P3P Critical Power Level
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlcronejr
lvl.1
United States

When my battery gets to a critical level, 10%, I want it to "return to home" but instead it lands exactly where it is. This could be an issue if I was over a pond at exactly 10%.
2015-6-7
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

If the phantom is within 60 feet of you.  it should land...WWith the rth function...
2015-6-7
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dont think yuo want to be over a pond at 10%. When the battery gets to 10% its auto lands no matter where it is.. You can keep the throttle on and navigate a little though.
autoland2.png
autoland.png

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I make sure my p3 is on the ground before it gets to 20%   If you read about lipo batteries all the manufacturers say do not exceed using more than 80% of the batteries capacity, meaning you should always leave 20% in the battery..  If you take it below 20% allot that battery will not last very long....  Plus it gets real hot 145 degrees if you take it down to 10% While flying all around and that heat is another thing that will kill the batteries life span..  And this applies to any and all lipo type batteries. Also every 15 to 20 charge cycles you should drain the battery down to 8% or until the smart battery turns itself off..  You do it by flying around down to 20% and then landing and letting the motors idle while it's on the ground..  That will allow you to drain the battery with a small amp load which will keep it from getting real hot when it's real low on capacity like it would if your flying around the entire time..  The p3 manual also states this in the use and care section of the smart battery....
2015-6-7
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-8 05:14
I make sure my p3 is on the ground before it gets to 20%   If you read about lipo batteries all the  ...

I wonder....

About 6 - 8 months ago, the remote control plane bug bit me. Didn't take too long after that - the quad bug bit me. I'm a nerd, suffer from OCD, probably anal-retentive as well - I just love to research. Browsed the web like a fiend, studying about spread spectrum radios, old systems, new systems, FPV, you name it.

Quickly came across lots of information and discussion on LiPo batteries. Figured the smart thing to do was read and heed. I realize many, many people use the manuals as paperweights. But I digress.

Is it possible that the Intelligent Flight Battery is so well packaged and presented that people just don't realize it's still a LiPo battery? It certainly doesn't look like any LiPo battery I've used before getting my P3. But it still needs to be treated like a LiPo and I shudder when I read what some of these people are doing with their batteries.
2015-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules