Android app freezing and several minutes of flight!
1364 7 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

It is being reported on several forums that the DJi Android app freezes afetr several minutes into each flight.

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/app-crash-in-flight.44074/page-2#post-407320

2015-6-7
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Hmmm - trying to get people to go to that forum ???? .......     
2015-6-7
Use props
johnmaetta
lvl.2

United States

Total Posted at 2015-6-8 06:37
Hmmm - trying to get people to go to that forum ???? .......

Wow...how did you guess? You have an issue with the Phantompilots forum?

Did a search on here for 'android freeze', found nothing thought I would pass the word.

Thanks for the helpful reply.

2015-6-7
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

johnmaetta@comc Posted at 2015-6-8 09:31
Wow...how did you guess? You have an issue with the Phantompilots forum?

Did a search on here for ...

Nope , The Phantompilots forum is a great resource .  I have been using the Sony Z2 with almost no issues at all , Well one thing the phone does get hot when using the app...
2015-6-7
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

See thIs...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-2-1.html
2015-6-8
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

I too had the problems but not with iphone 6.
2016-3-1
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

Best advice I can give is to reboot and go into Airplane mode before each flight.  That seems to make things much more reliable.  If I have made previous flights without rebooting the device, DJI Go seems to stay running in the background even if I've "exited" it with the Back button.  To be fair I've had the same sort of issue with Litchi, maybe the Phantom SDK is what is hanging?

2016-3-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-3-1 07:15
Best advice I can give is to reboot and go into Airplane mode before each flight.  That seems to mak ...

I have noticed it in both apps as well.  You have to actually stop the processes from running to shut them down,  or they will run in the background.  This happens even when I have the developer option set to 0 background processes.
I think the big problem with the Android devices is overheating due to the demands of the flight programs coupled with having several apps running in the background.  And some people are using older devices,  and some even are unaware that they should turn on airplane mode and kill everything but the flight app.  I use an Nvidia Shield tablet and an S5 Galaxy.  The S5 has no sim card in it.  Both devices are dedicated to flight only.  I usually don't have any problems,  but if I for some reason forget to check,  there seems to always be stuff running in the background.  And it seems some devices are touchy about having the USB Debugging turned on.  
2016-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules