o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 7-17 07:25
I like that test.

Trying it, I found about .35s not recording and then about .65 when recording. ( using the same 4K, 60 as above )

After latest update to V01.04...…. I'm seeing a delay of 0.58s in 4k @ 30 fps RS & Dewarp on, But a 0.36s delay in 4k @ 60 fps RS & Dewarp on, both while recording. I'll have to check the bit rates on the saved files :-)

Edit:- Both files saved at about the 100MB VBR :-)
2019-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 7-17 07:39
As a quick update, tried the new firmware, recording delay looks similar at about 0.62s.

Out of curiosity, which memory card are you using, I have a Sandisk Extreme 64MB U3 V30 class.
2019-7-17
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 7-17 07:52
Out of curiosity, which memory card are you using, I have a Sandik Extreme 64MB U3 V30 class.

Exactly the same card as you.   Just realised DW was off - but I would imagine if anything that would make it quicker, not slower.

Will be interesting to see what other values people are getting.

2019-7-17
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Yes no fix for LCD lag in the just released firmware.
2019-7-17
Use props
BobMutchSD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74623 ft
United States

peiter Posted at 7-11 04:42
I have been contemplating this delay and screen switching issue.

Regarding screen switch, it is strange that you can use camera, have LCD time out and go dark, and you can wake it up again and not get a delay / stop in recording.

Right off the sensor would mean that the screen wouldn't reflect desired settings like exposure and white balance. If RockSteady processes before these adjustments, I can imagine it would be tougher to get a screen feed that retains the settings without stabilization delay.

I would imagine, from the presences of heatsink, and metal lens cover, that the processor is working  near its limits, with 4k and RockSteady both on.
2019-7-17
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Rock steady are post processing, it should not have anything to do with the sensor / put any load on the sensor.
But you are right, people would probably like to gauge their manual settings before pressing record, though i think most probably never leave auto mode.
Maybe just "tear" the image feed for the LCD out before rock steady, but after other image related settings.
Though in my perspective it seem LCD screens on many a little gadget have pretty saturated colors, so what ever i do think as a photo / video guy you will have to take some leaps of faith, and correct the worst mistakes in post.

I do think this LCD lag are a high priority task for the FW team, it should be i think, but so far they have not found a work around.
I am not 100% sure what sensor is used in the OA, if i knew it would be easy to look up its technical spec sheet.
2019-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

peiter Posted at 7-17 12:20
Rock steady are post processing, it should not have anything to do with the sensor / put any load on the sensor.
But you are right, people would probably like to gauge their manual settings before pressing record, though i think most probably never leave auto mode.
Maybe just "tear" the image feed for the LCD out before rock steady, but after other image related settings.

It might make life easier for users if dji announced they were working on delay and future FW update will see it improved.
Yes I believe your correct when you say they are working on it, but confirmation would go a long way to insure users that this product will become what they hope it will be .
2019-7-17
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-17 13:36
It might make life easier for users if dji announced they were working on delay and future FW update will see it improved.
Yes I believe your correct when you say they are working on it, but confirmation would go a long way to insure users that this product will become what they hope it will be .

I don't mean to be a downer (well, maybe just a bit) but I would not expect any public answer on the LAG issue.  They can't promise that they will solve it and they probably won't admit that it might not be solved.
2019-7-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sunlit Posted at 7-15 10:22
The issue I mentioned was the lag on the display, but it obviously cannot be observed on the recorded video file! Do you realize that?
I have made a video with 3 big issues Osmo Action have - https://youtu.be/qS0_EaJAe0M
please watch and forward to engineers if necessary! =)

Hi sunlit, for the questions you mentioned in the video, the first has been explained in 2# and we'll keep optimizing the experience. The second question has been forwarded to our engineers for review, if there is any update, we'll release on our website as soon as possible. For the third, the Osmo Action eliminates the flicker of the light source by adjusting the shutter speed and frame rate. However, it can only meet the light source of some mainstream frequencies, such as fluorescent lamps with 50Hz or 60Hz flickering frequency, energy-saving lamps, etc. But it can not effectively suppress flicker for some non-standard frequency light sources.
Some of the lights have unstable flashing frequency. For this part of the light source, there is no way to filter the anti-flicker function. It is recommended to manually adjust the shutter time and frame rate.
2019-7-22
Use props
sunlit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133533 ft
Estonia

DJI Susan Posted at 7-22 03:09
Hi sunlit, for the questions you mentioned in the video, the first has been explained in 2# and we'll keep optimizing the experience. The second question has been forwarded to our engineers for review, if there is any update, we'll release on our website as soon as possible. For the third, the Osmo Action eliminates the flicker of the light source by adjusting the shutter speed and frame rate. However, it can only meet the light source of some mainstream frequencies, such as fluorescent lamps with 50Hz or 60Hz flickering frequency, energy-saving lamps, etc. But it can not effectively suppress flicker for some non-standard frequency light sources.
Some of the lights have unstable flashing frequency. For this part of the light source, there is no way to filter the anti-flicker function. It is recommended to manually adjust the shutter time and frame rate.

Thank you for forwarding the issues. I would like to add that anti flicker really needs some optimization too. There is an important point in that flickering under 50Hz mostly appears while camera is moving and the ROck Steady is doing its job. If the camera is held stationery most of the flicker is gone.
Second point is that anti flicker function works MUCH WORSE for 50Hz lights in general. Most of the footage I see from the guys from USA shooting indoors is flicker free. I myself constantly face flicker issues in Europe.
2019-7-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

sunlit Posted at 7-26 12:22
Thank you for forwarding the issues. I would like to add that anti flicker really needs some optimization too. There is an important point in that flickering under 50Hz mostly appears while camera is moving and the ROck Steady is doing its job. If the camera is held stationery most of the flicker is gone.
Second point is that anti flicker function works MUCH WORSE for 50Hz lights in general. Most of the footage I see from the guys from USA shooting indoors is flicker free. I myself constantly face flicker issues in Europe.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll keep optimizing the experience in the future, you may manually adjust the shutter time and frame rate for now.
2019-7-27
Use props
djiuser_wIfxdoNZt2WI
New

India

Dji Osmo action still has the screen delay on 60fps and rocksteady on.. will it get fixed shortly?
2021-5-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

FW 1.10 first thing I noticed.  OA2 may still have it
2021-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules