update issue with OSMO Action
6032 18 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AsherZZZ
lvl.1
Japan

I picked up mine on the release day. But unfortunately I have trouble when update its firmware.A  message appear on app says 1.02 firmware available, but when I try to update it to 1.02, it keep failing at 50%.
Tried it 10 times  reboot, reinstall the app, no improvement.
Does anyone meet similar situation? should I send back to DJI?

2019-5-20
Use props
AsherZZZ
lvl.1
Japan

Error is 0x000400F2
2019-5-20
Use props
AsherZZZ
lvl.1
Japan

AsherZZZ Posted at 5-20 04:29
Error is 0x000400F2

967CF5F0-9AB0-42CF-A4F9-628154B748E4.png
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Does the camera have an automatic display shutoff to save power?  Can it be changed?  

This kind of error has also happened on the DJI Smart Controller for its drones.  In SOME cases increasing the timeout has allowed things to complete - no guarantee.  
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

50% is where the download is finished.  The next part transfers the new firmware to the Osmo Action and makes the changes.  Did you make sure that you had a good connection between your phone and Osmo Action?

My process when smooth using an iPhone 10s Max and the most current iOs Mimo app.
2019-5-20
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try switching to 2.4ghz wifi connection on the OA side.
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Went fine.  Yes, after the 50%, it needed to have INSTALL tapped.  It also told me I needed an sd-card to continue.  Added that and it completed, although a bit hung at 75%.  On the sd-card, after the fact is the xxxx.bin update file.  I see in the manual that using the card is an accepted way to upgrade.  So, I guess, that in the future you may be able to download the firmware, place it on the card and upgrade that way.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi AsherZZZ, sorry for the late response. It is recommended to download the firmware from DJI official website and copy it to your SD card, then turn on the Osmo Action to update: https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads thanks!
2019-5-21
Use props
mattdt83
New
Flight distance : 418671 ft
United Kingdom

I've had this same issue. Managed to update manually but still unable to use Mimo app.
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_UTjIlbGcIZ16
Second Officer
Denmark

Same here, after initial connection with mini app ( went just fine ) then i DL new FW, but then screen timed out or something, and since then i have not been able to connect to the camera again.
It just say connection failed, make sure camera are on and have phone close to it ( which it of course are )
I have tried to reset camera to factory default several times + delete app / reinstall & update app and what else i could find relating to the camera in wifi and Bluetooth on my phone.
I have now updated FW the old way by putting it on the memory card and boot the camera, but still not able to connect the 2 again, i can get to where it require that 4 digit code and press accept to that on the camera, but after that i can not connect.
It is rare i use the phone both for phone stuff and like this with another gadget, but i would like to be able to do that if i should be so unlucky and need that one day in the future.
2019-5-21
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

So i just got my grey goo going, and of course it is the android wifi gadget bug, just put your phone in airplane mode or turn off mobile data, and then at least in my case BINGO and connection.
Really annoying google haven't gotten that right yet, it is a years old issue that only a select few seem to be able to get working.
2019-5-21
Use props
mattdt83
New
Flight distance : 418671 ft
United Kingdom

peiter Posted at 5-21 02:24
So i just got my grey goo going, and of course it is the android wifi gadget bug, just put your phone in airplane mode or turn off mobile data, and then at least in my case BINGO and connection.
Really annoying google haven't gotten that right yet, it is a years old issue that only a select few seem to be able to get working.

Got it, worked thanks!
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_nWXIs8q3H7t2
lvl.1
Philippines

Hello. I had my osmo action a few a days ago. and like you, I immediately activated it and updated via dji mimo. the update was succesfull. But after the update I lost connectivity and the wireless connectivity name and password is now blank, reset also fails, and when I take a video or picture she hangs.. please help
2019-5-26
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I kept failing until I downloaded it to  an SD card.
2019-5-26
Use props
AsherZZZ
lvl.1
Japan

Thanks for all of your help!

Finally I could not make wifi update work.
SD card update work fine.
Here is the found:
After 50% fail, the SD card file looks like this:

When I download firmware  to SD card , it has different file name

Maybe this is the reason
2019-5-28
Use props
digitaly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5128 ft

United Kingdom

peiter Posted at 2019-5-21 02:24
Really annoying google haven't gotten that right yet, it is a years old issue that only a select few seem to be able to get working.

2020-12-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Did you manually update the firmware fw v01.10.00.40, same issue  or completed?
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_E8krp46lZ75O
New

Japan

Fishycomics Posted at 12-27 03:36
Did you manually update the firmware fw v01.10.00.40, same issue  or completed?

On my 2nd Osmo action, I got same issue and had to manually copy the firmware to sd card to complete it (FW V01.10.00.40).
My old Osmo action did not give this issue on updating to 01.10.00.40, even it had this trouble few years ago.
Not sure what is the difference.
2020-12-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If it's important to you:    downgrade and retry. even on another phone. if it causes an issue on another phone leads to the camera.
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules