have a solution.
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_OCWeKeoALZ36
New
Italy

Same issue here with iphone 11 pro and Dji Mimo app. Any solution?
2019-12-7
Use props
CAPATAIN.1962
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_OCWeKeoALZ36 Posted at 2019-12-7 08:51
Same issue here with iphone 11 pro and Dji Mimo app. Any solution?

I have a Galaxy S8 and Osmo mobile 3 motion timelapses did work but no more. Everything else works fine
2020-1-9
Use props
CAPATAIN.1962
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had the same problem with motion timelapse but after some experimentation i cured it. Unfortunately I had to do a factory reset and just load the DJI Mimo app. After restoring my backup the problem returns so it must be a setting or an app clashing.
2020-1-20
Use props
Chili Bu
lvl.1
Canada

only a few months into using my Osmo 3 with a Samsung A8 and what I have found is that it is hit or miss with the app saving your motion time lapse,
frustrating to say the least when your attempting to capture something special,
2020-1-27
Use props
Surat
New
Thailand

720p is okay  but 1080p somehow had the problem.
also try not to "Battery Optimization" for the APP (Android)
2020-2-6
Use props
djiuser_OVTs11AGuEI2
New
Iran

Its only about battery optimization in android
Android put dji app to sleep and motion timelapse more than 20 min can not be saved
You can solve this issue easily by touching screen
2020-2-11
Use props
djiuser_OVTs11AGuEI2
New
Iran

Its only about battery optimization in android
Android put dji app to sleep and motion timelapse more than 20 min can not be saved
You can solve this issue easily by touching screen
2020-2-11
Use props
Putet
lvl.1
Poland

Surat Posted at 2-6 00:58
720p is okay  but 1080p somehow had the problem.
also try not to "Battery Optimization" for the APP (Android)

Hello, right now I facing exactly the same issue, someone know how resolve this problem?
my phone is: Samsung S8+
2020-7-5
Use props
RIEGORF
New
French Polynesia

Hello, same issue here with note 8 and Dji Mimo app. Any solution?
2020-7-12
Use props
Adam Woj
New

Switzerland

hi same problem here. samsung note 8 and milo app. everything updated, memory card 256 gb, new. works otherwise fine. very frustrating not to be able to save the time lapses!
2020-7-16
Use props
Adam Woj
New

Switzerland

problem partly solved: samsung note 8, mimo app: changing from 1080p to 720p solved the issue. I contacted dji support, they promised to look deeply in this issue
2020-7-16
Use props
nicovis
lvl.3
Italy

Same problem here with Note 8 Samsung.
2020-7-18
Use props
djiuser_NuzNgooGDFkQ
lvl.1

Poland

Adam Woj Posted at 2020-7-16 07:12
problem partly solved: samsung note 8, mimo app: changing from 1080p to 720p solved the issue. I contacted dji support, they promised to look deeply in this issue

Cześć Adam.
Mam ten sam problem. Wlasnie zakupiłem Osmo Mobile 4 i mam S10+. Nie zapisuje mi timelapse, to samo mam na S8. Zmiana rozdzielczości nic nie daje. Znalazłeś jakieś rozwiązanie tego problemu??
Pozdrawiam
2021-2-9
Use props
djiuser_wHeycQ0us7ae
New
Germany

Any update on this issue from DJI side?
I have a OM5, Galaxy S8 and use the Mimo App. Motion lapse only works with 720p. 1080p just does not save it.
2022-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules