Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware update and screen delay
322 8 5-20 01:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Captain
South Korea

I heard there was a firmware update for action. (Initial update at activation may be?)
Is it improved screen delay when you use rock steady and dewarp?

I tested few action in store and they had at least a second delay when 4K rock stead,dewarp.
5-20 01:17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Tide, the delay/lag is mainly due to RockSteady stabilization technology consuming a large number of computing resources. We will continue to optimize and will release new firmware in the future. Appreciate your support and attention.
5-21 00:36
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6863666 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should only have about a 1/4 second delay in 4k with RockSteady
5-21 06:43
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

DJI Susan Posted at 5-21 00:36
Hi Tide, the delay/lag is mainly due to RockSteady stabilization technology consuming a large number of computing resources. We will continue to optimize and will release new firmware in the future. Appreciate your support and attention.

Thanks Susan,

That is good to know.
5-21 07:07
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

KerryG Posted at 5-21 06:43
You should only have about a 1/4 second delay in 4k with RockSteady

Yeah I think it should be 1/4 second delay normal but 3 devices I tested was clearly more than a second delay.
Cause I filmed action's screen and my hand in front of action to check the how long of delay is.

So it is great they will improve it with firmware update.

5-21 07:09
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tide Posted at 5-21 07:07
Thanks Susan,

That is good to know.

My pleasure. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
5-23 02:12
Use props
littleBang
lvl.1
Canada

Hello DJI Team!

Love the product but this delay is sooooo not ok! Like... its 2019... there is'nt even a delay like that on facetime... and mostly what I am here to say is, the solution is super easy:

Just make that the screen shows the image PRE stabilization instead of POSTStabilzation (you can crop it a little to give the real ratio that will be the result!)

But yea... we dont realy care if the footage on our mini screen is suuuper smooth... what we DOOO care about is to not feel like we are holding a product of 1996, which causes problems when filming fast paced things .... (kinda like, what an action camera is for or other stuff...)... I honestly love the product soo much but am already considering selling it back cuz I just cant work with that... so I hope the firmware update comes fast!!!

thank you so much. you team are awesome!
5-28 10:30
Use props
littleBang
lvl.1
Canada

Also a question: Would it be possible in the next update to have an option to Choose which screen turns on automaticaly when powering on?   I would personaly much prefer if the small screen turned on by default... I can understand that is not everyone's preference... but I am sure others would share that preference... and mostly again, its pretty simple on your team's end to implement.   thank youuu!
5-28 10:33
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4053873 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 5-21 07:09
Yeah I think it should be 1/4 second delay normal but 3 devices I tested was clearly more than a second delay.
Cause I filmed action's screen and my hand in front of action to check the how long of delay is.

It’s pretty quick and unlikely to throw you, has it improved, well it’s much better than The GoPro diehards on you tube are making out ,
5-28 11:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules