2767 30 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

Hello Everyone,

My name is Nino and I'm drone pilot from Croatia, Europe. I have more than 5 year and far more than 100 hours flying experience (Airborne Robotics XR6, P4P v2, Mavic 2 Pro).

I was formerly head of architecture and photogrametry department in one private company, but 1 month ago, I've started my own bussines. Core bussines of company is as you probabbly guess, photogrammetry and architecture. So, I bought brand new M2P, Sony A6000, new PC won RealityCapture licence on Competition (1st place in walktrough category: https://www.capturingreality.com/Article-RCdragons-winners , model: https://skfb.ly/6KBE6 ), got this beutiful project to do, and than this happened. I've crashed my new drone to tall cypress. At firt, Mavic was stuck on the tree, but soon It fell down.

I hit the very top of the cypress at the bell tower. With my drone, my heart was broken also. I was on edge to cry You can see the damage in the gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/oscyvmbk/

Is this worth repairing? Is there any possibility to buy only naked drone without the battery, controller and other accesories?

Than you very much, and kind regards from Croatia.

Nino

2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that - you can buy just the drone from DJI but the price difference is less than €200 of a full kit so you may be better off sending it to DJI and seeing what the repair charge will be. You can always decline the repair before paying the invoice, have it returned, sell it off as spare parts on eBay and use that to reduce the replacement cost of a brand new one. Good luck.
2019-5-20
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Did you have DJI care/insurance? If it was a "company" drone I would have gotten insurance.
If you payed with credit-card you should look into the card details, a lot of times it will have a sort of product insurance on there too.

Good luck
2019-5-20
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

Drone is property of my company. I did not have insurance.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Nino. I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-5-20
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-20 07:50
Hello and good day Nino. I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.

I've contacted support team 2 days ago (request 2134173). Just for information, how long it usually takes to reply back?

Thank you
2019-5-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

write them via chat, but I think only they will advise you to is to book repair via online form.
2019-5-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

But repair will be quite expensive the gimbal itself will be somewhere around 500 - 600 eur.
2019-5-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Externally, it doesn't really look that bad.  
2019-5-22
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Doesn't look too bad but still sucks
2019-5-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crashing, dying, lottery winning, etc. are all unfathomable but they are still possibilities.  It doesn't matter if you have 50 years of experience or 1 day, you do it wrong or right once..

I kept saying so many times, "You can have all the skills and technology in the world but if it doesn't bring you back to paying attention in time or taking evasion action by force when you need it the most it's game over."

Also, how did you recover the drone on the island?  Someone rich invited you over?  They have Millions and millions of dollars yet you lost something that is not even pennies..
2019-5-24
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

I was working on the island (cultural preservation project). And the saddest part, I was doing photogrammetry for free (gesture of goodwill) since I'm at very start of my own business :/
2019-6-5
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

Anyway, I've sent my drone to Germany for repair. How long it takes from conductiong damage assessment to quotation? I'm waiting for 4 days now, and nobody contacted me yet.
2019-6-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck, hope that it all works out for you.  
2019-6-5
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pro88Cro Posted at 6-5 04:59
Anyway, I've sent my drone to Germany for repair. How long it takes from conductiong damage assessment to quotation? I'm waiting for 4 days now, and nobody contacted me yet.

Wise decision - hope you get it back soon
2019-6-5
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

Can someone please help me with quotation on my repair?

So, I received  quotation with price.

At the end of quotation there is note:

"4. Please check the quotation closely. If you have a valid VAT number or need any invoice address changes, please send it to us via e-mail for verifying. Please do not pay until you receive any feedback. After payment, a subsequent change of address, a VAT- or any other refund is excluded."

On other hand, on the Repair progress Inquiry my status is:  "The quotation has been sent to your mail box. Please check it. It will take 1 working day to confirm payment. Please wait patiently. "

So, I'm confused now. Should I pay or not

Thanks
2019-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Pro88Cro Posted at 6-6 10:14
Can someone please help me with quotation on my repair?

So, I received  quotation with price.

Yes if everything checks out pay your goods will ship straight away, other information is for those who are registered with dji for zero vat .
2019-6-6
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

I'm paying only net price because my company is paying for the repair.
2019-6-6
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Sorry to hear about yr crash - it is a horrible pain to be affected by. I hope you will recover and be back in the air soon. Best wishes for yr new business.
2019-6-8
Use props
Dean01
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Sorry to hear about yr crash - it is a horrible pain to be affected by. I hope you will recover and be back in the air soon. Best wishes for yr new business.
2019-6-8
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

Thanks a lot. I hope that drone will fly by the end of the next week
2019-6-8
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

Drone repaired and dji care activated. Me happy
2019-6-18
Use props
ajrulez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 447142 ft
United States

DJI care refresh is a plus!
2019-6-18
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Croatia

UPDATE:

First time I've tried to fly with mavic since the repair, i've noticed that FPV is laggy. It was super smooth before repair. Changing to regular (not HD) mode helped a bit, but still it was not nearly as good as before. Then I went to fly one photogrammetric mission in the middle of the woods (Monastery again - https://goo.gl/maps/9UfPhk4Bu6RFxwLq7 ) and  i've lost connection with my drone 3 or 4 times. At that moment, I had none control over drone, even drone was top 15m from me, and I had clean visibility. Controller managed to reconnect after RTH mode engaged, and It was nearly landed. There is no power lines near or wifi hotspots. I believed that this happened due some weird magnetic interference, but on another mission same happened. Close distance, clear visibility, remote controller connection error, RTH engaged this time no luck with reconnection even I was literally 5m from the drone.

Today, I've reinstalled DJI GO 4, cleaned usb connector on my phone, went on the fields to test the drone with 3 sets of the battery. First 2 sets were fine, no problems. I've put the last set, flew 500m away and lost connection. So, I waited for RTH to engage, but nothing happens. Tried to control the drone, and it responded. This time, I had control over the drone, only DJI GO 4 lost connection (My guess is that phone lost connection with the controller).

What's the problem, please help. I would like to say again that before crash/repair, I had super strong, super smooth HD transmission, no problem at all.

Thanks and kind regards
2019-7-27
Use props
Solo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

Pro88Cro Posted at 7-27 11:29
UPDATE:

First time I've tried to fly with mavic since the repair, i've noticed that FPV is laggy. It was super smooth before repair. Changing to regular (not HD) mode helped a bit, but still it was not nearly as good as before. Then I went to fly one photogrammetric mission in the middle of the woods (Monastery again - https://goo.gl/maps/9UfPhk4Bu6RFxwLq7 ) and  i've lost connection with my drone 3 or 4 times. At that moment, I had none control over drone, even drone was top 15m from me, and I had clean visibility. Controller managed to reconnect after RTH mode engaged, and It was nearly landed. There is no power lines near or wifi hotspots. I believed that this happened due some weird magnetic interference, but on another mission same happened. Close distance, clear visibility, remote controller connection error, RTH engaged this time no luck with reconnection even I was literally 5m from the drone.

They should be able to back their repairs. I would open a support ticket and see what they will do. Maybe they will not charge since they sent it back to you claiming it was repaired.
2019-8-17
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear about your loss - how are you making out lately?
2019-8-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pro88Cro Posted at 7-27 11:29
UPDATE:

First time I've tried to fly with mavic since the repair, i've noticed that FPV is laggy. It was super smooth before repair. Changing to regular (not HD) mode helped a bit, but still it was not nearly as good as before. Then I went to fly one photogrammetric mission in the middle of the woods (Monastery again - https://goo.gl/maps/9UfPhk4Bu6RFxwLq7 ) and  i've lost connection with my drone 3 or 4 times. At that moment, I had none control over drone, even drone was top 15m from me, and I had clean visibility. Controller managed to reconnect after RTH mode engaged, and It was nearly landed. There is no power lines near or wifi hotspots. I believed that this happened due some weird magnetic interference, but on another mission same happened. Close distance, clear visibility, remote controller connection error, RTH engaged this time no luck with reconnection even I was literally 5m from the drone.

You may have had good signal before, but this place is surrounded by trees which will soak up signals night and day.
Did you have direct signal to craft without any trees blocking the signal ?
From what I know about dji craft and the environment your flying in you will always run the risk of signal interference.

You need to go to location free of any possible interference and try out your craft there, and if your having problems then it might be some malfunction, if not then you’ll know it’s not craft.
Post logs from area flown here and log from open area free of interference.
2019-8-17
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With a bit of elbow grease it'll buff out...
2019-8-18
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4

Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for late response. I was working hard lately  

I've bought new Delock USB 3.1 A (not micro USB) to C cable, and It seems that this works just fine. Is it possible that bad cable caused the problem?
2019-9-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Pro88Cro Posted at 9-16 10:15
Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for late response. I was working hard lately  

Definitely yes, cable is the first thing to check/replace.
2019-9-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer

And if you want a little more reliablity, make sure you are connecting to the bottom usb port on your controller then to your device. Get rid of that little 3 inch shorty thing.
The side port is notoriously fragile, and you will get disconnects for the app  randomly from that port and time goes by and it wears...
2019-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules