DJI increases prices following tariff hike
3133 17 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

Let the buyer beware! A considerable price jump for the SMART Controller and other products if you were thinking of purchasing. Get in quick if you are considering as some stores may not have switched their prices to reflect the increase  Dji -TARIFF INCREASE PRICING IMPACT
2019-5-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This only affects the US - it's still £579 in the UK
2019-5-19
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Makes a change for something to be more expensive in the US than the UK - albeit only £9
2019-5-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's probably just the additional taxes that the president of the USA decided to inflict upon his people.

No doubt there will be knock on effects for everybody else at some point.

2019-5-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

looks like I will keep using my iPad
2019-5-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I totally get the Trump voters.....
(not)
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Celsus. Thank you for sharing this informative information with us and thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 5-19 00:37
This only affects the US - it's still £579 in the UK

As it should be.   (Not trying to start a fight.).   Glad U.K. has not been effected. Tariffs imposed by U.S. on goods coming into U.S., should not cause prices to be raised elsewhere.

2019-5-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-19 08:51
As it should be.   (Not trying to start a fight.).   Glad U.K. has not been effected. Tariffs imposed by U.S. on goods coming into U.S., should not cause prices to be raised elsewhere.

Well, I'm sure Brexit will lead to its own problems in time with regards to import/export duties but thats a separate state of affairs to what is presently happening between the US and China. Hopefully things will be levelled out sooner rather than later in both camps.
2019-5-19
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-19 00:37
This only affects the US - it's still £579 in the UK

Makes a welcome change to paying more for products sold in the UK
2019-5-19
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The post as rightly pointed out was to draw our fellow US drone flyers attention to the price change and not to cast political aspirations. I will let everyone draw their own conclusions as to who pays
2019-5-19
Use props
hyper1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85394 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-19 06:31
I totally get the Trump voters.....
(not)

I am one of them and support him 100%.
2019-5-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hyper1 Posted at 5-21 10:58
I am one of them and support him 100%.

From what I know (as an outsider of course), it does not seem a smart move.
But, I also don't know how you can push China in any other way to allow for more of 'our' products into their economy.
2019-5-21
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

hyper1 Posted at 5-21 10:58
I am one of them and support him 100%.

100% is right. There is a reason for the tariff hike. Our president is about America first, sorry everyone, get over it and worry about the issues in your own countries.
2019-5-21
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

ny300z Posted at 5-21 11:33
100% is right. There is a reason for the tariff hike. Our president is about America first, sorry everyone, get over it and worry about the issues in your own countries.

Did not vote for the guy and don't care much for him, but we will see who will enjoy this bitter fruit.
2019-5-21
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>

Once the tariffs were pushed out by our delusional US president (I didn't vote for him), DJI simply just pushed those additional tariff cost to its US Customers. Almost every product i have seen has a near 15% price hike. Luckily i purchased all the stuff i wanted before it went into effect. However, all this will most likely do is slow, or deter, people from purchases additional DJI products until the tariff, or price hike, is removed. I've already heard many drone pilots state they won't buy another drone until things change or trump is done screwing with the tariffs. It's just ashamed because the decision really hurts US Consumers as well as DJI sales within the US. DJI of course is not the only company being impacted by the tariffs. It literally impacts everything from the affected countries as well as the US consumers who love and buy the products.
2019-9-15
Use props
TBoyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31345 ft
  • >>>

Maxi3D Posted at 5-21 12:53
Did not vote for the guy and don't care much for him, but we will see who will enjoy this bitter fruit.

Im with ya there.. I personally can't wait until he is out of office and am just totally blown away that he hasn't been impeached yet. His last asinine comment blurting out "Where is my favorite dictator?" wow, cant believe him...
2019-9-15
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Apologies for the belated response. Any tariff applied by whoever in any country ultimately leads to the consumer paying more as result of those costs being passed down the line to the last person in the food chain. The economic tax theory being fewer sales or transactions whilst retaining tax revenue. I hope a less devisive politics climate prevails for everyones sake.
2020-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules