ColorMonki - Monitor Calibrator
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
salmonshark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

So I got a ColorMonki to calibrate my monitors with...  So far I think it has helped a lot...

Who else uses a monitor calibrator?  Which one do you use?

Thanks!
SalmonShark

2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SalmonShark. Thank you for sharing these information with us and thank you for your support.
2019-5-20
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Cool! May I ask how it works?
2019-5-21
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Cool! May I ask how it works?
2019-5-21
Use props
fans5aa8a2c5
lvl.3
United States

The ColorMonki Gotcha.
After making a monitor color profile on a Win 10 computer, I found that the Win 10 photo viewer displayed  all pictures darker than they should be.
It's a MS bug in handling the color profile.
The fix is to use a different Viewer such as 123 Photo viewer.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... etab=pivot
2019-5-21
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I use a ColorMonki with my ASUS ProArt 24" 16:10 monitor

It's very common for the resulting profile after calibration to make the screen appear darker, sometimes much darker. This is 'Generally' due to the majority of people having their screens too bright in the first place with either too much contrast, brightness or both.

I use 2 video editing packages along with an image editing one, the image editing one has color management built in and allows me to load the ColorMonki's calibration profile to ensure the software is handling the colors correctly. I usually run with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 while playing with my images.

The proof for whether your calibrated monitor, although appearing darker, is displaying correctly is to edit a pic in imaging editing software which uses color management using for example sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and loaded with the ColorMonki's profile, save your modified image (for later), find a local printer who is fully certified to print to the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 standard, send a compatible file with the sRGB info embedded.......When you get the print back from them, open your editing software and load your pre-saved image from earlier, hold your print next to the screen and your print and screen image of the same should look more or less identical in brightness, contrast and most importantly the color's.

My test print I would say was around 99% identical to the image on screen so my ColorMonki did a perfect job. After a short while you get completely used to the darker screen and it's much easier on the eye's.

One thing I will say though, if your monitor does not support 100% of the sRGB gamut then you WILL not get a perfect result, most cheaper monitors support as low as 88% of sRGB  ! ! ! ! !

Regards
Paul   
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules