Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EV compensation?
4624 3 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

I'm new to using ND filters on my Zoom(Manual mode). When i put on a ND filter, i adjust my ISO to keep as low as possible(usually 100). Then i adjust my shutter speed to match my frame rate. Usually 4K 30fps with 1/60th shutter speed.
Everything looks good from where i did the set up but when i go flying, the video is all over the place. Too bright, just right, too dark.
Can you adjust the EV settings in manual while in flight to help compensate for the changing light conditions?
How do you guys deal with the varying conditions when using ND filters in manual mode on the Zoom.
I'm not talking about using the zoom feature while flying. I'm just leaving the lens at 24mm.
Hope to get good advice, thank you.
2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Set the 5D button to increase/decrease EV - this will auto change the shutter speed to reach the desired EV.
2019-5-20
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

A J Posted at 5-20 09:34
Set the 5D button to increase/decrease EV - this will auto change the shutter speed to reach the desired EV.

Will this work in Manual mode? So as i see it, this will break the 180* rule (shutter speed double the fps) for parts of the flight but i'm assuming that the shutter speed wouldn't too far off (because i'll be using a ND filter) from the 180* rule.
So all i would  have to do is adjust the EV+or- to get it close to 0?
2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuserCCO Posted at 5-20 10:35
Will this work in Manual mode? So as i see it, this will break the 180* rule (shutter speed double the fps) for parts of the flight but i'm assuming that the shutter speed wouldn't too far off (because i'll be using a ND filter) from the 180* rule.
So all i would  have to do is adjust the EV+or- to get it close to 0?

It has to adjust the settings to create the zero EV - the ISO, shutter speed and lighting conditions are what will align the exposure on cameras with a fixed aperture. The only way to adjust the EV without touching the camera settings is by tilting the gimbal down slightly as less sky will let less light into the sensor and this will lower the EV but other than that it is a case of stopping, stop record and adjust your settings to create the EV you want then resume record/flight or doing more transitions in post to erase the changes in exposure. TBH the 180 degree rue is not absolutely essential with drones - as long as your shutter speed is not too fast you will still have motion blur in the image.
2019-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules