LOST PHANTOM 4
2638 30 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7a2e228
lvl.2
Flight distance : 946407 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I’ve lost (yesterday) my phantom 4. Last information about my drone was like this ⬇️
Flight altitude was 105 meters , speed 39.4 km/h , distance 123 meters , battery 62% ,  no obstacle , no  flight restriction alert , return to home mode was on. Suddenly aircraft disconnected and never returned.
I checked the last position of drone (from find my drone) and searched the area 3 times but no drone
Please help me
2019-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I'm really sorry to know that you have lost your DJI Phantom 4 on your previous flight. Since this incident happened, I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thanks for understanding.
2019-5-19
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sorry to hear you have lost your drone it hurts so much do you have the logs? maybe that can help i do feel for you
2019-5-19
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen i have sent you messages on my post please reply
2019-5-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.  If you'd like to upload your log to this site and paste the link back here, somebody may be able to help you.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2019-5-19
Use props
fansd7a2e228
lvl.2
Bosnia and Herzegovina

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 07:37
Hello and good day. I'm really sorry to know that you have lost your DJI Phantom 4 on your previous flight. Since this incident happened, I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thanks for understanding.

Thank you for your answer. I will contact you as soon as possible
2019-5-19
Use props
fansd7a2e228
lvl.2
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Wizzokartworld Posted at 5-19 08:00
sorry to hear you have lost your drone it hurts so much do you have the logs? maybe that can help i do feel for you

Thank you for your answer. I have flight record , is it enough ? if not , how do i find the logs ?
2019-5-19
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

fansd7a2e228 Posted at 5-19 10:30
Thank you for your answer. I have flight record , is it enough ? if not , how do i find the logs ?

Go here and it will tell you exactly how to do it...https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansd7a2e228 Posted at 5-19 10:26
Thank you for your answer. I will contact you as soon as possible

You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further.
2019-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansd7a2e228 Posted at 5-19 10:30

That's great that you have the flight record but if you want help you are going to have to post the data so others can see it.
2019-5-20
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-19 08:21
Sorry for your loss.  If you'd like to upload your log to this site and paste the link back here, somebody may be able to help you.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logViewer/XJKEUCSZSUD3S1CQER1I/
2019-5-21
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

This is my flight log

2019-5-21
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

This is my flight log

2019-5-21
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

Labroides Posted at 5-20 15:40
That's great that you have the flight record but if you want help you are going to have to post the data so others can see it.

This is my flight log

2019-5-21
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Embassy Saoud Arabic security nearby!...
2019-5-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Your telemetry went crazy.  Full of corrupt data.   No telling where it may have come down.
2019-5-21
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Very surprised that DJi geofencing system even let you take off at that location ..?But checking their geo map it seems to be no problemo..., sorry for the lost of your P4!
2019-5-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

My guess is your AC hit the tower and got stuck somewhere up there in an inverted position with the motors spinning.  Maybe in that space you can see 3/4 up?

When the DJI drones are inverted and the motors continue to spin, the speed on the log goes whacky.  It'll read all sorts of stuff including speeds over 100 mph.  

MHO

Edit:  Actually the speed is whacky throughout the flight, so ... I don't know how to explain that.  But looking at the flight path and the AC's position relative to the tower and the homepoint, I'm now guessing it RTH'd into the tower when it lost signal and then got stuck up there, or it RTH'd into the tower and fell to the ground. It probably RTH'd into the tower and fell to the ground.  The data is not on the log because you lost signal when you went behind the tower.  This similar scenario has been seen many times on the forum - flying behind hills, flying behind mountains, flying behind buildings, flying behind castles, flying behind towers.  It's a classic error of new pilots.  Sorry.

MHO #2

Sorry for your loss.

2019-5-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight too, all data seems correct.If your drone hit something than the last recorded data must show some weird pitch and roll angles, no sign of hitting an object.
(of it did hiot an object and at such impact that the telemetry was killed instantly...)
So i have no idea what happend.
Mayby your DAT file for this flight will tell you more.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2019-5-21
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

JMR58 Posted at 5-21 11:42
Embassy Saoud Arabic security nearby!...

I asked them to check their property , they were helpful and they said nothing found in their property , i also searched the last position of the drone 3 times and lastly there were no flight restriction alert before takeoff and during the flight
2019-5-21
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-21 12:11
My guess is your AC hit the tower and got stuck somewhere up there in an inverted position with the motors spinning.  Maybe in that space you can see 3/4 up?

[view_image]

I thought that too and searched the possible area , it was easy because there were an open car parking place right under the building. The speed was 39.4 km/h , i can see it in the flight record
Lastly there’s an obstacle sensor in front of the drone !
2019-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KTL Posted at 5-21 13:00
I thought that too and searched the possible area , it was easy because there were an open car parking place right under the building. The speed was 39.4 km/h , i can see it in the flight record

Your flight data shows that you lost signal when you flew behind the tower.
Obstacle Avoidance sensors can be confused by glass or reflective surfaces.
There's a good chance that your drone crashed into the tower on RTH after losing signal.
2019-5-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

KTL Posted at 5-21 12:50
I asked them to check their property , they were helpful and they said nothing found in their property , i also searched the last position of the drone 3 times and lastly there were no flight restriction alert before takeoff and during the flight

They couldn't find Mr Khashoggi after he entered one of their buildings either.
2019-5-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

KTL Posted at 5-21 13:00

Okay.  I think we've already determined the indicated speed is all over the map for whatever reason.  So I'm not sure if we can conclude what the actual speed was, or why it has anything to do with the missing Phantom.  

Also, I suspect the obstacle sensor doesn't work very well as it approaches glass or mirror-like surfaces.  

It seems to me if the drone decided to just fly off in a random direction, you would have picked it up again on your controller.  The fact that you didn't is another clue that it crashed on the other side of the tower.  

We can guess and surmise all sorts of stuff, but it seems likely it crashed on the other side of the tower.  The other thing is, as I said earlier, this is a scenario we have seen over and over and over on the forums.  Bottom line is - you made a critical pilot error by flying behind an object which was higher than your programmable minimum RTH height.  
2019-5-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-21 16:00
They couldn't find Mr Khashoggi after he entered one of their buildings either.

Okay, sorry, but this is the funniest comment I've read online in at least a month...
2019-5-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 5-21 16:00
They couldn't find Mr Khashoggi after he entered one of their buildings either.

2019-5-21
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

Mark The Droner Posted at 5-21 16:02
Okay.  I think we've already determined the indicated speed is all over the map for whatever reason.  So I'm not sure if we can conclude what the actual speed was, or why it has anything to do with the missing Phantom.  

Also, I suspect the obstacle sensor doesn't work very well as it approaches glass or mirror-like surfaces.  

Thank you for your comment but i'm a very experienced pilot. i was using this drone since 2016 (no accident) in 14 different countries , in very different scenarios (such as 25-30 knot wind speed , 2000 meters take off altitude , 90 km/s speed..etc)
flight time was right after the sunset so there were no sunlight reflection from the building (windows are dark green)  , also there were enough light for the drone's obstacle avoidence system (otherwise there is a warning as you should now better)
maybe there was a obstacle avoidence system failure , i don't know , even so , as i mentioned before i searched the area 3 times.
also as you should know if there is a normal disconnection there is a warning , you can see it in flight records.
2019-5-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

KTL Posted at 5-22 00:37
Thank you for your comment but i'm a very experienced pilot. i was using this drone since 2016 (no accident) in 14 different countries , in very different scenarios (such as 25-30 knot wind speed , 2000 meters take off altitude , 90 km/s speed..etc)
flight time was right after the sunset so there were no sunlight reflection from the building (windows are dark green)  , also there were enough light for the drone's obstacle avoidence system (otherwise there is a warning as you should now better)
maybe there was a obstacle avoidence system failure , i don't know , even so , as i mentioned before i searched the area 3 times.

Sir, I think one of the things you haven't come to grips with is, once you lose your telemetry signal due to it being blocked by an obstacle, there is no valid flight data on your app or in your log, even while the AC is still connected to the controller and flying happily.  

Here is what happens

1)  Everything is fine.

2)  AC flies behind obstacle.

3)  FPV/telemetery is lost.  Log ends.  AC is still connected via control signal and is still flying.  

4)  AC loses control signal.

5)  RTH

If you had set your RTH height correctly, everything would be fine.  But you didn't.  That's an error.  

You asked for help.  Several people have offered their opinions.  

You seem unwilling to accept the evidence.  We've seen this same scenario repeated many times over the years in various forums.  The conclusion is always the same - the missing or crashed aircraft is due to pilot error.  

2019-5-22
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

Flying near an embassy could have seen suspicious by the embassy. Hope they didn’t seize the drone for the security purposes:/
2019-5-22
Use props
KTL
lvl.2
Turkey

Eralp SAYGIN Posted at 5-22 07:27
Flying near an embassy could have seen suspicious by the embassy. Hope they didn’t seize the drone for the security purposes:/

Kendilerine sordum , yardimci oldular ama onlarda yoktu. Yine de ben onlardan supheleniyorum. Belki bir cesit sistemleri vardi bilemiyorum ama ne ucustan once ne de ucus siradinda  ucusa yasak uyarisi hic gelmedi
2019-5-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

KTL Posted at 5-22 08:47
Kendilerine sordum , yardimci oldular ama onlarda yoktu. Yine de ben onlardan supheleniyorum. Belki bir cesit sistemleri vardi bilemiyorum ama ne ucustan once ne de ucus siradinda  ucusa yasak uyarisi hic gelmedi

Nasıl bastırılıyorsun?
2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules